Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Let's McFreakin' Lose It (Rizdax x Shar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:30 pm
Things were getting exciting at High Reaches Weyr. Not only had a queen Risen a few days prior, indicating a clutch was on its way, but just yesterday a second queen had Risen as well! Shar couldn't remember a time when two Golds had clutched so close together - here at High Reaches, at least - and the normally put-together girl was losing her mind with excitement. Two clutches! Two hatchings! Would they be laid together? Would they hatch at the same time? How much time would be between them, if any? All of the Candidates and adults who oversaw them were in a tizzy and everything was a bit hectic.

It was just after classes had let out for the day that Shar knew she had to find Rizdax. What was it about this boy that made all the strange situations crop up? His first Hatching had been on some island without a Touching, and now they were getting two clutches. Yes, two!

Running down the hallways, Shar slid around a corner as she dashed off towards where Riz had his remedial classes to catch him up on all of the things he had missed having joined at the age that he did. He had learned a lot in the past year but there was still much more to read about and be taught, thus keeping him out of the same classes as Shar. Still, she had walked with him from classes to lunch enough times to know exactly where he was, and once she spotted him she called out.

"Riz! Shards and shells Rizdax two clutches!" She was running so quickly that when she tried to stop she slid again, crashing into her friend with arms and legs akimbo. She grabbed him to try to keep from toppling them both over but down they went, crashing into the hard stone floor. Shar didn't feel a bit of pain, though, as adrenaline was coursing through her body. Instead she let out a laugh of disbelief at her own energy and clumsiness, not usually a trait she possessed.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:16 am
Between the first gold flight and now a second, riding on the heels of having made somewhat of a 'mistake?' he wasn't sure if he should call it that or if that was even what it was, Rizdax was a mess of nerves. Part of him was thrilled, beyond excited that he would get to participate in a touching and in another hatching so soon on the heels of the last one. Another part of him, the darkest part of him that was lacking in sleep and utterly exhausted every day trying to just get through it, that part of him was not at all excited and had spent the two gold flights scraping the skin off of his arms a bit trying to keep himself from letting his emotions overcome him once more. It made lessons interesting, even the kids in the remedial lessons with him were buzzing about it and the masters in charge of their lessons had given in trying to teach them too much other than the absolute basics. That many excited teenagers in one place raving about the gold flights and how there would be two clutches was just too much.

There was no excitement in him as he gathered all of his things together, Mint hopped into the air beside him and nuzzled at his ear before settling on his shoulder, tail wrapped protectively about his throat to keep herself grounded as well as grounding him. An exhausted smile slid over his face as he wrapped an arm around his books and scrolls, using his free hand to run down her wings gently, and slowly the two of them made their way out into the hall and towards their next class, he couldn't rightly remember what it was. Just as a yawn was pulling at him, a hand reaching up to cover it and maybe even rub at the dark circles under his eyes, a ball of excitement and limbs hit him so hard that they both crashed into the stones below, a heap of limbs and energy. Mint, to her credit, simply jumped off of his shoulder and hovered in the air above them chirping, some sort of fire lizard laugh that he would surely be amused by later.

Glancing at the smaller girl still draped over his body his heart hammered hard when he heard her laugh and both of his eyes widened in shock. Rizdax could count on one hand how many times he'd ever gotten her to laugh in the two turns they'd been friends and seeing her so excited actually sent a thrill through him all but instantly. "I heard! When that second queen rose up no one would stop staring and it's definitely all anyone's been talking about. Does this mean that we'll see double the eggs on the sands come time?"

It was all so new to him, having only stood for one clutch since he'd landed in High Reaches, Riz had missed out on a few opportunities thanks to his threadscoring and how depressed he'd been, but now even without much sleep and with all his sickness and exhaustion, he couldn't help but feel a bit heady thinking on two clutches being on the sands at once. There would be so many chances, Shar would surely meet her partner out there and if he was lucky... if he was fortunate enough... maybe there would be a hatchling out there on the sands with eyes only for him. That thought seemed hopeless most nights that he weathered, sleepless thanks to nightmares that plagued him no matter the occasion. But if a dragon chose him he would be able to do something about those dreams, he'd be able to fight back against the threat that had given them to him in the first place with it's return.

Taking a deep breath, he let out a laugh when he realized that he hadn't even attempted to try extricating himself from beneath Shar, who's energy was so infectious that it was driving away the darkness that had been pulling at him and he really needed to thank her for that, because it was starting to feel impossible. Without warning Mint landed on Shar's back and nosed at her ear as she had Riz's own just moments before. People were walking around them, some chuckling and others looking confused but as far as he was concerned they were the only two(three if he counted Mint) that mattered at all at that moment. "Has this happened ever since you've been here?!"

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:41 am
Shar grabbed the font of Riz's shirt to hang on to as she pressed him into the ground, her heart beating wildly with adrenaline. This was so exciting! How could she not be a little over the top? Later on she'd probably look back on this and roll her eyes at herself for losing control but in the moment she had to share the joy and excitement with her friend.

"Yes! No! I have no idea if they'll clutch at the same time or if they'll lay their eggs on the same sands! There's so many things that could happen! Either way there's going to be lots of eggs in a short period of time and there's going to be so many!" She shifted her grip on Rizdax's shirt to his face, a hand on either side of his cheeks to hold him still as she stared down at him, amber eyes boring into his golden ones.

"This. Has never. Happened. To me." She said in a serious yet excited tone. "Do you know how crazy it's going to be if they both lay at the same time? What if they don't want to share the same sands? We'll be running around like...like...I don't even know!" She sat up, straddling Riz's chest as she threw her arms up in the air. It was then that she felt the little nudge from the green firelizard and it startled her enough to whip around, ready to shout at whoever was interrupting her excited freak-out with Riz. But it was only Mint and she relaxed, reaching up to scratch the little lizard under her chin.

"Rizdax, I don't know what it is about you, but you're making all the strange things happen here," she said, glancing back down at the other Candidate with an amused expression. "I don't know if I should thank you for that or shake you until your face turns red. Either way, think about how many new dragons and riders there will be! Thread isn't going to stand a chance!"

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 am
Back pressed tighter into the ground as she leaned into him heavily, eyes blinking as her eyes bore down into his, Riz let a crooked grin cross over his face at her energy. It was infectious, it was burning away the darkness and her hands on both sides of his face pulled him even further out of it for the time being. Having her this close to him, straddled on top of him with his face in her hands brought a heavy flush to his face that he couldn't hide away given the proximity.

Did he want to though? This was a new side of Shar that Rizdax was seeing and he really liked the energy and the excitement, it mirrored the way he'd been feeling about what had been going on. While he had certainly tried to scrape the first layer of his skin off with both gold flights it had left him wanting to know what was going to happen even as his exhaustion and nightmares only increased. At least Mint had been helping each night when she didn't simply disappear to places unknown.

As he thought of her the little green chirruped on Shar's back and shuffled quickly to her shoulder, nuzzling at the girl's ear once more in response to the scratches. Riz simply shook his head and held out a hand for the lizard who ignored it even after he put it square on Shar's shoulder to try and draw her over.

"I've never even touched an egg before so I can't even begin to understand how two golds might actually share the sands or if we'll have to run from one set of sands to the next?! How could we even manage that, are there two sands in High Reaches that could accomodate that? Maybe the Western Candidates will stand for one and us at the other." There were lots of possibilities and as he'd never once stood on the sands at an actual Weyr, Riz didn't exactly know what to expect but he was ready for anything that might come his way. How could he not!

Holding back a grunt as Shar shifted up to straddle his skinny chest, Riz let both of his hands fall out to the sides and chuckled. "I don't think it's me making all the odd things happen, but if me being here means that more dragons are born and Thread gets burned out of the sky that much faster then that's just more of a reason for me to stay then! I hope every one of them finds their perfect match out there, there are a lot of candidates just waiting for them!"

Shards, he was waiting for one to pick him. It didn't at all mean that he would meet his out there, there were too many looking that had been looking far long than he had for certain. Shar had been waiting for turns and turns herself and just her excitement left him all but overjoyed in the hopes that she would find her partner. There was a dragon waiting for his best friend, Riz was positive!

"I hope the queens get along well enough to have the eggs be somewhat close together and see how they intermingle. Will they be all in the same weyrling wing? That'd be one huge wing once all of them Impress."

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:04 am
Shar paused in looking down at Riz to observe the fire lizard on her shoulder that didn't want to move. She knew they made great companions for some people but she had never been very interested in having any of her own. She felt like they'd draw her attention away from her studies and getting a dragon of her own, but that didn't mean she despised them. The fact that Rizdax's own lizard was preferring to perch on her shoulder rather than return to him was amusing and she gave the little lizard a wink in return for her 'loyalty' to her shoulder.

"I have no idea," she said with a laugh as she finally pushed herself off Riz, reaching down to help haul him to his feet. "There's only one official spot for the Queen to clutch, but if it happens at the same time I'm sure they'll have a plan." The Sands were quite large so perhaps one on one side and one other other would work if they did overlap, or perhaps a makeshift Sands and Stands would be made for the second Queen. Either way, it was going to be exciting!

"I'm sure they will," she added as Riz voiced his hopes that all the soon-to-be baby dragons would find their riders. There were lots of Candidates to pick from, after all! She had no doubts that everyone would Impress thanks to the vast amount of options.

"That would be a massive wing indeed," she murmured, trying to picture lessons with close to forty junior weyrlings and their dragons. It would be easier in terms of time to have them all together should they hatch close enough, but the logistics would be a nightmare.

"I'm betting on two wings simply because it would be a headache to try to keep that many pupils focused at once, but maybe they'll all train together. I suppose it depends on how many eggs are laid and how many of each color hatch. But either way there will be a rainbow of wings filling the skies soon enough!" She grinned at her friend once more before finally letting go of his hands, not at all aware she had been hanging on to them after helping him up. She didn't pay it much mind, either, even if it had been nice to just stand there like that.

"We should go check out the bowl and see if anyone's talking about preparations. I bet you some of the dragons will have some idea as to when the Queens might lay their eggs."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 am
Hauled unceremoniously to his feet, Rizdax kept himself from stumbling and falling over again just thanks completely to how Shar was holding onto both of his hands, though his legs did shake a bit trying to hold him up after being on the stone floor for so long. Maybe he would have to reach out and find someone to talk to about that and the lack of sleep that he was getting every night. For now though there was too much adrenaline hammering through his veins at the thought of all those baby dragons flying in the air all at once, it painted a wonderful picture in his head. "Do you think they've ever had two clutches before at High Reaches? I mean two at the same time like this? Surely in all the turns there's had to be at least once, but studies say it could be because of the return of Thread, which sucks but I'm glad to have all these dragons if that's the take away." It was a cheesy grin he cast at her, huge on his face so that it almost made his eyes dance even if they were bloodshot. "That would mean hauling in some sand from the beaches and finding a way to warm it up maybe? Or maybe moving one to the beach or... no, that'd put them too far away to run from sands to sands. I'm sure they've found something to do before this, if it's ever happened."

Still, to have this happen and Shar didn't ever experience it before or see anything like it, that would explain her excitement but it filled him with a little bit of worry for how it was all going to be handled. Surely High Reaches could do it, they were the best Weyr around after all, he'd not doubt that they would come up with the best solution for it all.

"Well soon enough you'll be flying in that massive wing! Or smaller wing, either one of them, there has to be a dragon out there on those sands for you! You can get a feel for them with the eggs right? The way that they move and can tell you certain things?" Riz had been taught that much even if he'd never experienced one, that they let candidates touch the eggs so that it cut down on maulings and deaths and got them a chance to get to know the new hatchlings and they in turn the candidates. It seemed foolproof enough but he'd heard of nightmares that had happened and of the last clutch at Western Weyr where they'd lost a life thanks to the foolishness of some that had touched the eggs. It had been drilled into his head by master Gr'del that everything about that had been wrong, just so glad even that he had his knot back to stand at this particular hatching. "I can't wait to see what sorts of dragons come from two different queens at once, if they'll have different overall personalities like the last one and the stories I've been told about Western's last clutch. If they're so different maybe they'll switch them into wings based on what clutch they came from and train them separately? It wouldn't make much sense to put them in wings based on their personalities after all."

So many chances to see what might happen, so many thoughts running through his head that he barely noticed her let go of his hands other than that they were suddenly cold once more. After the first and so far last time he'd hugged her out of the blue Riz had been careful to not just reach out like that anymore lest he surprise her, but today the surprise had been on him and Mint was still filling his mind with somewhat smug images and feelings. "A dragon might be able to tell us that? Maybe the Weyrleader's bronze or Master Gr'del's dragon but do you think they'd really know what they're planning on?" It didn't even occur to him that they might actually talk, especially since one of the two queens was from out of the Weyr.

At those words his little green fire lizard chose to hop over from Shar's shoulder to his and n** at his ear, an image of an odd looking hive in his mind, but all he could do was swat at her since Riz knew that simply couldn't be right either, dragons were fire lizards.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:01 am
Rizdax's question made Shar pause for a moment, wracking her brain for any lessons in history class that mentioned two hatchings at once. There were a few that she could recall but they had been all over the place and way, way back before Thread had stopped falling for a time.

"Maybe once or twice, I remember reading about it happening centuries ago. Probably was more common when Thread was falling all the time and Queens were looked to for eggs more often. But still, it hasn't happened in a long time." Not in anyone's living memory that was here today, she was sure! What she couldn't recall was how they had gone about having two clutches on the sands at once. It would be a tight squeeze if they had to put them all on the Sands, that was for certain.

She rolled her eyes but was still grinning at Riz as he suggested her dragon would be among the two clutches. It was possible, of course, it was always possible, but so long as each dragon found their match she'd be content. Hers would come along sooner or later and to get her hopes up every time was something she tried not to do too much. She'd been Standing for a few years now and was used to the hype and then the disappointment so her mood didn't swing too much anymore.

"Something like that. Touching the eggs is a lot of fun but you have to make sure you do it properly so you don't have an angry mother breathing down your neck. Only now there'll be two so once the Queens lay their eggs, you'd better be on your best behavior around them!" She poked his chest lightly, knowing how awed and yet terrified Riz had been on the beaches of the island.

"They'll talk back to you. Sometimes they're nice, sometimes their rude, sometimes they don't say anything at all and just enjoy your company. But no matter what they do you have to remain positive and light-hearted. Any negative emotions will definitely affect them." She motioned for him to walk with her as Mint jumped from her shoulder back to his. Once they were moving again she continued to speak, her hands moving animatedly as she did so.

"They'll probably keep them in wings based on their clutch, but wouldn't it be interesting to see just how alike or different they are? The last clutch on the island was quite mild-mannered which is fine...deaths aren't something we want, after all. But I prefer a bit of spunk to a clutch," she said with a grin once more. "And they might! The hard part would be finding one with a rider who would let us in on the secret as well."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:15 am
Centuries definitely seemed accurate then, not that he'd learned very much about it before coming to the Weyr, but given how long threadfall had been gone before it came back... Just as the very edge of his exhaustion drug his mind into darker thoughts, Mint squawked and bit at his ear hard, forcing him to shake free of her teeth with a yelp even if there was no anger in the response. "Look here you little thing, I wasn't thinking anything bad." he whispered at her under his breath, even though he knew she had drug him from thinking about Telgar and falling down that far. She was beginning to pick up on his emotions much quicker.

"Well with two gold mothers it'll be much better not to have them both staring down at you with angry eyes. I can't imagine how unnerving that's gonna be but I don't plan on doing anything out of line after just getting back my knot so no worries there at all." Not to mention Rizdax was just entirely too exhausted to really act up much, but at least Mint had been sleeping with him each night so that he got just a bit more. With a grin he kept an eye on how excited Shar was, how actively she was talking and waving her hands about as they walked towards the bowl in the interest of finding a dragon. So this was what it was like to see her excited, she'd been excited about the tea clutch of course but this was entirely different and it could be that it was because the clutches were happening together and then also at High Reaches and not on a random island in the south.

Should be interesting to see how excited she stayed and what she was going to be like the day that the eggs began to crack. "I think we can find someone in particular, I know there are a lot of dragons in the bowl, maybe a weyrling from the most recent clutch?" Riz refused to go and talk to that one in particular since what had happened but there were many others. "Let's go see what we can find!"

With a shuddery breath that he didn't feel entirely right with, he took off and ran out towards the bowl and towards finding a dragon that might let them know about Shar's future... maybe his future? Surely there was a dragon that knew after all! As he took off running with his bag held tight, Mint hopped up and flew spritely between the two of them with loud and singing chirps to try and encourage them.

SilverLutz
We're gonna call that one finished just because... well dergs were had. XD Fin~

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items