Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[PRP] Does This Feel Like Home? (Giruvegan x Cerobi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well...he had done it. He had been able to fight his way in, and so he could be with his sister for a time. He deeply appreciated it, and though he was ready to do his best, he was feeling a bit....overwhelmed with it all.

Besides still feeling that blow to the face, the darker-maned lion couldn't shake off the eyes that kept staring at him. Back in their original lands, he didn't seem to get the time of day from anyone. Sometimes his sister, but other than peddling his wares and trading for good stuff, he had been a relatively normal, average lion. Here? This was an entirely different world for him.

"Cerobi," he breathed, gingerly patting his cheek. "We....we both made it in." More than likely, it wouldn't have been hard for her to get in, but he wanted to be there for her, to make sure she was happy, comfortable...and safe.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:29 pm
User Image

Cerobi had been surprised to find she had a battle of her own to deal with when she petitioned to join the Bonelands. While Giru could fight his way in, she was stuck talking her way in. Luckily, the former merchant was an excellent haggler and got through it and was welcomed as a Busisa. She was lost in a social blur when word reached her that her brother had chased out one of the other males, and she had gone off to find him. It was easy, he was getting more attention than she was but she was already learning why.

"Giruvegan!" she cried, spotting him and rushing up, "You did it."

She stopped before him to to smile at him and then did a quick circle around him to make sure he was whole. He was.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:08 pm
"Ah! Cerobi." He felt himself grinning very stupidly when he saw her. It was kind that she certainly seemed to understand the trial that he had to go through to meet her here, and she seemed to appreciate that he survived that challenge.

"I did. Not going to fib, that wasn't the easiest thing I've done, but we were both merchants by trade for so long....it is good to see you whole. How did everything go?" Giruvegan wasn't sure what the culture was like here for the lioness'....it was certainly different from the lions, as there were so few here, and there was their own short hierarchy to remember.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 pm
Cerobi clucked her tongue at the remark about being merchants. That was exactly why she had been so worried about him. Giruvegan was male so he had some natural size and strength and that had certainly been an asset in their line of work, and of course they had both become more active in their own survival when the Tokakinji had disbanded.. but she hadn't known what to expect from lions who were truly only here to protect the lionesses and their own position in the pride.

"I just had to talk my way in, it wasn't so bad," she said, coming back around to stand before her brother with an approving smile, "It helped that I had you, of course. But only if you won."

And, of course, he had.

"You can see how homogeneous it is around here, we both stand out quite a bit," Cerobi added with a smile and a shake of one of her talon-marked paws, "I suspect you'll be quite popular."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:55 pm
Grivegan's dark coloured eyes glanced around the horizon, seeing the lions that spotted the landscape. She was right. Many of them were relatively solid in colour, with varying shades and minor markings speckled along their pelts. His own varying colours and markings stuck out like a zebra in the watering hole.

"You think?" he asked. "I overhead someone talking about dark manes..." He stroked his own mane for a moment, pondering that thought. But still, he wasn't sure how much he was going to enjoy the eh...main aspect of being an Inselelo. He had never really been a romantic, but to be used as a source of protection as well as cubs...he sure hoped he understood what he was getting into.

"I pray that it won't be...too much," Giruvegan admitted with a cringe stretching across his face. "Though with the population, I may be a bit in over my head. Please save me if I'm overrun by eligible females, dear sister!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:02 am
Cerobi couldn't hold back a chuckle at Giruvegan's uncertainty and plea for help should he be overrun. It was a strange change of pace to think that families were devoid of the romantic ideal that had always seemed to be a given, but the fact that it was rather business-like here was almost a comfort to the former merchant.

"I promise," she said, "Try not to get too attached to any of them.."

She shook her head thoughtfully.

"I think the real test of the place will be how I settle in," she said, "You have a specific job and a time limit, I'll need to get more directly involved with the community to find my way and I don't plan to immediately barter for cubs."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:59 pm
Giruvegan snorted. He had never considered himself any bit of a romantic, and with the way that it seemed how things went here....love was something saved for family, and just for those that did the rearing. He wasn't sure what would happen here, especially if he was going to keep up with more than guarding.

"Well, I'll do my best Cerobi," he sighed. His head swirled again with the idea of his sister perhaps having her own family here, but in a way that a brother may find...off-putting.

"A time limit I intend to maximize as much as is possible. Besides, if you do ever decide to have cubs...I want to at least be around long enough to know their faces." He didn't really want to discuss the reality of him having to leave, or even die protecting this place...it was something they could dance around until it became unavoidable.

"Please let me know if any females seem...nice enough. I know I don't do the choosing but..." he swallowed again, feeling oddly put on the spot. "But I would rather be treated with ah...some level of respect." He assumed that some of the bits of gossip he had heard was moreso meant to make him uncomfortable than scare him off, but some of these ladies seemed to enjoy making him sweat a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:21 pm
"I'll try not to make you look bad," Cerobi responded with a grin, "After all, I am what they'll be hoping for when they ask for cubs. A gal who looks like you."

She narrowed an eye and gave him a look up and down.

"Sort of."

And then she laughed. She didn't hear much about any Inselele so far but she definitely hadn't heard about any who had brought family with them. Umkhombo had brought family when he took over but he had been born here and that was a big deal or something something.. she still had a lot to learn.

"How long until we stop getting strange looks, you think?" she asked, "One of us might need to have cubs sooner rather than later to start getting our fancy fur seeming less out of place."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:25 pm
"You could never make me look bad," he said with a bark of laughter. "You're the better of us both." He hadn't quite realized just how much he cared for his sister until they were thrust into their own paths in the rogue lands. Then, he had realized, he would have done anything to protect her.

And here was his 'anything'....but at least it felt worth it.

"Yikes. I think we both know that it'll end up being me," he said with a cough, clearing his throat. "Maybe when its not just the two of us we won't get those weird, long looks." He hadn't had too many yet, but once in a while he caught sight of those long stares, and the females would turn and walk away as soon as they made eye contact.

"Yeah....I feel like its more important that you don't rush it. Unless one of the other males sweeps you off your feet," he chuckled with an quirk of his eyebrow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:35 pm
His awkwardness about the prospect of making cubs was both adorable and worrying, it reminded her of the pressure he put on himself to make sure they went somewhere safe, to keep her safe. If he put that same sort of effort into protecting their new home, he'd fit right in. It was different here, especially for the males, but Cerobi had a good feeling about it.

"Maybe one of them will," she said, sticking her tongue out at her brother, "We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:39 pm
"H-hey!" he laughed, feeling a bit...embarrassed, but knew his sister had wonderful judgement. They were raised as merchants, so she was well practiced.

"Yes, we will see....but its good to have a home together again."

(end!)  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces