Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Flowers for a Banshee (Loreleth, Therianth, & riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:30 pm
This is backdated to when they were very young

Therianth, what are you doing? Shahera watched as Therianth ran around sniffing flowers and pulling on some of their stems a little concerned.

I am picking flowers! She seemed to have found a few that suited and ripped them out of the ground, roots and all, before adding them to a small pile she had been creating.

I can see that. Why? Shahera was bemused. It seemed like such an odd thing to do.

For Loreleth! One more flower was added to the pile before Therianth picked up the lot and trotted off. Shahera grabbed the few Therianth had missed and trailed along after.

Loreleth! Loreleth! Therianth called coming up to the small blue and his rider. I picked these for you! She sat on her haunches, very proud of herself, presenting her prize. Shahera held out the flowers she had to J’lar with a small shrug as if to say ‘don’t ask me.’

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:09 pm
faesinger

J'lar was still amazed by the fact that he'd Impressed. Everything was still so new, so different; sometimes he woke up, disbelieving that this was his new life. The small, pudgy, blue dragon that was sitting next to him, with his head rested on his lap, had filled an emptiness in him that he'd never thought would disappear. All the pain, the hurt, the loneliness, the sadness... While Loreleth had understood it, had accepted it, he'd also somehow lessened it. Though he still missed Kharin, and thought about his dead love, and had even explained to Loreleth who he was . . . there was now something to lift his spirits. Though it was not a romantic love, the love he felt from Loreleth ran deeper than any he had ever felt for Kharin. The love he'd had and carried with him was not dampened, but there was now someone else to fuss over, someone else to think about, someone else to care for. It was an amazing feeling, and the quiet man couldn't quite comprehend that someone could love him as strongly as Loreleth.

The afternoon was quiet, and J'lar had time between his completed chores, and the evening meal. Loreleth had been bathed and oiled, and the blue was now happily settled next to his rider in the shade of the weyrbowl. J'lar didn't mind sitting on the ground, and the blue dragon had curled up close to him. Loreleth wasn't sleeping; instead, he was at peace for the moment, talking quietly to His, gazing up at him with eyes that were a blue-grey. The small hatchling was still easily overwhelmed by the world, but J'lar had found that he seemed content when it was just he two of them.

Ah, but a shift in his feelings, and eye color, had J'lar immediately on the defensive. The blue lifted his head, and turned, his eyes whirling a bit yellow in alarm as one of his clutchsibs suddenly trotted over. Both rider and dragon were taken aback when the flowers were offered -- Loreleth staring at Therianth quietly for a long moment -- and J'lar following suit with Shahera. For... For me? The blue dragon repeated, uncoiling from his rider and stepping forward to stare at the picked plants.

J'lar slowly stood up, and reached to take the flowers from Shahera. He gave a small grunt and a nod of gratitude, though he wasn't really sure what all to say. "Uh...Thanks." He finally replied, deciding it was best to teach his blue some form of manners. He wasn't the sort of man to want, need, or even think about flowers, and didn't know what Loreleth would do with them, either. But it was a nice gesture, all the same. See? Someone was thinking about you.

Loreleth glanced back at his rider, before reaching forward to try to take the flowers from Therianth. ....th-thank you. I. I wasn't expecting them. The blue dragon wasn't sure what to do with the flowers. They're pretty.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 pm
They wouldn’t be much of a surprise if you have been expecting them silly. Therianth was very excited and bouncing slightly where she sat. Do you really like them? If not, there are others in different colors and some smaller ones…though I was having some trouble picking them…I could ask Mine to pick them for you! Shahera gently put a hand on Therianth’s head and she subsided into silence. A small excitedly vibrating but silent dragon.

Shahera for her part was bemused. What was Therianth thinking? “I’m not sure what she expects you two to do with them.” Her voice was full of laughter.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 pm
faesinger

Loreleth's eye whirled a slightly brighter blue-green, even as he remained quite attached to J'lar's side. The dark blue dragon was happy about the flowers, and touched that one of his clutchsibs had thought of him for no reason. In fact, the young blue didn't really know how to respond, besides shoving a wave of gratitude, surprise, and delight towards the thoughtful green. He hummed gently in pleasure, setting the flowers down before him so he could properly admire their shape and colors. They were happy and bright.... so different than him.

I do like them! Truly! They are perfect, and I will keep them forever. He promised with all the sincerity, not quite comprehending that the flowers would fade and die within a few days.

J'lar would explain that one to him later. For now, he'd let his little shy blue enjoy the moment. Looking back at Shahera he gave another shrug and the slightest twist of his lips into what was maybe a smile. "Keep them, clearly. We'll... Put them next to our cots, I guess. Bring a little color to our life, eh?" He gave Loreleth's neck a little fond pet. "It was a kind gesture."

Now that they had the flowers though, he wasn't sure what else to say or do. He certainly didn't want to waste the girl's time and he wasn't exactly known for his charm or conversation skills. "Therianth's looking well." There. Conversation continued. Ish. He really wasn't any good with this, was he?

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas