Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] So much to tell you (K'i-lin/Bast'ion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:53 pm
K'i-lin was happy as a cub. Not only had she finished her first really day of acting as a priestess in training, but she had met a new friend and was going to meet his parents tomorrow! How exciting was that!

Well, it may have been exciting for the young Kirin, but for the other male it probably was a bit lackadaisical. Well, she would make it work! But she needed to tell someone, and what better person to tell than her father! He was so busy with his...what was Yhe to him? a thrall? mate? mother of his children? She didn't really ask nor did she try question the relationship of the adult. Instead, she just took it how it was. She was older enough to go on her own life, and already she had started that path.

"Daaaaadddd." K'i-lin called out as she neared the home den. The famine had hurt a lot of lions in the pride, but the young lioness was learning how to ignore the pains that hit her. "Daaaad you home?" She walked into the den, not waiting for an answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:14 pm
KasaiLoki

Famine had not treated the pride fairly in Bast'ions mind. Hunger felt like burning knifes in his center and what was worse was that his whole family experienced this pain and there was nothing the kirin lion could do to fix this. It felt as if the moment he'd chosen to stay close to the heart of his family everything had gone to s**t. Was he cursed? Probably.

A cheerful voice woke him from his self loathing delusions and he grumpily emerged from one of the family dens to find K'i-lin. Quickly, Bast'ion changed his demeanor to some what of a forced semi positive for her sake. His thin stature padded its way over to her.

"Yes yes I am here." He kept the aches of hunger out of his voice. There was a time not long ago that his statement of being here would have been none existent as he'd found refuge in going out on viking trips but now with Yhe he was doing his best to be better. What ever that meant.

"Is everything okay?" He knew that the answer was a no. Nothing was okay with in the pride these days. But maybe there was some good news. K'i-lin sounded optimistic in her tone.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:24 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Oh good, he was here!

K'i-lin felt as if she hadn't seen her father in ages She had tried to give him his space with his new litter, even if that meant staying away for prolonged periods of time. Seeing him for the first time since likely the famine started caused her to frown. He looked awful. Well, she didn't look the greatest, but she was trying to keep her coat up. Perhaps being around the herbs were helping her?

"Everything is fine! Is...everything okay here?" She asked with a frown. She wanted to make sure all was good on the home front before saying her news. She had a bunch of it.

"I have so much to tell you!" She said with a smile. "The Priestess Datura has accepted me as her apprentice! I know you probably wanted all your children to follow the same path you took as a Reaver but...with everything going on in the pride nowadays I thought it would be best to help from within. So...when I am older I will be a full fledged Priestess! Isn't that great!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:22 pm
KasaiLoki

He didn't have a chance to fully answer her question about how things were going before she shared some very happy news. It was better that he heard her piece before he shared his own dower outlook on the situation with in their family and pride. The good news earned a real smile from Bast'ion.

"Actually..." He started on the bit about path that he took, "You're closer to what I was in youth than you may realize. I once was considered a holy lion. A holy kirin to Zerrin and a whole pride of our own. I turned my back on our practices and that is partly why we ended up here." And possibly why he and his family were paying the price with this famine even now. Bast'ion left that thought out of his bit. "I am very proud to hear you're taking that route and I hope that you have better sense than I did."

He was still trying to find his way back to the light. Every day was a struggle and with the constant hunger pains and worry it was beginning to become a question if he'd made the right choice.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:33 pm
Alpaca Chobi

K'i-lin did not know much about her father's history, so when he spoke, her eyes sparkled with curiosity. She hung on to every word he said. He was considered a holy lion? and a pride of his own? She frowned on the last comment. "Why did you turn your back on the practices?" She asked, her head tilting as she sat before the thinning male.

"It's....got some weird things going for it that's for sure. Like this one herb, Datura wanted me to give to the sick. It smells.....so bad! This poor lion I had met couldn't stomach it. And then, after I was done I went to wash it off, and...Oh!" She said, deciding she needed to tell her father about Gatito too!

"I met this other lion, he's kind of my age, maybe just a tad younger. He helped wash me," coming from his daughter, that probably was an awkward statement, although K'i did not seem to think of it much. "He is going to come over tomorrow, and then take me to meet his parents. He said they were the best Reavers in the pride. I begged to differ." She purred, rising to her paws. "You're the best reaver in the pride." She cooed, rubbing against her father.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 pm
KasaiLoki

The answer was one simple word.

"Betrayal."

And Bast'ion did not seem to want to say more. His tone was not harsh but he was a little more curt than he normally may be with one of his children. Sure, Bast'ion could be a jerk but not to his own flesh and blood if he could help it. He'd perhaps been unintentionally neglectful but that was another matter.

However, there was a frown firmly on his maw hearing that a male lion helped bath his daughter. There wasn't a lot of context to the how or why but , being a father, Bast'ion assumed the worse in males when it came to his daughters. The come over to meet his parents was enough to confirm this might be a little more than a friendship.

"He should meet with me as well.." There was a tone of disapproval hanging over his words. There was nothing he could do when it came to his daughters and their male choices and Bast'ion would be the first to acknowledge he had no right to dictate this, but he felt annoyed none the less. Protective father instincts would be the death of him.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Betrayal.

Oh. That…didn’t sound good. As much as K’i-lin wanted to retort, to ask more, she didn’t. The clipped tone her father used was enough to say ‘We are done with this portion of the conversation.’ The young adolescent respected that, giving her father a nod in understanding, before her ears pinned back on her head.

"Oh…Um. Did you…want to meet him? I mean…you are busy with the twins and all…and Yhe…I didn’t think you had the time." Her frown mimicked his own. She hadn’t expected him to want to meet her new friend so fast. K’i only wanted to meet his parents to prove they were indeed, not the best Reavers in town!

"I mean…I guess you can meet him…He should be coming around early tomorrow. I told him he better not be late." A small smirk replaced the maw. In the small amount of time K’i spent with Gatito, she learned his unusual dislike to water. She could totally use that against him, if anything.

"Would you want me to wake you if he got here and you were still asleep?" She questioned, gazing at her father. "Or…perhaps he can come around another time?" She shrugged at that suggestion. Obviously she thought nothing of hanging around a boy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:34 pm
KasaiLoki

It seemed that Yhe was a very obvious observation around the family. This may have been surprising for Bast'ion but to anyone around him, especially family, it was pretty obvious he was favoring Yhe and his two daughters he'd had with her. The kirin lions ears pinned a bit behind his head in thought for just a moment before popping back up.

"Yeah. I think it would be good to meet him to make sure..." Where was he going with this now. This was clearly not a date. "I... need to prove I am the superior Reaver.." Bast'ion cleared his throat. In his current state he did not look the part as he'd stuck close to the pride to keep close to his new additions to the family. He was thinner and lankier than he'd ever been thanks to the famine.

"He can.. Um.. Come when ever." He was back tracking a little but the need to know who was interacting with his daughters was strong. Already he'd had one of his daughters have cubs as an adolescence so he was untrusting of his daughters as well as a little sexist. He had a ton of adopted sons as well as two biological sons running around the pride in which he did not care what their sexual adventures were or if they produced cubs.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 am
Alpaca Chobi

K'i found herself rolling her violet orbs in her head. "To make sure what, dad? That he's not going to whisk me away from under you?" She giggled, stepping over to her father to headbutt him right under his chin. "You are the superior Reaver. That's why I wanted to see his parents to prove you are the best one in the pride." She purred, nuzzling her father before taking a step away.

"Don't worry. I am sure Gatito will walk me back to the den after I get to meet his parents. At least...I will make him." A devious smirk rose to the priestess-in-training maw. She would make the bony male bend to her will. He'd be wrapped around her paw soon. "And then I will introduce you to him. That way, you can get your sleep in the morning, and not having to worry about waking Yhe or the twins." K'i knew her father favored his newest thrall, and the children he produced with her. She didn't mind though. She was a growing adult, and had already set her own path in life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 am
KasaiLoki

There was a moment of long silence followed by a "Well yeah." Bast'ion grunted as he was nuzzled. His heart couldn't stay hard at such a soft gesture from his daughter.

"..Okay. That is acceptable. " He lifted his head proudly at his daughter and for an instance there was a small moment of understanding. He was thankful for the understanding his children seemed to have for his love of Yhe and her cubs but he hoped that they understood they were special to him too. Letting K'i go and trusting her was the first step at least.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces