[PRP] Apprehension (Sylfie/A'myl+Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:48 am
Two goldflights in a matter of days! Neither of them Hesperith, thank Faranth, she could wait five or ten turns between flights and that would be just fine as far as Sylfie was concerned; she wasn't quite ready to deal with all of that just yet, and in fact felt even less so than she had been for her dragon's first clutch. That had been at Ista, before Thread, when it hadn't mattered the way it would now. The way it would here. Whenever it happened, it would prove their value, their place, and people would talk about everything from the number of eggs to what they contained. But what if it was a small clutch? What if there weren't 'enough' metallics, or there were whites?

You should not fret so, Mine, Hesperith advised from where she lay sunning after her early-morning bath. It will be fine, and I'm sure it is a long way off, besides. There is no sense in fussing over the far future.

Sylfie sighed, pulling her damp hair forward over her shoulder and undoing the braid. It was early yet, so they'd been spared some of the heat, but scrubbing and oiling a gold dragon was quite a task regardless of the weather, and one she was only just getting back to tending to without any help. Her scoring was now healed enough that the pair was back to full capabilities and duties, although Sylfie was of mixed emotions about that. She had no desire to fly another 'fall again ever, but there was no running from the responsibility, or the potential for further injury.

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:20 am
Funny that Sylfie should be thinking about shelling whites--maybe that's why A'myl's ears felt a bit warm. Or maybe it was because he was recalling the awkward moments between Fianth's going up and his slamming the door of his and Vee's weyr. He'd had to shake off several hands on his way there, and snapped some choice words to at least one too-persistent offender. And, as always, Vee was incessantly encouraging him to partake, certain he'd miraculously end up with his future weyrmate. One day, he was sure, his head was just going to explode during one of those flights. At least then the pain would end!

Now you are just being dramatic. Viyanakerth's twinkling laugh entered A'myl's mind like sunlight through the leaves, and he couldn't help but smile.

As they neared the lake, A'myl waved a greeting to Sylfie. He knew all of the goldriders at High Reaches, at least by reputation if not personally. They kind of stood out like sore thumbs, much like he and his white did. "Good morning," he said amiably when they were close enough, and bent to set down the various items he'd been carrying--scrubbing sand, rose and herb-scented oil, a soft brush and a couple of rags. It was probably a little much for such a small dragon, but no one would ever be able to accuse him of not being thorough when it came to taking care of Viyanakerth's hide.

Meepfur

Teiha

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:27 pm
Though Sylfie was absorbed in her own thoughts and worries, as she so often was, Hesperith always had an eye out for the goings-on around her, and particularly for the presence of other dragons...especially for males, regardless of color. While the gold was already prettily posed in the light, she did draw herself up attentively, eyes whirling happy colors as they took in the sight of pearly white hide. Good morning, she extended pleasantly.

It was the shift in her dragon's posture that caught her own attention and drew Sylfie's gaze in time to catch that she was being waved at, and she left off fiddling with her hair to shyly return the gesture. She'd never not been awkward, had always been some level of anxious about social interaction, but she felt it more keenly than ever in the wake of being scored. All the time she'd spent holed up hadn't done her any favors.

"'lo," she responded to the whiterider's greeting, gaze flicking quickly over and past him to fix more safely on the supplies he proceeded to set down. That one syllable really didn't cut it, she knew, and bit her lip while she fished for more. "The...water's nice to day."

Safe and blandly neutral. There.

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am
At the gold’s warm greeting, Vee’s neck snaked into a delighted S-shape, his almost perpetually blue eyes whirling deeper shades. It wasn’t often he was shown even basic courtesy, especially by a metallic. And good morning to you, Hesperith! You are looking absolutely brilliant in this sunlight. A new oil, perhaps? No, surely it is only your own natural radiance.

A’myl knelt to open up the jar of oil, glancing in a sort of double-take at the girl as she muddled through that last sentence. One unpleasant side effect of his good looks and sometimes wintry resting expression was the discomfort some people felt in his presence, that fear of judgment or of being considered relatively unattractive themselves. The fresh scarring across Sylfie’s face made him wonder if perhaps this wasn’t the case. It was a terrible shame for a woman to be embarrassed by her own appearance—again, if that were the cause of her shyness.

“I’m sure it is,” he cheerfully agreed, referring to the water. “This heat has been ridiculous.” He remained on one knee, setting to removing his footwear and fastidiously rolling up his pantlegs. “How is Hesperith's hide faring? No heat-rash anywhere, I hope?”

Meepfur

Teiha

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:51 pm
Why, Mine did use a new oil today, although I do believe the change was only to the scent, and not to the body of the recipe. Hesperith answered, deeply pleased by such charming compliments, and her reply worded so as not to give this new oil all the credit for how splendid she looked today. For if Viyanakerth thought her radiant, then surely she must be! But while she soaked up the compliment, she was not so ungracious not to offer any in return. If I didn't know better, I would have thought you freshly oiled, yourself. You have quite a gleam about you.

"It has been," she agreed after a moment's hesitation, her gaze shifting over to Hesperith when A'myl asked about her. "It's- it's been fine. Iathe - ah, one of the candidates - has been helping me with her. Not, well. Not today. But she took good care of her until...until I could again."

Oh, Faranth. What a hopeless mess she was, already muddling.

Teiha

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff