Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:13 am
He liked to think he'd been there long enough to know everyone, or most of everyone within the pride so when there were new faces he was quite pleased. Mainly because he could ask questions about the roguelands, since a number of the members that were within these lands were born here. So talk was quite limited.

He had heard the names of the two newcommers to their midst but he was uncertain of which she was, but hadn't they said one of them had a vulture companion? Which one was which though? Thinking about it he'd figure it out hopefully before speaking to the female he was approaching. She was plain but lovely in coloration and he gave thought about what he had heard. This one's name was Afsar? He was pretty sure, still he didn't want to ask and be wrong.

"Hello! Afsar right? Welcome to our home." Here went nothing  
She'd been laying in the shade for now, staring out at the grasses ahead. Afsar had joined because she'd been pulled this way for some reason. She'd been without a pride for so long, been without a purpose since her children left as soon s they could.

Afsar's ears were pinned to her head in thought, her tail flicking in a sort of pensive way. That is, until she heard someone approaching from her side.

Quickly her demeanor changed to a happy one, her green eyes swerving to the male that had called to her. "Yes, hello." She got to her paws and dipped her head in greeting. "Thank you for the welcome. It's... a lot to adjust to." It was the truth. Her arrival was only about four days ago. She was still very unsure about a lot.

"I'm afraid you have an advantage over me."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

The shade of the tree she was under looked inviting, "Do you mind if I join you on this particularly warm day?" It was only polite to ask, while he'd of likely gone there anyway he didn't like to wrong the females in the pride since they had a majority say in pretty much everything. It was the way it worked.

"I can definitely relate, I was in your paws seven months ago." It was so strange to say that but it was true, seven months had come and gone like nothing. "I hope you're enjoying your stay here so far? I'm called Budek, I'm one of the Inselelos." He smiled warmly at her.  
It was really weird being asked to join her under the shade, but the lioness nodded either way and gave him a it of a wider smile. "Of course. Don't let me stop you." Afsar knew how it could be on the hot days without shade, so it was honestly not too big of a deal for her.

So he was new only seven months ago? She hummed, interested in that fact and then tilted her head. "So far, it's alright,."

Then Budek said his name and rank, and the lioness got this confused look on her face. "....And an Inselelos is...?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

He was pleased to hear that she was enjoying her stay so far, it wasn't for everyone. Joining her in the small offering of shade he felt himself relax almost instantly, this was quite nice if he was being honest with himself. He'd actually grown accustom to the way the pride worked and hoped that he'd have some more time here, if not then it wasn't meant to be.

"It's like the leaders you met, but my position isn't permanent here in the pride. So really it's more like a second in command type of rank." He added as he thought on it a little more. He wasn't really sure how else to describe it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:14 am
She let out a low noise as he explained his position. "Oooh." Afsar could understand that. Her tail flicked this way and that as she thought about it a little more. "Okay. That's easily understood, Budek." She tested his name on her tongue and then nodded. It was easy enough. Definitely one easy to remember.

"So..." She seemed at ease with the male around her already. "I hope ranks are easier to remember over time.. Anyway. How did you get to be a second in command?" Even though he had such a high position, Afsar didn't feel the need to be formal with him. Not because she was female, but it had been that long since she'd actually been in the line of sight of a leader type.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"I got lucky and beat the old male that had this rank. It's challengeable after a time. Had he won he'd of stayed longer and you'd likely be talking to him now instead of me." He mused at the thought and curled his tail around his back feet.

Looking at her he wondered what her story was, where she had come from. "Where were you before here?" He was curious and figured he might as well ask.  
"And you challenge them because...?" She honestly didn't know too much about the pride. She'd joined because it felt like home. She knew nothing about anyone who lived here, or what kind of events happened. Afsar had a feeling it was for breeding rights, but she liked to be sure just in case. No assumptions.

"And ...this pride... I think is the complete opposite of how I grew up! Females weren't much. We were there, harems for the males."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"Oh, to get their rank. Once you beat the person with that rank you obtain it with the Umholi's permission." He said and listened as she spoke. He then thought about it, "Ohhhh. The ranks we hold are the only males within the pride that have breeding rights with the females. Though we have no say in the matter. We are here for the females to choose from." He frowned a little at her words, "At least you're here now and you have say in who the father of your cubs are." Looking around he was starting to grow thirsty. "Care to join me for a drink?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 am
She'd loved the father of her first litter. It was just unfortunate they didn't stay together. The orange lioness hummed to herself as she thought about his words. Of course Afsar had been correct to assume it was for breeding, but it was nice to know the females go to pick the males.

Then he offered her a drink and a smile tugged at her lips. "Sure. If you don't mind me trying to splash you." Afsar used to be a trickster when she was a cub. She was still  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 am
"I wouldn't mind at all, I'll lead the way." He stood up and headed towards one of the nearer water supplies.  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games