Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:35 am
User Image

This is a contest for original pride members of Anvesana Caritra.

Rules:

• Do not discourage anyone from entering. Anyone is allowed to enter for these SoAs no matter how many SoAs you have
    • Do not use a mule account.
    • Read up on the pride and make sure your prompts fit.
    • All characters from this event must stay in the pride unless it disbands.
    • You can try for as many characters are you like, however you may only win one from this event.

Starts: Now!
Ends: July 7th @ 11pm pst

If you have any questions pm Fairy Snails or Seaki  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 am
And here are the prizes!

Lioness #1
User Image

Lioness #2
User Image

Lioness #3
User Image

Lion#1
User Image

Lion#2
User Image

Lion#3
User Image

List of Entries

Lioness #1: Citanul Lunatic (pg.1), Midnightglow18 (pg.1), Ctrl F Greenie (pg.1),
Lioness #2: nessiaing (pg.1), Midnightglow18 (pg.1),
Lioness #3: Felyn (pg.1),

Lion #1: AstoriaFallen (pg.1),
Lion #2: Midnightglow18 (pg.1),
Lion #3: Citanul Lunatic (pg.1), SilverLutz (pg.1), Midnightglow18 (pg.1),  

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:41 am
To win one of these SoAs, you just need to pick a prompt and fill the form below!

[color=indigo][b]This is my story~[/b][/color]
[b]Your Name: [/b]
[b]Which character are you entering for:[/b]
[b]Character’s Name:[/b] (and meaning if you want to include it)
[b]Desired Rank: [/b](if applying for a limited position please provide a backup)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (include which prompt you are responding to)

Prompts:

Prompt 1
Both the current Nayaka and Ksana have been out of the public eye. This is unlike the Nayaka and Ksana before them who have been open and out going with the pride. Do you believe that the leaders should be more public figures or is it better that they are kept hidden and safe?

Prompt 2
Names in Anvesana Caritra can hold great significance. Original pride members typically have names of deceased pride member or characters from stories the pride passes down.

Where does your name come from? What significance does it have? Do you like your name?

Prompt 3
Growing up did you know what rank you wanted? Or did it change as you got older?

Prompt 4
What are your thoughts on non-lions being apart of the pride? Do you feel like they have a place in Anvesana Caritra which was once a lion only pride?

Prompt 5
You can mix and match any of the above or create your own prompt! If you create your own prompt let us know what it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:03 pm
This contest is now open! heart  

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:16 pm
This is my story~
Your Name: nessiaing
Which character are you entering for: Lioness #2
Character’s Name: Muigaji - sculptor in Swahili
Desired Rank: Lead Stoneworker (Stoneworker back-up)
Prompt Response: Prompt choice 2/3 hybrid

Muigaji hasn't just wanted to be a stoneworker since she was a cub she has known that she was meant to be the Lead Stoneworker of the pride. After all she was named Muigaji for a reason, her name means sculptor after all. Not to mention she came from a family of stoneworkers, all who were lost in the attacks that tore her home apart.

Muigaji has a great deal of pride in her name, not only because of its meaning but because it has been passed down to her from her great great grandma, an amazing stoneworker. Muigaji loves walking through the pride and seeing the work that comes from different members of her family including her great great grandma. Muigaji has a very high level of pride for her home and her position.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:45 pm
This is my story~
Your Name: Citanul Lunatic
Which character are you entering for: Lioness #1
Character’s Name: Ankita / 'Marked'
Desired Rank: Scribe (with aspirations to be Lead Scribe)
Prompt Response: Prompt #2

Ankita had always known she had a special name. Born with the beautiful white markings on her coat that looked of ancient languages, her parents knew she would have an affinity for words. This manifested in a love of writing, eagerly copying the stories of the pride into the stone tablets and organizing them. She aspires to become the Lead Scribe, dutifully doing all it takes to prove her worth to the Pride.

This is my story~
Your Name: Citanul Lunatic
Which character are you entering for: Lion #3
Character’s Name: Dovev / 'Whisper'
Desired Rank: Seeker
Prompt Response: Prompt #3

An unusually quiet cub, Dovev was always driven to learn. He absorbed and repeated information with great skill, leading to his training in becoming a Seeker. While most Seekers seemed to revel in their new surroundings and learning of the other Prides first hand, Dovev took a different approach. Blending with the shadows, of course learning and relaying information, but without direct interaction. It seemed safer, knowing of the stories of their Pride's downfall and the great move that brought them to where they were now.  

Citanul Lunatic

Devout Lunatic

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:08 pm
This is my story~
Your Name: SilverLutz
Which character are you entering for: Lion #3
Character’s Name: Amon - the hidden one
Desired Rank: Rahasya - Head Guard or Guard as backup
Prompt Response: Prompt 1/2/4 hybrid

Amon peered over the landscape with narrowed eyes, squinting against the bright sun that reflected off the sand. In the distance two leopards were walking together and speaking, completely unaware of the eyes that followed them. Beige lips drew back in a sneer as the lion watched the smaller felines reach their goal of a shaded oasis to take a drink and get some rest from the relentless sun. Pitiful, he thought to himself, before turning continue on his way.

Kelos and Mzia had been taking care to stay out of the public eye and Amon couldn't have been happier about it. It made his job easier for one, and although the pride had been accepting of other feline species to join, he just couldn't trust them. No one could blame him, really, as he was named for one of the oldest lions in the pride from generations gone by, back before the attacks that had nearly wiped out the group as a whole. His namesake had been a talented Guard who had died at the paws of a leopard, one who had been sent to begin the dismantling of the Anvesana Caritra. Having all these leopards around made him uneasy and knowing that Kelos and Mzia were keeping to themselves helped to ease that ache.

Tossing a glance over his shoulder to ensure the leopards were still where he had last seen them, Amon shouldered his way through a bit of desert scrub brush to access his hidden den, hiding away from prying eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm
This is my story~
Your Name: Felyn
Which character are you entering for: Lioness #3
Character’s Name: Emygdi (Taken from Emygdius, a german saint who provides protection from Earthquakes)
Desired Rank: Rahasya or Guard
Prompt Response: (Prompt #2)

Earthquakes.

They were violent and they had marked history with a finely cut pawprint, leaving disaster and tragedy in their wake. Did a God cause them? Were they punishment? Some questions even in the Anvesana did not know the answers to.

As Emygdi stared down at her reflection peering up at her, she found herself reflecting yet again on her namesake: in days not long past, an old lion named Emygdius had proven himself a hero to a pride long gone. The center of a jungle was a dangerous place to be when the earth shook but no one could have known. All of the trees had begun to collapse, caving in upon the members that took shelter among them, blocking pathways and pinning lion and preybeast alike. Selflessly, he dove into the thick of their pride as he heard the females screaming, even though he knew he had always been unwelcome among their kind before. He found a path into the heart and lead lion after lion after lion free of the jungle that had become their own personal trap.

Only, as he brought up the rear, something happened. No one knew where he had gone or what befell him, they only remembered his name: Emygdius.

A spattered paw reached out to touch the streaks of earth colors that dotted her reflection, as contrasted as the upturned earth itself. He might not have lived on but his story did, told from the mouths of the lionesses as they scattered to the winds and found new, safer homes to settle their roots.

Emygdi, his unknown namesake, meant to carry on his name for him with as much honor as he had given it himself.

She would protect her pride.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 pm
This is my story~
Your Name: AstoriaFallen
Which character are you entering for: Lion 1
Character’s Name: Pinja (stone pine) pronounce Peen-yah
Desired Rank: Lead Stoneworker
Prompt Response:
Prompt 1
Both the current Nayaka and Ksana have been out of the public eye. This is unlike the Nayaka and Ksana before them who have been open and out going with the pride. Do you believe that the leaders should be more public figures or is it better that they are kept hidden and safe?

Giving a small scowl he swatted at a nearby leaf. Where were their leaders? Why hadn't they been seen recently? Was something going on? Did they just not want to be around the rest of the pride?

Thoughts raced through the lions head as he thought about what it could be that was keeping the Nayaka and Ksana from public eye. It could just be the influx of new members? Perhaps they didn't think it safe? But then why have them join if you weren't going to be around to greet them??

Truly he felt as though they should be a public figure, maybe not all the time, but more frequently than they were now. It was nice to see them and know that they were there, like the rest of them, trying their best to preserve their culture.

Perhaps he was just overthinking things.

Still, who wanted to follow a ghost?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:58 am
This is my story~
Your Name: Midnightglow18
Which character are you entering for: Lion 3
Character’s Name: Tariku (history, story)
Desired Rank: Teacher
Prompt Response: Prompt 2

Tariku doesn't mind his name, he knows it means history, story and he is proud of that even though it doesn't describe any one story. The name he was given was what helped him decide to become a teacher to teach the cubs of the pride the stories of their people. To help the next generation find their story. Which is something he is very proud of and in doing so a chance to write his own story in the process.

This is my story~
Which character are you entering for: Lioness 2
Character’s Name: Mujaji (rain goddess)
Desired Rank: Seeker
Prompt Response: Promt 3

Mujaji didn't know what she wanted to be as a cub, she wanted to learn as much as she could. So she thought being a teacher would give her that and she tried training with the head teacher but it just didn't sing to her heart. She then tried stoneworking which she was really bad at and she ended up destroying a few things in her attempts to find her place. She went through just about every rank in the pride before she joined the seekers. She is still getting her paws steady in the ground as a seeker.

This is my story~
Which character are you entering for: Lioness 1
Character’s Name: Aella (Means "whirlwind" in Greek. In Greek myth this was the name of an Amazon warrior killed by Herakles during his quest for Hippolyta's girdle.)
Desired Rank: Head Recruiter or Recruiter
Prompt Response: Prompt 2

Aella is proud of her name, she feels like she is of Amazon blood and she is confident she can find new blood for the pride. To bring strength and honor to the pride. She isn't afraid that her name is of someone who died. Since if she dies she knows she will be reborn again to another walk of life.

This is my story~
Which character are you entering for: Lion 2
Character’s Name: Amon (From Αμμων (Ammon), the Greek form of Egyptian Ymn (reconstructed as Yamanu) which meant "the hidden one". In early Egyptian mythology he was a god of the air, creativity and fertility, who was particularly revered in Thebes. Later, during the Middle Kingdom, his attributes were combined with those of the god Ra and he was worshipped as the supreme solar deity Amon-Ra.)
Desired Rank: Rahasya or Guard
Prompt Response: Prompt 1 and prompt 2

Amon has no issue with the leader being hidden away if it is for the best for the pride. He does everything for the pride and his job his a very quiet one which works out well for him. He protects the pride alongside the other rakshasa. He was born was the position his name meaning the hidden one god of air he feels fits him perfectly. He isn't so sure about the fertility part of his name meaning since he isn't sure about ever having cubs. He has a duty to the pride. Protecting the leaders, finding a new leader if the time ever comes. When would he ever have time to find a mate and have cubs??  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:08 pm
This is my story~
Your Name: *Greenie
Which character are you entering for: Lioness # 1
Character’s Name: Kuvumilia - "endure"
Desired Rank: Rahasya (Back up: Guard)
Prompt Response: Prompt # 1 / Prompt # 2 (Mixing!)

"Kuvumilia."

A voice spoken sternly echoed in her mind like a dream as she closed her eyes against a gentle breeze. Her name, which was hers, but borrowed had been spoken in this same way a number of times and so she knew what was coming - a lecture. Even many moons following the evenings of lectures about this or that behavior made her sigh, even roll purple eyes to the sky before peering at whichever parent or role model was speaking.

"I won't do it again." The now grown lioness, seated by herself amongst some trees, said out loud for no one in particular to hear. Then she was a rebel, seeking out stories where she shouldn't be, avoiding the one task set upon her - train. Her borrowed name, an honor bestowed upon her, came from that of her great grandfather. He had been among the elite rank, Rahasya, and so she had sought to do the same.

Now the lecturing tones were replaced with whispers of pride. There were also questions...

Kuvumilia hadn't been alone the entirety of her visit with these particular trees. Her walk to solidarity had been with company, a fellow member that had a question - where had their leaders gone? Lia had sighed softly, rolled her shoulders, and chose to look them squarely in the eye for a brief second before looking ahead.

"Nayaka Kelos, and Ksana Mzia are making perfectly reasonable choices." Truth be told their desire to be hidden away made Lia's job that much simpler. "Why be in the face of their people all of the time? They protect our prides history.. much like the rest of us do." Of course they had more to protect, that was no secret. Her company wasn't dissuaded so easily and peppered her with another couple of questions that she had been fully prepared for - this wasn't her first rodeo.

"If you were responsible for the pride, it's history, and the stories we cherish.. would you put yourself into the public eye to be peppered with questions similar to what you are doing to me now?" Her ears pinned back slightly as she defended her leaders choices. Should they choose to step into the public eye more often, then she would easily swap her views to match theirs. Lia narrowed her purple eyes at her company. "Go on, you surely can't be after anymore information. You know I won't go into anymore details anyhow." She paused in her step, and waited for their reaction. Fortunately it was to politely thank her and then scamper off.. for now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 am
Seaki and I have gone over it and we have our decisions! I am going to post who got what along with what rank! If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm. Also I am the colorist for all of these. 3nodding

Ctrl F Greenie

nessiaing

Felyn
Rank: Guard (but we would like to offer you head guard if you are interested in it) User Image

AstoriaFallen
Rank: Stoneworker (you did not post a back up so if you want a different non- limited rank let me know) User Image

Midnightglow18

SilverLutz

Citanul Lunatic
Citanul Lunatic I did not want to leave you out so I colored an extra prize if you would like her! I just need a name and rank from you 3nodding
User Image

Thank you everyone for participating! You made it a tough decision. I will be posting a start to a small meta later this week so keep your eyes out for it heart  

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:14 pm
Yaaaaay thank you guys ;w;  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:25 pm
Fairy Snails

Oh gosh, thank you so much! I love her!

I think I'm going to go with the story I wrote for the other lioness for her, it still fits!

Name: Ankita

Do I post her for certing or will you?  

Citanul Lunatic

Devout Lunatic

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Citanul Lunatic
Fairy Snails

Oh gosh, thank you so much! I love her!

I think I'm going to go with the story I wrote for the other lioness for her, it still fits!

Name: Ankita

Do I post her for certing or will you?

Sounds good! 4laugh And you will post for certing  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas