Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[PRP] Avoidance at its finest (Ata/Aithne)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:33 pm
Oh, look who decided to return to work today. Ata thought bitterly to himself as he saw the blonde hair lion on the training fields, early in the morning. He was growing accustomed to doing what the Monarch Claw should have been doing, but now that the male was back, Atama knew he needed to drop it, and focus back on his normal Claw duties.

He'd have to approach Ebbe soon, to find out what he wanted him to do for the day, but for now, Ata would focus on the pride members, answer any questions they may have, and actively stay away from the orange vizier.

He rolled his eyes, as he headed in the opposite direction of the Claw. Surely there was someone else he could mingle with to distract him?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:26 pm
The red male was not the only one that had noticed Ebbe returning to his dutes and as he stalked onto the field with a bigger chip on his shoulder than usual (was she imaging that?) it was hard for Aithne to hide her annoyance with him. He had her poor friend completely up in arms and for someone so weak as she was, it was positively unfair! Delphi kept trying to make excuses for his temperament but Aithne knew that if she did not excuse herself from the training fields she was going to find herself with a little too much to say to the Queen's Claw.

As she turned on her heel she noticed, interestingly, another red Outlander whose nose was all but turned up in disgust. She paused as she tried to recall if she had ever met him or heard of him - he was a Claw, she thought. Only one of two the pride currently boasted.

So, what reason did he have to be annoyed with his superior? Color her interested. She stepped quickly into pace and made to intercept his path at an angle, unafraid of such a bold intrusion. There was no such thing as shame in her vocabulary.

"You. Claw." Respect was really not her forte, either, but she did lower her voice as she next spoke. "Who are you to the orange one?"

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm
Felyn

Atama's eyes narrowed as a large red lioness approached him. Aithne, recently unbranded, but beat her duel to rise in ranks. His mind told him until the large lioness was face to face with him. He looked her over. Nice size, muscle. Good addition to the Shields.

He grunted at her greeting. "Shield." He retorted, rolling his eyes, but noticed the shift in tone.

Orange one. Ebbe. He found himself growling at the mention of the Monarch's Claw. That b*****d that took everything from him, and left him to be a subordinate! He saw red as his eyes narrowed and his lip raised.

"What's it to you?" He growled, standing tall. "I am a Claw to the pride. I must answer to him, but I'd rather do things a bit...differently than he does." His eyes rolled, an unsightly gesture for someone of his rank. He should have more respect for his superiors, and probably would if it was anyone but Ebbe.

Whatever the Queen saw in him, he never knew.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:57 pm
Well, he hadn't said anything with his words that gave her any clue towards his relationship (or lack there of) with the Queen's Claw but the tone that they carried and the curl of his lip were more than enough to answer her question.

They were something. It was not good.

The Firekin's brows rose slightly above her brilliant red eyes but her stance did not change nor did she flinch from his sudden outburst. There was not much in this world that made her afraid, nor was there any reason at mincing her words. She liked that he was simply angry, too, if she were being honest. Aithne was more than sick of lions that played this game with passive aggression - in fact, it was lot about what drew her to the Outlander's pride above others.

"I was just asking. I wanted to know why someone else seemed less than thrilled about his arrival." Then, with a one-shouldered shrug, she added, "I think he's an a**."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:20 am
Felyn

Ahhh. Atama could like this girl. Another who disliked Ebbe. Perfect.

"He is an a**." Ata sneered. Oh, how he hated that male. "He took everything from me." Well, maybe he was being a bit overdramatic. "You know, I bet you if it wasn't because of the accident with his kids, he wouldn't even be the Monarch's Claw. The Queen probably took pity on the male." It was an unlikely conclusion, but in Ata's mind that was how it was. He didn't take into the fact Ebbe was a skilled fighter and wore the scars to prove it.

And perhaps, the red Claw had spoke too much of the Monarch's Claw past. It wasn't completely known through the pride what happened in Ebbe's past, but for someone like Ata, he knew. The two had practically grown up together in their rivalry.

"Besides. If he is too busy dillydallying playing nurse to his Apprentice, he has no business being in such a high position." Ata finally concluded. "Your opinion of him is very fitting."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm
For the briefest of moments, Aithne had the opportunity to gloat in the presence of someone else that seemed less than pleased by the orange male his friend seemed to have a sudden infatuation with - even if she was in denial. She knew Delphi and she knew there was no reason she would have asked for the apprentice position unless she was trying to impress someone. Maybe her someone was Niruzu but.. she didn't buy that excuse.

"Wait, what?" her gloating moment was shattered as the red Claw mentioned the accident and Ebbe's family. "Do you mean he wasn't so insufferable at some point?"

She had never heard any mention of the Monarch's Claw having a family and she knew that Delphi must have no idea - she would have told the Firekin. She was confident in that. Her bright eyes shot sidelong at the male across the training grounds as he barked gruff orders at a fresh batch of Unbranded lions and then back behind her, to the den she knew Delphi was still recovering in.

"That's.. interesting."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 pm
Felyn

Ata's ears perked at her question.

"Oh, you didn't know?" He smirked, shaking his head. Aithne was no longer an Unbranded, it was for the best she knew some of the history of the pride, right? "Really a shame. He seemed more of a family type lion back then. So unbecoming to what he is now. I was sure one of his kids would have succeeded in becoming a Claw one day." He found himself shrugging, his own eyes glancing at the unbranded quick to listen to Ebbe's order.

"You want a show?" Ata suddenly said. He had seen Delphi and her together at more than one point in time. They had to have been some type of acquaintances. "Have your friend inquire about them one day?" A dark thought. Ebbe would fly off his rocker at anyone bringing up his past, especially from a former unbranded.

Maybe, just maybe, Atama could force the lion out of the position, if his underlying colors truly showed, even if those colors were merely painted on falsely.

To make sure the two red lions were not on his radar, Ata took a stance, ready to duel the female. No fight would break out, but he could certainly question her. "If you were sudden poised for an attack at this angle, what would be your action?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:26 pm
No, she didn't want a show but that didn't mean she wasn't thankful to have been given the information. Delphi had gotten herself hurt because of Ebbe's insistence that everything she did needed to be for the good of the pride and here he was, omitting information from the dark-pelted lioness. If he had failed his family and found his commitment only in his short comings, who was he to demand Delphi give up her life? His mistakes weren't hers!

Not for the first time, Aithne cursed Delphi's split-second decision making. She could have had a normal life, a family, all of it..

The firekin let her eyes drift back to Ata just in time to find him sinking into a battle stance. At least he was committed to his duty and not just to gossiping - it was enough to bring a smirk onto her mug. Typically, she just assumed she could out match anyone but seeing him, bigger and broader than most males in the pride, she didn't question that he might actually know something. She had been here long enough to know that Claws weren't Claws without reason - Outlanders were not in the game of awarding ranks to make people feel better.

"At this angle?" She tilted her head and pushed her paws at the earth, testing it it were more hard rock than clay here. "on this ground? Probably an underpaw swing at your chin. It will let me hold my balance best without giving myself an opening for you to take."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:59 pm
Felyn

Atama nodded, approving her answer. "Indeed, a good option. However, you did not factor in the sun quite yet. From your angle, you might find yourself blinded when moving to attack, and thus, leaving an attack of opportunity from your opponent. You should make your opponent move, so they are at your current angle. Use it to your advantage before attacking." The lion advised. Granted, at this time of day, the sun wasn't in the prime spot, therefore her suggestion would have worked well.

His eyes glanced towards the orange claw, nodding as he noticed Ebbe wasn't focusing on them, but another set of unbranded.

Returning to his normal stance, Ata turned back towards Aithne. "I'd like to see your skills in action. Duel me at sunset tomorrow. Perhaps you can tell me a bit more about this Delphi that has such captivated the Monarch's Claw." And then, Ata could find a way to use that against the said male.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:21 pm
For the breath of a moment, Aithne forgot all mention of her friend and said friend's odd obsession with the surly, orange war chief that was all but married to his work. Instead she shifted and glanced up at the sun, judging its pathway and how much of a hindrance it might be. She was from lands without shade or tree, she was not afraid of fighting in the sun and besides, she thought, it wasn't at its worse at this moment.

She might even win if she made a move against someone expecting her not to.

"Noted," she said as she dropped her eyes, only to find him staring at Ebbe again.

What was the story there and, as her thoughts drifted to an old general of her lands, she wondered how she might use it to her own advantage. After all, Aithne never had any plan to be just another warrior. She could have been that back home. No, she wanted greatness beyond imagine - strength, renown, respect.

"I'll see you at sundown then," there was a ghost of a smile on her face, but what it meant was anyone's guess. She turned away with it still in place.

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas