[PRP] a joke (Ebbe/Chau)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:25 pm
It wasn't that Ebbe didn't enjoy other's company, he just had a difficult way of showing it. Well. He had no way of showing it. The male would normally carry a frown or grimace on his maw, as he appeared lost in thought half the time. Only when his Queen spoke did his attention focus, or when he was discussing particular military techniques with the Claws.

Free time was a luxury for the Monarch's Claw. He rarely partook in such an action. Having an apprentice, he saw a smidge more of it. Ebbe was practically married to his work however, even with nothing on his agenda, he still could be caught in his normal routine, inspecting the termite mounds, watching the training (even if afar), or, his favorite, enjoying a duel himself. The pride had settled to the point where the Unbranded were becoming rank members, and he was sure there was no longer a tarnished floating around.

Ebbe shook his head, his slicked back mane had accumulated enough of the red dirt from the land to start staining it. He'd need to wash it soon. With a grunt, the lion rose to his feet, the setting sun bringing a coolness to the land.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:14 am
KasaiLoki

User ImageNo. There was no longer a Tarnished roaming the lands. It was a fact that Chausika was probably more pleased about than most. The dark lioness would not claim to be particularly lucky, a fact her black pelt echoed, however, her situation was rapidly improving.

Since leaving the servitude of Katiti; Chau had won every duel she had participated in. She earned her brand and became a Shield overnight. The redhead still did not have many friends, however, she had a role within the pride that was not wiping boy. For now, she was perfectly happy with her lot in life.

Having spent more of her life as a rogue; social interaction was not a task she was particularly well practised in. Luckily, she had found and befriended the one creature in the Pride that was just as accustomed to Pride life as she was. So despite the stigma that came with her original position she was not completely alone.

But that was not the point.

Today was about trying to start a conversation and what better person to strike one up with than the Monarch's Claw. Ebbe was a beacon of welcoming energy. An orange lion that radiated warmth. His bright eyes just screamed come bother me, I would love company’. To be fair to her though, Outlanders, any Outlander; was a challenge to get on with and this condition was not unique to the Claw.

How this Pride stuck together was still a mighty mystery to the sassy feline. After finishing her duel she decided to take the bull by the horns. Today would be the day she broke the silence.

“Any pointers? I caught you looking.”

She had a feeling the joke was going to go over his head. Just a feeling.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:57 am
An ear flickered towards the sound of another.

Any pointers? I caught you looking.

The voice to him was foreign, but the appearance of the darker lion was not. A look crossed, one mixed with disdain and annoyance, his face as he observed the other carefully. Katiti’s former plaything. Once tarnished, now a ranked member. Shield, if Ebbe could remember correctly. What was her name? Chausika? That sounded about right, and if it wasn’t, he was sure she would end up giving it to him in their conversation.

The apricot colored orbs narrowed as he finally looked her in her own silver ones. “It is my job to look and observe every member of this pride. It is no surprise you caught it.” He said shortly, pausing his step.

Well, if she wanted to know.

“You seem reckless.” Ebbe stated. “You speak too much in your duels, I assume it is due to the lack of your voice during your tarnished tenure. However, that being said, I will only let it slide up until this point as you have now been made aware of it. Talking has led to many downfalls.” He continued to critique. He had seen the duel from a distance with herself and another lioness, another returning member of the pride who had two small cubs in tow.

“Shall I continue?” The male smirked. Ebbe found himself getting closer to the female. It was an unconscious movement on his part; he never noticed it until he was practically face to face. The tactic he tried to perfect to get others to back down from him, but it also allowed him to get close enough to catch the personalize scent of the other, and anyone else that they had mingled with. There was a hint of another’s on her, though he couldn’t place it just yet. He would mull it over while she spoke.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 am
KasaiLoki

]Chau just stared at him, unflinching, like a knot on a log. Though she found his reaction hilarious she had enough sense not to let the amusement reach her face, yet. The males of the Outlands were so deadpan serious and ridiculous all at the same time; that the lack of cubs wandering around was not in the least bit surprising.

“Nah. I was Tarnished because of my tongue. Believe me, I was probably worse before.” The black lioness was trying her best to keep her mouth in check, his rank alone almost demanded it. Alas, Chausika was still new to Pride life and was not yet a good, refined Outlander. Despite Kat’s best efforts, there would always be that hint of the feisty rogue she once was. Her brows frowned into a small ‘v’ as he continued, not the least bit bothered by the criticism.

“Go ahead. I am a big girl.” Another joke. Chau was very aware that she was smol.

Words were not going to damage her ego, besides, he seemed to be enjoying it. A general taking pleasure in criticising his subordinates? Shocker.

As he moved closer to her she remained planted in the spot where she had stopped. The male was bigger than her, but most of the males (and female) of the Outlands were but that did not seem to bother her in the slightest. It got to the point where Ebbe was near touching her face with his nose and her pupils shrunk as they locked on his own orange orbs. There was a flash of mischief.

If he was playing a game of chicken, he had picked the wrong rogue. “Are you close enough? God’s above, do I smell or something?” Her voice near cracked with how ridiculous this situation was.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am
He contemplated continuing, but decided to not indulge the once rogue. Instead, he focused on her last question.

Do I smell or something?

His nostrils flared on an inhale of her scent again, narrowing, finally placing it. “In fact, you do.” He commented rather dryly, back stepping to give the female some space. “But it is not you I smell. However, it is quite familiar.” He thought for a moment, a small hum coming from his throat. “A certain one of my Claws, perhaps.” What the lions did in their spare time Ebbe did not care, but if it took the focus away from one of his generals, that would be a different story.

“Ah. Now it all makes sense.” Ebbe concluded. “Your actions, how you duel. Shame. I figured he would have taught you a bit more self-control, but maybe that is just the rogue blood flowing through you that prevents it.” He shrugged casually. “I can only sense you are as careless in your personal life as you are in your duels. Then again, the history of you becoming a tarnished just cements that point.”

His eyes narrowed once more though. “Distract him from his duties, and I can assure you whatever Katiti put you through will be ten times worse for him. Do I make myself clear, Shield?” Not to risk mistaking her name, Ebbe used the generalized rank to dub Chau. Who knew how much truth he had to his words.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 pm
KasaiLoki

]Chau held onto her composure as long as she could, though halfway through Ebbe’s threat the corners of her maw started to twitch, no longer able to hold in her laughter. It rumbled in her chest as she shook her head, sending strands of red hair dancing across dark features. After a moment she cleared her throat as she tried to disguise the outburst as a sudden cough, she doubted the act was convincing. ”You have a keen sense of smell, Sir.” The corners of her eyes were holding tears as she took in a deep breath to steady herself.

She supposed her antics were going to be discovered eventually and she was not ashamed; she saw no reason to deny it.

“But I prefer to think of myself as fiery and exotic.” There was no point in trying to hide behind a facade, not when he had cracked her shell so easily. Chau rolled her shoulders before she shrugged, her body visibly shrinking as she relaxed. The black lioness was not offended by his words; she knew the extent of her careless nature better than anyone. Her only regret at that moment was that she could have possibly caused trouble for Azzan.

His words made her brows frown, but she was not too sure if he was being wholly serious. From what she knew of the Pride they were not prudish and she saw no reason for them to be denied the comfort the two had found in each other. “Perfectly, sir.” She nodded her head, though it did come with a subtle roll of her silvery eyes. The lioness was very unprepared to be having this conversation; more so with the Monarchs Claw.

“Though I would protest being a distraction; if anything I am aiding in productivity. A happy warrior is one that fights hard and Azzan already fights harder than most.” Despite being ten years old.

At least that is what she had observed from other Prides. Chau was a wanderer for the most part but the Outlands was not the first place she had settled into; though admittedly it was the one she had remained in the longest. She bowed her head to the General, another mischievous look reaching her eyes.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 pm
Ebbe’s gaze hardened at the sudden outburst from Chau, trying to be disguise at a cough. His tail flicked wildly behind him, a sign of agitation from the lioness.

"The least you could have done was try to disguise it. I expect the scent to not linger on your form in our next meeting." He said with his short tone.

"I don’t care what you call it. It is still reckless and stupid." Obviously the lion was lacking in that particular area of his life, but it did not seem to bother him. Ebbe had his reasons for things. Not many knew about them, and he would rather die than to let anyone else try to figure it out. And her being fiery and exotic? Pft.

"Good." His ears pinned back, as he moved to step past the dark lioness. Her next words stopped him in his place again.

"And how, may I ask, are you aiding productivity, hmm? Because you are making him happy? Please." A younger Ebbe would have rolled his eyes at the comment. But he wasn’t the young lion he once was. "He was a fine warrior before you ever showed up, and I haven’t seen any change in his skills as you seem to insinuate." The Monarch’s Claw sneered. "He fights better than most because he is seasoned soldier, not because he has some female in his den to indulge in pleasures."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:37 pm
KasaiLoki

]He was very rude and Chau was trying her damned hardest not to lose patience with him. A pleasant smile remained on her lips but her eyes betrayed her, silver orbs were looking rather dark against her pelt and the very tip of her tail began to flick. The black lioness ran her tongue over her fangs before the smirk settled back on her lips, a deep breathe was pushed through her nostrils and the action seemed to calm her. The dark feline would not give him the pleasure of getting under her skin, but she was not opposed to getting under his.

“Ebbe.” She began, her tone a lot sharper than it was meant to be. Maybe more so than most would dare take with him. Though as soon as his name left her more her expression softened and another light-hearted chuckle rumbled in her throat. “It is a joke.” Her voice was low with a hint of disbelief.

Chau looked at him as if she was puzzled; like she did not understand how someone so seasoned could not understand such a simple concept. Pride bred lions were very different from rogues. They took themselves very seriously. Luckily for the Claw, Chau did not hold herself on such a podium. She might have been offended if she had.

“Is the concept a foreign one in the Outlands? I could explain the idea to you; if you wish.”

Or was a lack of humour one of the requirements to hold a position of power within the Pride?

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:20 pm
Z o m b i k ii

A joke? How was this a joke? Weren't they suppose to be comical? Ebbe found nothing funny about what Chau had said. The frown remained on his maw as he shook his head.

"Not necessary." The male stated, now deciding to walk past the female. Anymore words from the dark lioness would go on silent ears.

"Oh. Chausika," Ebbe finally used her name for the first time. "Do tell Azzan I would like a meeting with him at dawn. I expect if he isn't there, you are to prove too much of a joke for him." His voice was serious, and he didn't bother turning to look at her. "Also advise him if he isn't there, or even a fraction of a second late, the distraction had better be worth it." He continued forward, not bothering to wait for a fleeting comment.  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games