Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kumveka was so lost, she had no idea where she was, she had left that male lion in her dust and somehow ended up in a territory she didn't know at all. She sighed out deeply, she wasn't afraid, but she wasn't a fool, she knew there were lions everywhere and she could be killed if she wasn't careful. She moved quietly. She was mindful that this land was this land was very different from the lovely jungle she had lived in with her friend Madyimoyo. She didn't want to linger long in this strange place but first of all she needed to figure out where she was so she could figure out if she was going towards the border or further into the pride's land.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:18 am
User Image

"Careful now," The voice remarked. It was deep and rumbling, but seemed to have no malice behind it. For all intents and purposes the gazelle was safe from whatever had found her. A little look around and she would eventually catch sight of the lumbering male, who'd chosen to recline comfortably in the shadows. The sun had become rather hostile this afternoon and it was simply advantageous for him to hide... More importantly, this far out ensured him some peace and quiet from some of the gossip in the pride.

Ah, but they were taking the news that their beloved Death Priest had succumbed to fate rather well. All things considered, Isiike's death had been sudden and fortuitously timed. He had died just as change was sorely needed to ensure the survival of the pride and to some, that timing had been just a little too good.

That being said...he had died in the catacombs, and no one would dare to go in there right?

"You're heading towards some rather hungry individuals," he warned and shook his head. "Best to remain where you are, this place is much safer, none are allowed to come here except for me," he murmured. Interestingly, she'd managed to find her way into sacred land but he saw no offence in it, he was merely curious. If she'd gotten in, then that meant somewhere had become exposed to the outside world and that might very well have been the same location that their pregnant lioness had come from...

Midnightglow18

Epine de Rose

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:53 am
Epine de Rose

Kumveka blinked when she heard the voice, she wasn't sure if the lion was trying to lull her into a false sense of security before he intended to attack and kill her or if he really meant to give her advice to stay safe and alive. "You are not one of the hungry individuals?" She asked standing her ground and not running for the moment. Besides if she did run she wasn't sure if she would be running back towards the border or if she would be running towards the lions that would eat her without a second thought. She looked around the area she had found herself in. "What is this place?" She asked in a soft tone. "I am Kumveka and who are you lion?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:05 am
"I've had my fill of food for a while," Itiri chuckled and shook his head. "Rest assured I was raised not to play with my food and holding a polite conversation isn't something I would do if I were inclined to hurt you," he tilted his head to the side as he regarded her for a moment or two. This wasn't to say that if she kept heading closer to the inner reaches of the pride, she wouldn't find a very different fate...One of the other Nezi might find themselves hungry.

"As to what this place is," he paused thoughtfully as he glanced around him. What followed was a pursing of his lips and a quiet consideration of how best to answer her. "You are in the land of the dead, for want of a better description," he said at last. "This is where the cycle of life is revered and closely guarded," he explained. He wouldn't go in to the details of his pride, but he would at least give a small description and credit where it was due to the pride and the work they did both with the living and the deceased.

"My name is Itiri," he added, keeping to his shadowed refuge. If he stayed where he was, she would probably settle a touch. "And you could say that I'm in charge here," he mused. "Or at least familiar enough with this region to know you are probably quite far from home."

"So what brings you here, hm?"

Midnightglow18

Epine de Rose

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:12 am
Epine de Rose

Strange this encounter made Kumveka more nervous than the day she had tried to kick the lion in the eye. Being brave and boastful was much easier when there was action. Standing there talking to Itiri calmly about being in the land of the dead was spooky indeed. "I have never been in this land before, normally I wander the rouge lands, I came here by accident honestly. Do you know where your border lies? I don't intend to stay here if this land is more dangerous for a gazelle then the rouge lands are, which is saying something since the rouge lands are harsh enough as they are at times." She looked around Itiri's shadowy place it was spooky indeed.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:37 am
"I know exactly where our borders lie," Itiri confirmed. He was perhaps the only one who genuinely knew where it lay, unless his brother had found the same divide during his own Trials. While Itiri hadn't discussed it with him, there was every chance they had found the same thing... Alternatively, Imani might have given him information in regards to it.

"And you are not terribly far from it," he added with a slight smile. He lifted a paw and motioned back the way she had came. "All you'll need to do is turn around and keep going until you hit a wall," he explained. "Once you reach that wall, keep your left shoulder to it and keep walking," he continued. His intention was to steer her away from the inner most regions of the forbidden land where she really would get lost...and possibly hurt.

"Eventually you'll find yourself in some rather beastly greenery, but something as slight as you should be able to wriggle your way through it," He chuckled. He couldn't however guarantee her safety and nor would he try, if she found someone else, they might end up being less pleasant and she really would have to make a run for it!

"That being said I imagine our lands are just as dangerous as any other region for one such as yourself, it really just depends on who you meet," he clucked his tongue. "If in doubt, you can always run, your kind are rather good for that when they need to be, you know?"

Midnightglow18

Epine de Rose

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:43 am
Epine de Rose

As Itiri described the boarder Kumveka remember how she had gotten in she was afraid and confused when she had been running at the time after the adrenaline had faded from her encounter with the male lion. She only had so much bravado within her. "Ah yes I remember now and it was a simple matter getting through with my lithe body." Kumveka rolled her eyes "Perhaps but many of my kind also stand in large herds and leave behind the weakest to their deaths. I'm not a big fan of large herds of my kind. I suppose I should leave your land and head back to the rouge lands. Thank you for your help."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:05 am
She was an unusual one.

He'd never met a prey beast, one that lived in herds normally, who sought to be on their own. It was puzzling but he wasn't about to question the life choices of another individual who might have very good reasons for choosing her own path. In all honesty he would have assumed that strength in numbers would be more viable, particularly if you weren't the weakest individual, but there were things beyond the borders that not even he knew of and he would be remiss to assume he did.

...Suffice it to say that the Gazelle probably knew what she was doing, even if she had accidentally walked in to a place she probably shouldn't have been to begin with. At least she'd met someone benevolent first, right?

"Be careful where you're walking," Itiri advised with a smile. "It goes without saying that you should run if you aren't feeling particularly safe," he added. "But you already know how to survive and there's no point in me preaching to you," he conceded and shook his head. "May you find non-hungry individuals on your way out as well, just to make the trip easier for you," he murmured gently.

"If all else fails you can always kick them in the nose anyway," he finished. If she did that, then he'd look forward to the tales he received when he returned to the inner pride. The indignation of those hunters would be fairly entertaining!

Midnightglow18

Epine de Rose

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:17 am
Epine de Rose

She smiled and nodded to the lion he was the kindest lion she had met, "If it were not dangerous for me to stay here I would consider staying longer to chat, but I should be going thank you very much for your help." She said taking her leave.

(Fin)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:23 am
(Last post from me just to finish off Itiri too!)

She made a valid point and it was food for thought, Itiri might very well have to consider the possibility that an amnesty existed on occasions to actively promote an exchange of cultures and information. Unfortunately when it came to preybeasts it was a bit of a difficult sell, they were their main source of food and to tell his pride to stop eating them temporarily was likely to cause a riot.

...Still, he'd ponder over it, there might be value in short amnesties. A day or two at most, or an easing of hostilities towards certain types that didn't necessarily have a high value from the point of view of quality meat.

Nevertheless he would allow her to take her leave and he would maintain her privacy. The less individuals knew she was here, the safer she would be... it was the least he could do.

Epine de Rose

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff