Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Thalia sat in a barren tree near the termite mounds she stretched out her white wings out of all her siblings she stood out the most, which she supposed was a good and a bad thing. She sighed out a deep breath watching the lions of scar moving about their business. She wasn't much use as a spy. She could still deliver messages within the pride but that didn't exactly put her at the top of the pecking order among her family members. Why she had to be born totally white in a red clay landscape was anyone's guess. She wondered if anyone would think her a good mate when she might make their chicks just as white and bright as she was. Not the best thought process for a harsh land like this one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:19 pm
Midnightglow18

Ah. Finally!

Erato was given a small reprieve from watching Katiti's little brat! Luckily, the adolescent had found new guidance with the Monarch's Mind, which meant Era could enjoy a little bit more freedom spying and gossiping around the pride.

The black raven scanned the area, spotting the solid white avian on a tree. Thalia. She stuck out like a sore thumb against the red lands. How or Why Katiti kept the pale avian around was still questionable.

"What are you doing out here alone, Thalia?" Erato asked, landing on a branch beside the pale bundle of feathers. "Don't have anything to do for Katiti today?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm
KasaiLoki

Thalia frowned at Erato "Done babysitting already, you shouldn't take your job for granted, least you have a job to do and feathers that are useful for spying." She said in a bitter tone. It was a wonder Thalia hadn't been killed at birth what use was she to anyone? Spying she would be spotted from a mile away. This was her home though where her family lived so leaving wasn't a choice for her. She pouted she wanted to be useful to her pride she just wasn't sure how she could be. "So what are you doing over here then?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:46 pm
Midnightglow18

"Finally done with it. Maybe you should watch the little brat. Give me some more time to stretch my wings." She wasn't sure if Katiti would enjoy that thought. Whatever she had planned for Thalia, if babysitting was one of them, she would have told her to do it, not Era.

"What are you doing out here anyways. Another day of doing nothing?" The raven asked, starting to preen her feathers. The bad thing about these lands was the amount of red dust that collected on her wings. It took ages to get out, and then when she finally did, the light set of dirt would settle back amidst her feathers.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:51 pm
KasaiLoki

Thalia shrugged "Maybe I will take over babysitting instead of you, it's not like I'm useful for spying I can be seen from a mile away and Kat has all of you for messenger work." She puffed up her wings "I could look after cubs just as well as you could." She said proudly. The tips of Thalia's wings were covered in red. Perhaps if she could get the red dust to stick better she could do spy work just as well as her siblings. She would have to search within herself what flight path she wanted to take in her life. "I will figure out what fate has set before me or leave fate in the dust and find my own flight path." She said firmly and then sighed. At least she hoped she could figure out the mess that was her young life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 pm
Midnightglow18

"Feel free! Maybe you can ask Katiti tonight. You might have to deal with the Monarch's Mind though." What was that dark lioness's name again? Shetani?

"Then I can go spying with the others." Erato enjoyed a good lurking, and reporting back. Some lions had so much drama in their lives, it was hard not to watch. She eyed the white bird. "Then tell her you can. Don't just sit here on a branch. Go talk to her." Erato shrugged. The quicker Thalia could ask Katiti, the sooner Aera would be out of Era's feathers.

"Ohhh. Thinking of leaving Katiti?" Erato asked, pertaining to Thalia finding her own path. "Careful saying things like that out loud. "Kat wouldn't like hearing that."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:03 pm
KasaiLoki

Thalia nodded her head and then said "Alright then I will talk to her so you can go spying with the others if your so bored watching the cub, I will laugh at you though if you return in a few days saying you actually miss the little one and realize they aren't just a brat wasting your time." Thalia teased her sister. "Perhaps you really are a softy under all the huff over wanting to go spying." Thalia laughed a high pitched sound. "No, I don't mean that I mean finding a take other than babysitting and spying, there have to be other ways to serve Kat without feeling like a worthless pile of feathers I need to find what I'm good at." Thalia couldn't imagine a life without her family even if there wasn't much food or water in the Outlands.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm
Midnightglow18

"Psh. You are talking crazy again, Thalia. There is no way I will care for a cub. Or, growing cub. Or a feline." Avian maybe. Katiti, well, a given for obvious reasons.

"Keep saying words like that and see what happens." Erato muttered under her breath, puffing up.

"Well...You might feel like a worthless pile of feathers, but I don't." Erato shrugged. "Maybe you should cover yourself in the mud. At least it'll hide the white of yours." Era suggested. "Or, maybe you can be a useful spy for Katiti in the future. If they know she travels with black birds, a white one wouldn't cross their mind if you flew over them hearing or spotting potential threats. Use it to your advantage." Erato would, if she was born different. But she wasn't, so she didn't have to think about that.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 pm
KasaiLoki

Thalia laughed she still believed there was love in the outlands even if no one ever spoke of it, perhaps she was an odd egg but that was how she felt. She wouldn't push her teasing though. She made a happy caw sound and then said "Thank you for the suggestion Erato, regardless I will watch the brat as you say for you with Kat's permission and you can go spying."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm
Midnightglow18

Erato hmphed, giving Thalia a short nod. "The worst she can say is no." And then she would still get stuck with the cub duty. The dark raven would just find herself in the same predicament she was currently in, and maybe she would just leave the ward with Shetani again. She could continue to do that until the adolescent unbranded was old enough to make decisions on her own, right?

Probably not. BUT, Erato sure would try.

"I'm going to go stretch my wings a bit. Make sure you ask her soon. You don't want to wait on something like that." More like Erato did not want her to wait on it, but hey, Thalia asking meant Thalia could take any brunt of Katiti's words. Era would just nod or shake her head if she disagreed or agreed.

"See you later, Thal" Erato extended her wings, flying off from the barren tree.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:34 pm
KasaiLoki

Thalia nodded and flew off to find Kat to talk to her about cub sitting..

(Fin)  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff