Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:34 pm
Faramir was enjoying the nice weather they'd been having lately and decided to check out what some of the other pride members were up to.

Flicking his tail behind him as he moved along the lush lands he smiled, it was such a wonderful and peaceful place. It was amazing that they didn't have creatures piling into their lands.

Then again it wasn't like they had open advertisement about the place. IF it was overcrowded it wouldn't be the place that it was, too many mouths would cause trouble in the end.

Coming along some of the fertile sections of land in their territory he spotted a familiar pale form. "Hello Sekhmet, how is the harvest coming along so far?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:45 pm
User ImageSekhmet lifted her head from the pile of plants she was currently working with, blowing upwards to get her tuft of fur out of her eyes. She had just uprooted a decent section of seedlings that would grow into grass for the herds in North Farthing and had placed them into tough, woven bags that a few of the craftier Hobbits had fashioned for the Farmers to carry their loads comfortably over their backs. She would take a few trips to bring all of the seedlings to their new home but it would be worth it.

A voice startled her and she looked up sharply before relaxing. "Hello, Faramir," she said, letting out a little breath of relief. "Funny seeing you here. I was just about to head out to North Farthing with these seedlings." Normally the Master Farmer could be found out among the herds and the other Herders, but even the Masters of their craft had days off. Today seemed to be his.

"It's coming along well," she added to answer his question, looking out at the area she had been tending. Aside from the grass seedlings there was strong, sturdy wheat growing not far off for Brew and off to the side were different types of bushes that produced seeds to plant out in North Farthing as well.

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 pm
SilverLutz

Overlooking the lands in which she was in charge he gave a firm nod of his head, it looked like it was going well and the season seemed to be right enough for their crops to flourish.

"Did you want any assistance?" He felt like being useful today, since he wasn't really that useful? Giving a shake of his head he knew that wasn't true, there was lots that he did. It was just that he missed hard labor at times and liked to get his paws dirty every now and then.

"I'm happy to see that everything is thriving. I do hope the weather continues to keep." Giving a brief glance towards the sky he knew that they'd likely have good weather most of the planting season.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 pm
The lioness gave a little giggle as Faramir offered to help. Sekhmet knew the lion had a reputation of being lazy so to have him offer his assistance was a bit funny to her. She wouldn't say no, though, since she had quite a few seedlings that needed to be transported. Two lions would make it so that she didn't need to make two trips.

"I'd love the help," she said with a little nod, still grinning. "I'm just a little surprised that it's you offering to do so. Isn't it your nap time?" Her teasing was light and she didn't mean to embarrass or upset him by it, just a bit of good-natured ribbing.

"Here, if you slide your head under these bags they'll settle on your back once you stand up," she said, motioning to a set of satchels that were filled with seedlings. "I'll take the other and we can get the work of a whole day done in just a little bit!"

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 pm
SilverLutz

Placing a paw to his chest he feigned being disgraced, "You wound me madam." It was true, he wasn't really lazy and he hoped that everyone knew that and was just pulling his tail, but who really knew. "Though I nap does sound pretty divine right about now." Adding that with a wink he looked towards where she was motioning with her paws.

Getting himself ready he saddled himself up with the bags of seedlings and turned to her for guidance, "Where to now?" He wasn't sure where she'd already done what was needed to be done and didn't want to mess things up for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 pm
Sekhmet gave a light, airy laugh at Faramir's theatrics before wiggling under her own saddle bags, shifting a little to make sure they settled on her back comfortably. It really would be helpful for the male to help her out as it would reduce the trips she'd have to take: North Farthing wasn't too far in terms of reaching the border, but the Farthing was the largest and it was a good hour's walk to where the seedlings needed to be planted.

"North Farthing," she said cheerfully as she set out down the path that led from East Farthing back towards the center of the pride. "Really, thank you for the help. You're turning an entire day's work into just a few hours. It'll free up a bunch of time for me to get back here and plant more rather than saving it for tomorrow."

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 pm
SilverLutz

"It's the least I can do, you all work so hard that I feel as though I'm under worked." It was true, given the amount of time everyone spent doing the different tasks they were handed it left him with little to do but observe, or join in when needed. While he didn't like to say he was lazy, there was probably more he could spend time doing.

At least he wasn't a drunkard.

Not that there was anything wrong with enjoying the drink, still it wasn't something he did often, just with friends mostly. Which he considered everyone his friend and he hoped they felt the same about him.

"Perhaps we can see about getting you some accommodations to help with such hauls in the future." Whether it was by getting more able'd bodied lions to assist or even perhaps getting her a companion able to lift heavy loads. "If not I can always lend a paw if you need it."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:28 pm
"You do work of a different kind," Sekhmet said with fond laugh. The political and popular position of Clan Chief was not one that interested her. There was too much talking and socializing for her. The tan lioness much preferred being able to work with her paws and see the proof of her hard work in the form of the little seedlings they were now hauling along the road, leaving the fertile farmland behind.

"Oh no, that's quite all right. It's part of the job," she said with a little nod. "Although I could probably speak to someone who is skilled in crafting and see if they could make me a little sled I could pull. Then I could carry more than these sacks, maybe make one trip all on my own."

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:45 pm
SilverLutz
Fin for me! I'll go ahead and get our Chief rp set up XD.

Nodding his head he gave her a smile, "Aye, 'tis true but we all play our part in the end and if I can help make someone else's duty just a might bit easier I'll do my damnedest to try." HOW had he managed to land this position himself he wasn't exactly sure, but he knew it wasn't for everyone and he was okay with knowing that.

Tossing some fur from his eyes he liked the feel of the weight upon his back as he helped haul the seedlings with her, maybe in another time he'd of been a Farmer, it suited him a tad bit. Or so he thought anyway.

"I'm sure there is someone within our ranks who is talented enough for the task. If I happen upon someone before you I'll be sure to send them your way." He could do that much at least.

"So, while we walk why don't you tell me more about your seedlings." With that he walked along with her, hoping to learn more about those under his watchful eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:45 pm
"Great! I know someone made some a while ago, some of the other Farmers have them, but they're pretty old," Sekhmet said, sighing quietly. It was also the older Farmers that used them, leading her to believe the one who made them might have passed on some time before she joined. Surely there was some sort of crafter who could examine the current sleds and make - or even improve! - them.

"Well, these are savanna grass seedlings," she said as they walked. She went into an in-depth discussion on the best way to grow them, now she makes sure to give each a little extra space in the growing process so the roots spread out more to create a stronger base when relocated, and she talked the right out of East Farthing and down the road to the North and the future home of the small plants on their backs.

FIN  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out