Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:18 am
Alosha was fairly used to being approached with the Weyr. Not in a political sense, but rather in the sense that if something wasn't behaving the way it should have been, the greenrider was the safest bet on having someone get to the bottom of it. So when she'd been informed that something down in the kitchens was struggling to work right she'd bustled on down to take a look.

The short version was that she'd just spent a good portion of her morning shoulder deep in a stove freeing it of caked ash. The longer version was that she was now quite the head-turner, one arm, half of her torso, and part of her face simply blackened.

Didn't you just get that washed? Phaedrath asked privately as the young woman navigated the hallways of the Weyr. Alosha gave the mental equivalent of a shrug. I can shake out the worst of it and get it cleaned again, she informed. It was just a blouse, after all.

There was a long pause from her lifemate before the dragon weedled further: You're not going to Wing Drills looking like that, right? This is not the way to make a memorable mark in K'ienn's mind. a fact that concerned Phaedrath much more than it did Alosha. As it was, the less she stuck out in his mind, the more it meant she was doing her job. Really, this would be the most memorable she was in weeks.

She just had to not run directly into anybody or they'd probably need a change too. Too bad her dragon was so adverse to the idea of getting ashen to just give her a lift.

Teiha
Hey look at this load of garbage I wrote. :V

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm
The Hurricanes powered through the sunny sky in perfect formation, dragon hides glistening and flames gouting in all directions as they practiced for the next Threadfall. Everyone seemed upbeat and sure of themselves that day. Jokes, laughter and catcalls filled the air along with the numerous pairs of dragon wings. Astride his trumpeting bronze, Ay'ril couldn't help but laugh heartily at Yffengeth's absolute joy in it all.

At the signal of the drill's end, they landed and the wingriders split off into groups - most either to dip in the lake or escape the heat indoors with a nice cold drink. Ay'ril was one of the latter, trailing his palm, hot and nearly blistered from the heat and chafing of his riding gloves, along the cool stone wall. His grin was wide as he and his wingmates rounded a corner, completely absorbed in their enthusiastic banter. He wasn't exactly paying the most attention to what might be in front of him as he did so...

demon_pachabel
It's only garbage because mine is too. cool

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:50 pm
If Alosha had her head about her, she probably wouldn't have been hugging the corner of that turn so tightly. If she hadn't have been, then she probably would have had more time to actually react when she circled it and right into someone coming the other way. In an ideal world, she would have stepped back before that had happened. In the one she actually received, however, the ash that she'd been on her way to try and keep from going everywhere...

It came off of her like powder off of a puff, finding new places to resettle like another shirt, or further onto Alosha's face or onto the floor.

"I'm so sorry!" even before she'd been able to assess the damage, the words came tumbling out. Hopefully it would give her enough time to see just how big of a mess she'd just made. Especially when the young man she'd run into had company to see it all. Oh boy.

Teiha
Trash Can party

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 pm
And suddenly, the world went black as Ay'ril walked right into someone, the clash rousing up a poof of airborne particles. He was instantly dusted over with what smelled like and appeared to be... soot, of all things. After attaching most of itself to the front of his shirt, it had also blown up against one side of his face, leaving a large smudge across his cheek and eye. There was a beat of frozen silence before the bronzerider's companions let loose whoops and good-natured jeers at his misfortune. A couple of them slapped his shoulder just to laugh at the little clouds the act raised. And of course, after their laugh, the buggers scampered off for their drinks, abandoning Ay'ril and his equally filthy new friend.

It was absurd, so absurd that he couldn't help but chuckle as he looked over at the half-blackened human being, showing her that no harm had been done. Alana? Alisa? She was a greenrider, resourceful... and a Trespasser, he seemed to recall. Alosha, of green Phaedrath, Yffengeth supplied. The bronze could always be counted on to remember the name of a rider whose dragon he found to be pretty.

"Alosha." He smiled. "I see you've been working hard."

demon_pachabel
User Image

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm
This wouldn't have happened if you had just given me a lift, she informed Phaedrath privately, knowing that her lifemate was absolutely horrified through their connection. It was meant teasingly, but Alosha could already feel her lifemate trying to figure out how to just fix everything. Yet perhaps it wouldn't take her green's intervention. It seemed that nobody had gotten their feathers ruffled by the mishap - at least that was what Alosha guessed from the reaction of the wingriders who had left with a minimum amount of teasing and laughter. It eased any tension she'd felt about the entire thing. Instinctively, Alosha offered a smile in turn.

"I think the day I'm not in the middle of a task is the day I'll fall over and die," she replied, humor lacing her tone. After a moment, her eyes trailed down the dark sooty marks left from their impact. Then, she also turned to look after his companions as well.

"Please tell me I didn't ruin anything important," whether she meant his shirt, or his social outing, she didn't seem particularly specific.

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:55 am
Her droll tone prompted another chuckle from the auburn-haired man. "I know that feeling." It was proving quite easy to become a workaholic when one had a third of the responsibility over an entire wing. At any rate, Ay'ril was pleased to see that the young lady's consternation faded quickly. It wouldn't do at all to make her feel despised for a silly little accident... though he did wonder how well the black stuff would come out of that fabric. "I'm sure I can find someone who knows how to get it out if I can't."

He felt a surge of relief from Yffengeth as the bronze touched down in the lake, cool water closing over his hide. It reminded the man again of just how uncomfortably hot he was, and of his quest for refreshment. He unconsciously wiped at the sweat beading at his temples, smearing the ash smudge even further across his face. "Were you headed for the lake, by any chance?"

demon_pachabel

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:39 pm
"Oh, the people down in laundry have been able to get everything out of my clothing. A little soot is the least of their abilities," but it did ease her feelings to know that Ay'ril wasn't about to get upset about it. Some did.

His inquiry was quickly answered with a shake of her head. "I was hoping to get cleaned up before I ah.." Alosha paused mid sentence, holding in a slight chuckle at the ash that he smeared across his face. "I was hoping to not make a mess," she finally finished. Phaedrath, however, was now seeming rather hopeful about a change in her rider's plans. Oh, it would have been a very convenient excuse for her to go....

chat.

"Unless you're looking for some company?" the least she could do, after she'd just made him dirty, on top of being sweaty.

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:50 pm
He listened with a smile at what sounded to him to be the beginnings of an excuse—and a rather half-hearted one, at that. “You were planning to get cleaned up before you ah... got cleaned up?” There was a clear, yet gentle pestering note in the question, paired with the raising of one brow. He was decidedly amused by the way her freckles had appeared to multiply during their conversation as the dark flecks of ash continued to rise and settle on them both. Heh. She was… cute.

Unlike a certain shameless schmoozer that he knew (and, frankly, wished he didn’t), he’d keep that thought to himself for now. “Yff, is there room in the lake for a few more?” he asked aloud for Alosha’s benefit.

What?

“Yup, plenty of room.” Even without a helpful answer from the bronze, Ay’ril could see well enough through Yffengeth’s eyes. The lake was a popular spot at the moment, but it was still large enough for many more dragons to fit, as it always had been—hence the dragon's confusion. He turned, stepping aside out of the young lady’s way, and gestured back toward the way he’d come from with a sweep of his hand. “Shall we?”

demon_pachabel

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Fortunately, Alosha seemed to lack the feeling of annoyance or embarrassment and the teasing was taken at face value for what it was: good fun. “Yep! Have to clean up before I clean up. It's a three step process if you're this dirty!” She dramatically flipped her short hair, sending a small puff of ash into the air from off of her shoulder with the gesture. Clearly, she'd been mocking the kind of posing one would have done otherwise to try and show themselves off as a prizewinning specimen, which in that moment Alosha was not.

We're heading to the lake, dear. In case you want to find some company. There was a clear jab in Phaedrath’s direction, but the green had no problem changing her plans to go find Yffengeth. After all, they could have just as fine of chatter while their riders were in each other’s company.

On the other hand, Alosha put on a show of looking utterly (if somewhat falsely) charmed by the sweeping hand gesture as she fell into step next to Ay’ril. “Lead the way - goodness knows you have enough experience leading a little lady like me, right?”

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:01 pm
The greenrider’s question, though meant to be a continuation of their silly act, took Ay’ril aback for a moment… but only for a moment, and then he laughed. “Truthfully, I’m usually too busy to be ‘leading’ ladies about.” That was true, even before he became a Wingsecond. His daughter Ayona had been a happy surprise nine months after a good flight, and he loved her dearly, but she was being raised in the creche. He’d been brought up in a clannish hold family so it saddened him to be separated from her, but in reality there was nothing to do about it but smile and carry on. “This will be a story you can tell your grandchildren someday: That time you spotted a wild Ay’ril in a rare moment of freedom.”

In the lake, Yffengeth was growing excited. Ay’ril was coming back! And bringing company! He joyfully flailed his wings and slapped the water with his immense tail, his golden markings flashing in the sun. Nothing made him happier than having his lifemate nearby, preferably close enough to touch.

demon_pachabel

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:22 pm
Her playful act immediately dropped upon realize the comment she'd been making had been misunderstood. "I was more meaning your work as a Wingsecond and giving assistance there," she clarified meekly. Though she could sympathize with the lack of time he had. Threadfall had sapped the idea of freetime away from everybody it felt like. She visibly perked up after a moment of thought. "Oh! It will be the tale worthy of being passed down my lineage! My children," Alosha paused to actually entertain the thought for a moment - it felt less and less possible with Threadfall, "they'll whisper it to their children by firelight in hushed tones." Her voice lowered to a conspiratory whisper as she leaned in.

It was easy for Phaedrath to pick out Yffengeth from any others assembled by the lake, giving him a thoughtful look as she landed down on the shoreline. She settled, tail wrapping around her legs as she watched him. You look happy, Yffengeth. she greeted with a tilt of her head.

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:26 am
Women were such strange and wonderful things, rarely realizing when what they said was, well… rather ambiguous and easily misinterpreted. But trust a man to assume it always had something to do with that! Perhaps he was working too hard. In any case, she still had the right of it. “Well, you certainly wouldn’t be wrong there!” he confirmed aloud. Ay’ril was relieved to see that Alosha’s humor had not been dampened. He put his hands in his pockets and mirrored her lean as they walked, grinning at her words as if he’d just been told he’d won some sort of prize.

I am happy, the bronze confirmed, making one last splash with his tail before settling down. Today has been a very good day, if hot, and the water is so refreshing. He trundled up a bit closer to where Phaedrath sat, his hindquarters almost sashaying from his customarily odd gait, and lay down where the water could still lap about his legs and belly. How are you and yours today, Phaedrath?

demon_pachabel

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:29 pm
"I didn't think I would be!" she confirmed - and perhaps it would make her sound a little full of herself. "Though genuinely, it sounds like a lot of hard work. Glad to know they've put it in capable hands - if not busy ones," she didn't know much about Ay'ril beyond his reputation and what gossip Phaedrath's fascination with the metallic boys could drum up. If he was going to make a little time for her, she was going to latch onto it like a hatchling onto their first meal.

She smiled, looking nothing like an image of innocence, as she bumped her shoulder against him. There was nothing particularly flirtatious about the gesture, though it was clear she wanted something. "So what do you usually do with your free time? I don't imagine you spend all of it having someone like me make a mess of you."

A good day? Drills went well, then? Phaedrath asked with her sweetest tone, content to stay where she sat. After all, the subject of her attention was coming to her and that was all she could ask for - and it gave her all the time in the world to admire the view. He was a handsome boy after all. While she would have thought it of any bronze, right now it was only a thought for him. My Alosha spent the day fixing this or that and made a mess of herself, but she's in good spirits, so I am too. she stopped her rather obvious looking to answer his question before finally moving to wade into the lake as well.

The water wasn't bad, she supposed. Any other plans or just going to relax?

Teiha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:11 am
Yffengeth’s enthusiasm was palpable, his wings flaring as he replied, Better than just “well.” It felt as if they wrote the books based on today’s drill! Everything was just perfect! I’m so proud of the Hurricanes. I… He trailed off, sheepishly ducking his big head a little. Few greens, in his experience, tended to enjoy such talk. I might stop by the pens for a small bite later. We won’t have the energy for a proper hunt until tomorrow.

Matching strides with his sooty friend, Ay’ril wore a thoughtful expression as they stepped outside into the sunny weyrbowl. “Hmm… someone like you? Nope. But…” He shielded his eyes from the bright light as he paused to scan the shoreline. A grin spread across his face as he spotted a gaggle of decidedly small people playing in the shallows nearby a familiar green and a very familiar bronze. “…There is someone who definitely makes a mess.” He glanced at Alosha and flashed a wink before waving her to come along as he beelined for the diminutive crowd.

demon_pachabel

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:44 pm
Phaedrath leaned so she could gently bump her snout against Yffengeth's chin, eyes whirling with blues and greens. You what? Please, I am happy to listen about your Hurricanes, though really, she was far more pleased to simply have the bronze talk to her. If that was the topic of his interest, she'd listen all day. It sounds like you and yours worked very hard. Be proud! if he was going to work so hard as to not be ready for a proper hunt, surely it had been a fine day.

Alosha fell into stride quite easily on Ay'ril's heel, looking at the small group of - kids, were they? Certainly with some capable helpers standing not too far from the gaggle of tinies, it was easy to guess they were creche workers keeping an eye out. "Ah, going to introduce me to someone I can be a bad influence on, then?" her tone was all teasing as she took an extra step here and there to match the taller man's stride.

Teiha

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff