Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Snake Talk (Cydonia & Phobos)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Curled up atop a heated rock, Cydonia was contemplating, well, a lot of different things. Life, death, and the nearby pride of lions being on the forefront of it all.

Oh, she'd known they were there for a while, even before she'd set up residence here, but she hadn't given any thought to what was happening to them until now. As a snake, these matters hadn't meant anything to her.

But then that young girl had shown up... and kept showing up just to talk. Cydonia didn't mind. She understood what it felt like to be alone, even when in a crowd, and it seemed like Naani needed a friend. She'd happily be that friend, that person to vent to when things got too rough.

It did make her wonder about the politics of lions though. They were very complicated, she'd discovered, and now she was curious to see it all for herself.

Perhaps she'd ask Naani about it sometime.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 am
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Phobos wasn't thinking nearly as deep of thoughts he was just going and found himself passing under a bush and past a wall. He was small enough that he didn't think it was a big deal. He was small enough that the lions and other creatures normally didn't pay him much mind. He slithered his way to a warm rock which was an important part of the day for his kind. Warm and cold was everything to his kind. The right balance was everything to life and death. Well, that and avoiding birds.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 am
It was as she'd come to that decision, to seek Naani's company, that the sound of rustling finally registered. With a blink, Cydonia tilted her head down and stared at the blue form curled below her rock. Ah, another snake. That was new, most of her kind didn't hang around this spot, which was funny to her. The sun made this rock nice and toasty during the day, and it held its heat below it at night. Oh well, more for her, she supposed.

Her tongue flicked out briefly, and then she muttered a soft, "Hello." Her voice was quiet, barely an octave over a whisper.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 am
MangoMeow

Phobos looked up at the other snake above him at hearing the very soft, hello, he smiled and bobbed his head and waved his tail at her. "Greetings." He said softly there was no sense shouting unless he wanted to introduce them both to the claws of a bird of prey. Which would not be very intelligent. "I am Phobos and who might you be?" He asked his tone steady. He most likely should have been terrified of the world, but he wasn't he lived his life to the fullest it would be fine. Whatever happened would happen and perhaps someday Phobos would be reborn as a bigger creature.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 pm
Cydonia blinked down at him, silent for a moment longer before replying, "Cydonia. Or at least, that's what my parents named me. Names hardly describe the person though." The snake thought about it, "I suppose you could say I'm... a ghost, in that regard then. A watcher."

She tilted her head to the side, observing the male snake with bright green eyes. "That begs to question who you really are. What brings you all the way out here? Most avoid these areas, what with the lions who live nearby."

She hissed curiously, "Are you a traveler? A thrill-seeker? Or simply someone who follows the wind wherever it may take you?"

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 am
MangoMeow

Cydonia he considered her name in his mind and then he looked at her as she had said her name and then called herself a ghost. "Well if you are a ghost then I must be in the land of spirits, ah a watcher a good way to learn a great deal of the world, perhaps you will share your knowledge with me?" Phobos looked around the area "Well with the border being so easy to pass through for someone of my size I didn't really think about where I was. But I am a traveler I avoid the birds and go where I wish to go. Perhaps at times, I seek a thrill or two what good is life if you never seek any thrills?" He nodded his head "Yeeeesss I do go where the wind takes me." He looked at her and moved a little closer looking towards her spot. Enjoying the warm stone. "What else is there to you Cydonia? Surely there is more than watcher and ghost."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm
She gave a soft chuckle, "Yes, this place could very well be a land of spirits. Those who live here certainly believe so." The dead held a special place among these lands, though as a snake, she never really delved too deeply in any of that lore.

Cydonia tapped the tip of her tail against her chin, "I suppose I'm a peace-maker as well. I spend much of my time watching, observing, and give advise to the best of my abilities." She paused, "Though, it's mostly to those who know me. Sometimes the watchers in the dark are the ones who see the most."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:00 pm
MangoMeow

Phobos smiled and then nodded "Lions are curious creatures land of the dead, worshiping the dead. Certainly must be an interesting thing to watch." He said nodded "Well I'm glad that I met you Cydonia you are a charming snake to have met." He chuckled at his foolish joke. Hoping she wouldn't mind his strange sense of humor. "I keep mostly to myself so as long as I keep myself peaceful I don't need a peacekeeper." He chuckled again "Though to call you a friend would be nice." He hissed softly.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 am
The light colored snake debated it for a second, and then nodded. "I wouldn't mind calling you a friend. I don't have many," read: any, "snake friends." It would be nice to know someone like her for a change. Thought she liked her silence, sometimes you needed to communicate with others.

Cydonia gave a hiss, raising her head up, "If you'd like, I can show you to some hiding spots near that pride. Then you can keep hidden while being able to watch." Her forked tongue flicked out, "They're all rather on edge at the moment, so best to keep hidden from them for the time being."

She shrugged, or as much as a snake could shrug, "But not right now. Right now this rock is nice and warm, and it would be a shame to miss out on that." It was said with a content hiss as she closed her eyes to enjoy the heat.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 am
MangoMeow

Phobos smiled that she had chosen to be his friend he didn't have any friends at all so far and he saw no reason not to stay in this area to call it his home and be friends with Cydonia. "Thank you." He laid himself down to enjoy the warmth of the stone as well. Friendship wasn't always about talking sometimes being silent together just knowing that they were there was what mattered the most.

(Fin?)  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers