Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:49 pm
Ebbe let out a frustrated sigh.

He knew his Unbranded needed duels and training. He knew some were grossly unskilled. Still, that did not mean you could go all out on a lion. Sure, the Monarch's Claw had been out of commission for a few days to care for his injured apprentice, but that didn't mean the Claw could use complete force on such a rookie.

You wouldn't teach someone the necessary fighting skills, if they could not move for a few days. Hopefully the female was stronger mentally than physically to overcome the new bruises she had acquired. Just because she was showing more black and blue than the other Unbranded did not mean Ebbe could go easy on her. He just...wouldn't assign Atama to her duels. Or any other painfully unskilled unbranded either for that matter. Perhaps a Scar, or Shield.

Shaking his head, the lion did not dwell on the subject. What was done was done.

It was starting to get dark. Best to be heading home now that his den was blissfully empty again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:48 am
A black form was slinking its way between termite hills at the moment. Nighttime was good for her, a time when she could be among the shadows and observe the Outlands undisturbed, and she normally took advantage of it to keep tags on where everything was.

Of course, it wasn't quite dark enough for her tastes yet, but hey, at least she was able to easily spot the orange and striped hulk walking back from what she guessed was training.

Purple eyes lighting up mischievously, Shetani changed course to intercept him. Oh, she'd heard some juicy news about Ebbe, and now seemed like a great time to... confirm it. (read: poke fun at him for it.)

"Well, hello, Ebbe," the lioness said silkily, "Been busy?"

KasaiLoki

MangoMeow

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 am
MangoMeow

Orange eyes were alert as he heard the sounds of shuffling approach him. They narrowed, spotting the queen's advisor approaching. Ebbe wasn't particularly close to the other Queen's viziers. He had his own duty, and they were completely different that what Katiti and Shetani had to do.

At some points, Ebbe found the job of the Mind and Soul useless than the one of the Claw. Strength and Protection were everything to a pride. Without it, who would be there to protect it?

There was something about her words that caused the fur to stand on edge on his neck. "I am always busy, Shetani." He stated with a snort. "When have you cared about my daily rounds?"

What was the Mind getting at? Only is subordinates or the Queen usually approached him. The amount of suspicion the Claw had towards the dark lioness was thick.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 am
"Oh," she chuckled, "I always keep one ear out for what's happening in the pride, daily routines or not."

Shetani slunk forward on silent paws to sit beside him. People were more at ease when addressed side by side, rather than face forward, though she imagined it would be moot point anyway. Ebbe was already suspicious of her, something that made the moment that much more entertaining to her.

With a cat-like grin, the Mind raised an eyebrow, "But from what I hear down the grapevine, you've certainly had more on your mind than daily rounds." She wondered how long it would take for him to catch on to what she was talking about. Possibly never, men were never great at picking up on these things.

KasaiLoki

MangoMeow

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:00 pm
MangoMeow

The fact that Shetani chose to take a seat next to him instead of in front did not bother him. At least she wouldn’t be able to see the constant sneer on his maw face first now.

He seemed to freeze though as the Mind’s words entered his own head. …more on your mind than daily rounds. If his eyes could narrow anymore into slits, they would have.

"What are you getting at, Shetani." A growl pooled low in his voice as his ears pinned back, hiding in his slicked back blonde mane. Sure, he was more distracted in the sense he hadn’t been showing up for his daily rounds to make sure his apprentice was okay. If he had witnessed the injury to any other lion of the pride he would have done the same.[

i]Wouldn’t he?"And just which ‘grapevine’ are you hearing this through, anyways?"

Maybe it was time to visit the source to give them a little…lesson…on privacy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:21 am
The lioness gave a gruff laugh, "Now that would be telling. Besides, I need to spare my grapevine being mauled by their Claw." She knew better than to mention to Ebbe, of all people, who her informants were. Though, to be honest, it was more of a gossip chian. She didn't have minions like Kat. Hers were more of a social string of news than anything else.

She waved a paw, trying to turn the conversation back to the matter at hand, "Regardless." She shuffled just a bit closer, leaning in almost like telling a secret, "I hear you've been a little... protective... of your apprentice of late." Attached was probably closer to the point, but she was enjoying playing with him.

"Why, it makes one wonder what could be on your mind."

KasaiLoki

MangoMeow

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:36 pm
MangoMeow

Ebbe's nostrils flared as Shetani spoke. His claws dug into the dirt.

"Fine." He growled. If she didn't want to tell him, then everyone would be doing double rounds for the next week until someone wanted to fess up. The only ones that would notice him missing would be the Scars, (two) Claws, Shields and Unbranded. The other ranks never seemed to get up in his business.

He didn't appreciate where this conversation was going. Ebbe was a rather private lion, and hearing rumors were spreading was something he needed to n** real quickly.

"Protective?" Ebbe barked. "Hah. If you were in the same position Delphi was in, I would have acted the same for you." Well, maybe not, but Shetani didn't need to know that. It was also the first time Ebbe had mentioned Delphi's name.

"Nothing other than making sure the I have a well trained Apprentice. In which, last I saw, you still lack one. Good to know the future of the Monarch's Mind is limited right now." He resisted a childish eyeroll as he grunted his response.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:39 am
Shetani watched his reaction with amusement, entertained that his fur was so ruffled, and then laughed out loud, "I suppose." Though she rather doubted he would come to her aid, she would let him continue with that excuse.

The lioness shrugged at his next comment, "I like to consider my apprentice very careful, although," she hummed in thought, "I actually do have someone in mind." She would need to approach the Queen about it first, but she was confident that she would give her approval. The young one showed the promise of being a good Mind (and Shetani would be lying if she said that she didn't enjoy Aera's wit).

She threw a sly glance over at him as she lifted a paw to rub at her chin, "A shame though. From what I hear, this ah, Delphi, was it? Delphi sounds like quite the catch for any young male. She'll probably have a few suitors once she's become the Claw."

Her tail flicked as she stood again, winding around him and taking a few paces away, "She's deserves the best, but I suppose if the best isn't interested...." The black lioness trailed off as she started wandering away, keeping one ear back in curiosity of his reaction.

KasaiLoki

MangoMeow

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:54 pm
MangoMeow

Ebbe huffed.

"Your apprentice will be ill trained then if you keep putting it off. Don't you want Kethiwe to have a well trained vizier once he takes the throne?" The lion asked, the eye roll he had been holding back finally making itself known. Surely Shetani could probably stay on board when that happened. Ebbe sure would, however he knew the Monarch's Claw was a position that would eventually need younger blood. Delphi was perfect for it.

His eyes narrowed as she spoke Delphi's name. "Then let her have suitors. She will learn you can't have both if you wish to do the job properly." None of the viziers had any young children. More to prove Ebbe's point?

Ebbe watched Shetani walk a few steps away, his ears flickered towards her although his eyes didn't follow.

"She deserves the best, but I suppose if the best isn't interested..." She had said. He felt himself tensing, and for once was glad that the female wasn't looking at him.

"She does deserve the best." He muttered, biting his tongue before he could say anything else. He obviously, did not think he be the best. Shaking his head, the male stood, turning in the opposite direction of the Mind. He didn't need this conversation right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:38 am
She smirked at his comment. Oh, she would make sure she wasn't. If there was one thing she prided herself on, it was the ability to teach successfully and thoroughly. Plus, she didn't think Aera would fall behind the other apprentices.

But then Shetani frowned at his next words, pausing in her steps to glance back at him with narrowed eyes. That was... strangely self-deprecating, a concept that sounded strange in regards to Ebbe. She watched as he stood and left, before continuing her walk.

She was chewing on her thoughts as she walked though, debating whether an intervention was needed.

KasaiLoki

MangoMeow

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces