The atmosphere was a rtather lovely sunny day. There were no clouds and it was a good day to sun dry some hides for later use, and so the kojin, Yangu, was out, doing just that with some particularly attractive pelts she'd recently gathered while hunting, peltys she considered options with -- to give for the shrines or merchants and crafters? To donate to the royal house for the sister of the king's impending cubs, or, perhaps, donate them to a samurai. Really, the options seemed endless, and Yangu was all but dancing as she walked, oblivious to her surroundings until a soft voice coughed, clearing itself.

Hien was still adjusting to just how small Doma had become. Families were wiped out by disease, and lifes were broken, and still, old stayed, and new came, following his sister, and eventually.. Well, he only hoped the tribal rogues came. For now, Hien knew he had to attend his pride, to see to nurturing growth. Part of that mreant seeing to the people, and for some of that he needed talents and skill...

Like those of a kojin. Hien moved to the remaining kojin's workspace silently enough, and peered at Yangu working her paws diligently, the male's ears flicking as he watched her, before slowly, softly clearing his throat, and Yangu was knmocked from her work reverie, the lioness turning.

Yangu was of the older lines, a proud, diuverse family now small in number -- while most of her kin's fate was unknown, Hien knew well enough to approach the female without trying to startle her too much, and Yangu turned, smirking.

"You startled me, Lord Hien." The female said, calmly. Hien smirked, and shrugged.

"Did I? Well I suppose if I didn't I should worry more for yourhearing, old friend." Hien responded, and chuckled, Yangu grinning as she paused, facing her king slowly as he beamed to her, settling.

"SDtill a snark, Hien. And a sight smarter than you used to be with it too. What brings you by?" Yangu laughhed, giving the king a good-natured look as he nodded, smiling back.

"I wanted to check on you. Make certain you are alright." Gien explained. "I know things can't be easy my friend, before or after the festival."

Yangu sighed, then, closing her eyes as she motioned slowly.

"You'd be right, if you're cutting to the quick. There was... A lot left undone wuen you left. The pride lost many. Some took your departure as a sign to flee. Others chose to face death, heads held hjigh as the end came. Yiour father..."

Yangu trailed off, aqnd shut her eyes, looking away, and Hien rteleased a bated breath. It was best to let the kojin speak hr mind, first, and listen. If he knew Yangu as well as he thought, he knew she needed to talk, and hadn't done much beyond nbreifing his sister.

"Well, I didn't leave the territory. I was ill, but I lived. Lord Kaien.... He was at mother's side after the queen passed. And you know father was one of the first to pass. I am grateful to Lord Kaien, though. He stayed by mother and left us with her so she did not depart alone." Yangu sighed then, closing her eyes as Hien moved over, pret3ense forgotten as he nosed his old friend slowly.

"I see." Hien said, voice soft. "Is that why you chose to become a Kojin, and not a Samurai?" The male asked in a soft voice. Yangu nodded, sighing softly.

"Lord Kaien tred to help everyone. Even me. But he didn't forget his friendship with mother nor his duties. Still I can't help wondering; what if he had lived? What if he had not followed mother to Yomi? And what if mother also lived? We both know why our parents were grooming my brothers." Yangu rolled her eyes, Hien laughing.

"Yes, so does Lifa. Because Grandfather didn't allow father to mate to your mother because she began as an entertainer, not a noible."

"Yet mother mated a samurai. Sometimes I wonder if it is because of the olden years, when that traitor lived... I worry I'm judged for her actions too. If I've family out there I've yet to meet. Then I remember... Probably." Yangu rolled her eyes again. "But only Gosetsu knew for sure, am I right?"

Hien laughed, nodding.

"That old man knew much and more than any of us, and a** I recall he has taken to roaming the roguelands seeking his redemption from that time. No, Yangu, I think that temptress is well in both of our pasts." The male noted, then put a paw on Yangu's shoulder. "Still, what matters now is that you remain and I trust you, old friend. I just worry about you doing your duty alone. What if you were to have cubs? Who would help you?"

"Nobody. I'll just figure out some tricks." Yangu laughed, and motioned a paw calmly. "I'm not helpless anymore, either, old friend. I survived the plague, and I will continue to live. What needs focus is the future, not pain in the past. The pride needs unity, not memories threatening us. Gods willing, we may even grow larger than we once were. It is a hope, anyhow." The lioness smiled, Hien nodding as he grinned.

"That is so, my friend. So tell me, if you are our only kojin, how do you plan to find more?"

"I will seek the willing and train them as best I can. Maybe swat the more rebellious ones in the bottom, if I need to."

Yangu's reply came fast, wiuth a smirk on the female's face as she plucked a blade of grass and examined it patiently before looking to Hien, a sly twinkle in her eye. "And if that doesn't work, I'll put the fear of the gods into them, and see how it goes."

Hien laughed again, beaming as he felt a weight lift from his chest.

"Just so, just so! You sound like you have plans well in paw, Yangu. I'm glad."

"And you're beginning to sound like Gosetsu, you brat." Yangu ribbed the king in amusement, pawing at him as he feigned indignance, and the lioness laughed again, bowing her head.

"But truly, where DID you do during the plague?"

Silence, for a moment, before Hien breathed.

"Actually, I found rogues. Scattered tribes of rogues loosely connected. I.. May have needed their care for the plague, and invited them to come here after I mended. I may actually need your advice, my friend." And to that, Hien sighed.

"You see, I met a female cheetah I intend to make my queen."

Silence, and Yangu's ears pinned in thought. Cheetahs meant mixed-babies... And those meant chiuldren without a hope of continuing the royal tree. Yangu was thoughtful a while before she looked to Hien and sighed, eyes closing.

"Well, you'll want to find a mother to a litter not born of this future queen then, I'd think." Yangu responded, thoughtful. Slow. "Then treat them as the quen's children as well. The only different is who gave birth. Be honest with the mother that she is not queen, but explain you do it for Doma. Let her love her children, and be open and honest... It's my best suggestion." Yangu shrugged, and Hien nodded, bowing politely. Yangu returned the gesture, Hien nodding.

"I may see to that, my friend. Though, tell me, how are you so wise yet unclaimed anyhow?" Hien looked worried, and Yangu smiled.

"Simple. No male has kept up with me yet nor saught the wife in a stubborn git." She winked, and Hien smiled, laughing before one paw moved in a hug, the king holding Yangu a mere moment before he styepped back.

"I should leave you to work, then." Hien said, amused. "Perhaps put thought into your words."

"You do that." Yangu motioned. "Just don't be dumb."

Hien laughed, and turned, moving to leave the kojin's areas as siulently as he had come, and Yangu nodded, smiling before turning back to her pelts, and huimmed.

It was always nice viasiting with an old friend.