[PRP] remembering?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:03 pm
Nara had found herself wandering around. She was growing, and found the sense to move more and more. Maybe it was a string of independence that coursed through her small frame, but the young female found herself in the snow covered area of the Haven, hoping in the deep frozen liquid, leaving small pits as she moved. She should be closer to her guardian, but after meeting Fealty she was wondering if there was more here she didn't know about.

Besides, she wouldn't be gone too long. And then they could return back to the den in the mortal realm to relax.

The problem with being so small is she couldn't see sometimes where she was going. It probably was the reason why the small cub jumped, and instead of landing back in the snow, she felt her body hit something more solid. "Oh..oh no." she said quietly.

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you there!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:20 pm
"Ooof," the air knocked out of Dalila as something came into contact with her. She heard the voice and looked down at the little goddess bewildered. Pollen like dust floated down from her wings from the the impact to land in the cold snow.

"I didn't see you either," The goddess of remembrance said quietly looking at the little one. "Are you alright?" Dalila had been day dreaming, lost like she usually was in memories. She was thinking of Uhai, her lives long mate, and getting back to him soon. Her mission of finding her family seemed to be at a dead end, Uhai could help her track a sibling in order to find her mother..but Dalila's small quest was something she wasn't ready to bring to Uhai's attention just yet.

Dalila wondered for a moment what the little wingless goddess was doing alone, not that there was much danger here, but Dalila would never leave someone so small on their own for long.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:28 pm
The young cub rubbed her head, nodding.

"Yeah...I think so. You're okay right? I mean...it was my fault that I hit you and...oh, I'm sorry." She apologized again, taking in the other goddess. One thing Nara had learned from being up in the Haven was it was a place specifically for Gods. Sure the souls of the recently deceased mortals passed through (a site she had yet to see), but the godlet was more intrigued seeing just as many deities here as she did in the Myrsky Syntynyt lands.

Her eyes wandered to the wings of the other. They seemed a little different than what she had seen before. She looked to her own back, wingless, and frowned.

"Who are you?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:35 pm
"I am ok," she chuckled looking at the little godling, "no harm was done." She shifted her position to sit back in the snow and fluttered, then fold her wings to resettle them.

Who am I? Who are you? she thought but never spoke, it was always something to meet someone new, to have a brand new experience she had never had before. This was something to add to the list - she had never met a little wingless goddess by being bumped? pounce? bumbled, into. Dalila remembered everything, and sometimes remembering was a little tiring.

"I am Dalila'abadi," she said proudly," I am the goddess of remembrance, I can say pretty confidentially we have never in lifetimes met, who are you?"  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:43 pm
"Okay. Okay. Good. Phew." There seemed to be a wave a relief that washed over the young cub. She felt herself relax just a bit.

Dalila'abadi. "Oh that's a mouthful." Nara may have not had the best of manners, but she was growing up around a lot of mortals, in a place that prided themselves on strength, not etiquette. "Goddess of remembrance?" Her head tilted. "Maybe you can help me remember who I was." She meant it in the way as not remembering where she had come from originally before meeting Aldan during that stormy night. She had to have come from somewhere. Right?

"Lifetimes before?" What did she mean by that? Nara gave a questioning look.

"I am Nara...I also get called Fidelity...which I guess means that I am the goddess of fidelity. Whatever that means." She'd learn. With time, with growth, she'd understand the domain she resided over.

"We have more than one lifetime?" She asked, going back to Dalila's prior statement.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:01 pm
"It is a mouthful," and this time Dalila did all out laugh her body shaking, ahh, the silliness of being very young, "You can call me Dali if you want, I would like that very much."

Dali frowned but forced herself to make her face go neutral, the little goddess did not remember who she was. Some willingly chose to remove their memories, other's memories were damaged, or sometimes gods were completely new souls. Remembrance did not want to pry into the little ones life too far before knowing what she was getting into.

"Gods can have many lives, we are immortal, if we should die, we can choose to continue or to pass our powers on to another and to pass through the gates." She motioned with a paw in the direction of the gates. "If you are an older soul, then yes - you did have more than one lifetime." Looking at the little one she suddenly could feel the memories hidden away there, she did not pry, did not look any farther into the bank of memories waiting to be revealed, that was up to the little Goddess.

"Do you remember anything from before?" This was a better place to start - she didn't want to say what she felt - perhaps some memories and some stories are best left until children are older.

Dalila remembered everything, always, she thought once that it would drive her mad. She had the memories from a young age of lifetimes before her. She wished that for once when she was reborn she could retain her youth and her silliness.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:13 pm
"Dali! I like that." She could also remember that.

Nara looked dumbstruck as Remembrance explained they had many lives. She knew they were immortal, it was a concept she had been told time and time again in the Stormborn, but the fact that they could be reborn intrigued the cub. "Maybe that's why I can't remember anything but white."

Wait. White? Her eyes widened as she stared at the snow around her. She had been here before. Mkhai had asked her that first night what she remembered, and she remembered white. Cold, white. Was she here? Was that what was around her before she found herself in the muddy lands?

"I...I just remember meeting Aldan. I remember this." She held up a pawful of snow. "I think it was this at least." Anything before that was gone.

It made sense. She had to have lived before. Maybe that was why her necklace glowed occasionally. Maybe she had met certain mortals in her past life before, and that was her way of figuring it out?

"Do you know how to get someone to remember their past life?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:30 pm
Dalila felt the tug of a memory coming from the little one and pushed it away. She would not follow down the path to know exactly what Nara was trying to remember. Over time Dali found that memories for the most part were private.

"Who is Aldan?" Who was Mkhai? Is what she wanted to ask, but knew that the cub had not spoken about him aloud only pulled forward a memory.

"I could help, but sometimes memories can be very hard to remember," she tried to articulate to the youngling what she meant, the act of causing Nara to regress and remember her past life was easy - but the knowing what was before was hard, it was draining, and Dalila had no way of knowing how or why the goddess had been reborn without being nosy.

Sometimes memories came back on their own, in their own correct time and could be associated with age. Other times, souls were damaged - memories damaged - and they needed to be brought back with magic.  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:37 pm
"Oh. Aldan? He's...he's a mortal in the Stormborn land, down there..." Was it down there? What was the exact relation of the Haven to the mortal realm anyways?

"He's the one that found me. He took me to Mkhai...who told me who I was. I don't know how he knew it, because I didn't know who I was. But it sounded right. That's how I knew I was Fidelity. Mkhai told me that." She explained.

"Tell me about it." Nara said with a sigh. "Maybe it wouldn't be good to know them then. If they were hard to remember...maybe there is a reason why I can't remember them. Can that be the case ever?" She asked the goddess, her eyes curious.

"I mean. If I lived before this...maybe that past life doesn't want me to know who they were." She was trying to put things together, but just thinking about it was giving her a small headache. It just didn't make sense in her young mind.

She glanced at Dali, giving a sheepish smile and a shrug. "We could try though?" She wasn't against the help; she was just unsure how it would work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:42 pm
KasaiLoki

Dalila listened to little Nara's words and pondered. She did not want to ruin the little one's life by prying, by pulling and coaxing out memories. Memories were hard to recover from when they didn't come at the right time and in the right order.

"Sometimes...we don't remember things because it isn't the right time," she said slowly, "How about we make a plan to meet again, and if you haven't remembered by then, we can bring those memories back together?"

If it was Dalila being told to wait she wouldn't be able to stand it, she would be impatient and would want to know now. But Nara was so adorable that the big blue goddess couldn't bare to give her any painful memories.

"Perhaps I can meet your friends, and we can ask Mkhai together why he knew your last life too."  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 pm
Tisiphone

Nara contemplated before ultimately nodding in agreement to Dalila's suggestion. "I think that sounds good!" Who knew, maybe her memory would come back on her own. If that was the case, the young Fidelity would have loved just to see Dalila again to let her know.

The past never really seemed to come up in Nara's thought. When she is older, maybe she would think more on it. Right now though, she would focus on being a cub.

"Er..." She hesitated slightly. "Mkhai is kind of grumpy..." It was true, Warriors wasn't the friendliest of lions Nara had met. "So um..." she gave the goddess a sheepish smile. "If you are okay with how he is, We can go to him." Anonymity had dragged the camo god with her up to the Haven, although Fidelity didn't know if he was still here. He may have gone back to the mortal world.. Nara was sure somewhere Gaius was probably hanging around too, following Sitiri as well. Adults were just weird like that.  
[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games