Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:53 am
KasaiLoki
I went ahead and started us part two before bed. Ignore sleepy typos if there are any xDD

The viking trip that Ledz had gone on to get her reaver title had been more successful than she could have imagined. Her group was large though so maybe that had something to do with it. Even so, it took team work from each lion there to get the deed done so while Ledz wasn't jumping up and down for joy outwardly, inwardly she was. Those stone features the lioness possessed stayed stiffly that way. Ledz wasn't one to advertise how she felt.

Now she wanted to find Ciro to tell him about the fact she was now a reaver. Maybe he'd be impressed and maybe he would want her for his own team. She was green, there was no doubt about that, but she was a willing vessel for learning and had great talent when it came to a scrap. Ledz was going to ask him if he would take her on.

Though, the now reaver lioness had a new problem which was she needed to find Ciro's den. She wasn't completely sure where the best spots were to find the male but she figured the best place to start was ground zero where the two had met after her scrap.

Another problem with Ledz not knowing where Ciro might be was the fact that she was a lioness of limited words to most in the pride. The conversation she'd had with Ciro was the most talkative she'd been in a long time so asking for directions wasn't exactly Ledz style. Though, if it had been, her search would likely not be as difficult or troublesome as it was right now.

Looking very determined, and a little lost, the kirin lioness shifted through the sandy areas looking for any clue that might help her.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:40 am
Alpaca Chobi

It was purely coincidence Ciro had found himself near the dusty portion of the pride. Maybe the rain didn't reach here as much as it did other sections. The lion was on his way home from Njia's and the cubs. Already they were growing into their own independent personalities. Soon, Ciro would find himself with adolescence. The thought of that only caused stress to the Captain. He may not be the best father in the world, but that sure didn't mean he did not care for his children. Any having ten of them in one den....It was just a lot to take in.

The dark male walked through the land, but his sight stopped on the light colored female also on the scene. He hadn't seen her in a few weeks, attributing that fact to her recent viking she had mentioned. So, either she never went, or she was back. She glanced at her form - not many scuff marks on that beautiful pelt either.

Maybe it was an easier Viking mission?

His ears flickered as he slowly stalked up to the female who had what look to be determination on her face, but also something else hidden beneath it? What was that?

"Welcome home Gołoledź." Ciro said from behind the female, purposely using her full name instead of the nickname, a smirk always evident on his maw.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:22 am
KasaiLoki

At first Ledz was pretty sure she was hearing something like a whisper of a memory on the winds from the first encounter she had with a certain captain. Upon turning around she found said whisper was actually Ciro standing behind her saying her full name which, in all honesty, Ledz wasn't entirely sure about the feeling she got from hearing her name from this male. It was a strange positive feeling though. A warm glow came from hearing him say her full name.

"Ah Ciro," Crap she didn't return the favor and now it was too late to go back. She'd been distracted by the warm glow of feelings and her manners went out the window.

"I was actually," She coughed clearing some dust from her throat. She'd been searching in this area a little longer than she'd admit and, of course, dust was a problem. "Looking for you. I don't actually know where your dens are." There was a look of questioning from the younger kirin lioness. She didn't want to outright press him for answers but she was hoping if they were to continue lessons of some sort, either for her or his daughters, he'd show her where to meet him.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:54 am
Alpaca Chobi

Ciro didn’t let her calling him by his shorten name bother her. In fact, he enjoyed that name more than his given name. Even when meeting strangers, mostly male, he would introduce himself with another name. Those lions never deserved his true identity.

His ears perked at her comment at looking for him. If his smirk could widen on his lips, it probably did.

“Oh, were you now?” He purred out. “I must agree, our last meeting didn’t go quite as long as I personally wanted it too,” if Ciro made the decision that day, he would have tried to spend a longer evening with the Kirin. But what better time than the present?

“You know, I am heading that way now. The children have been put down for their nap,” the concept was foreign to him, but it was insistent kids needed rest, “so I can’t take you to see them. But my den is not too far. Perhaps as we walk, you can tell me about your Viking?” Here, Ciro would find out what type of lioness Ledz was.

“Tell me, Ledz, are your parents of this pride too?” For all the lion knew, she could have joined previously and learned her skills as an adult. He needed to know who he was working with.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:08 am
KasaiLoki

"Alright. That sounds good," She agreed to walk with him towards his family dens. Ciro had a lot of interest in her life and it wasn't something the kirin lioness was used to having so many questions tossed her way about her persona life. Well, not when the source of the questions was some one older. Plenty of males her own age or younger had questions for her but with them Ledz was able to play it cold and ignore them.

"The viking trip.." She smiled, "Well there were three other hopefuls along side my self so .. Four of us. It wasn't a type of viking where strength was important as much as team work because we were looting a known merchants path. There was some information gathered earlier in the week before our trip that a merchant would choose that road but we didn't know how many there would be. It turned out there was only one merchant... but he was big and stubborn. It took the four of us to persuade him to leave the loot. Ultimately, we were able to secure the loot with no damage to the party or the merchant. Only his pride was shattered." The way she reported the viking trip was as formal as she possibly could.

There was a topic shift and Ledz was a little more reserved with her answer about her family. "Yes. I wasn't born here but I was raised here." She kept it vague as she wasn't interested in talking about her family. Not that she didn't love them, she did (even Bast'ion), but she wanted to not think about them right now with her mind on her own viking trip.

"What about you. Do you have some good viking stories?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 am
Alpaca Chobi

As they walked, the lion listened to the female's words of the trip. By the sounds of it, appears the group was successful. Not every viking had to be about strength as the lioness had almost insinuated their first meeting. Teamwork was a necessary skill amongst the groups. You had to be able to trust another to an extent in the Stormborn realm. There were always those...let's call them one-offs, where it was better to trust yourself than your band, but those appeared to be few and far in between.

"I bet that lion will think twice about travelling alone then, huh?" He chuckled by the end of her story.

Ciro noted her vagueness. He didn't push. Maybe her parents were thralls, and she did not want to express that side of her lineage. He could understand that. She really did not look like another lion he had met in the pride yet, so he was safe for now, he figured.

"Oh, me? Hmm." He pondered his viking missions. Some lasted a few days, others took months. "Probably my most fondest memory would be working with Astrus and Kristanf to find their mother who had wandered off. How a thrall managed to get past the borders undetected I will never know. But, it led to an interesting adventure in me actually finding out about a former pride where lions bonded with birds, me actually finding my own falcon companion" Where was she anyways? "And just really in the end, a few months later, becoming success at the mission, even though it took longer than what we would have originally expected it to."

He approached the familiar path, his den was amongst a few others just down the path.

"Ah, nearly there." He stated as he approached the entrance. He did miss Ruka. She at least kept the den in a clean condition. It wasn't terribly dirty in there, just more pelts thrown around. Gwen's nest up in the corner was clean, a clear sign she was gone for a while.

"This is my home, you may stop by any time." He grinned, extending a paw out so she could enter if she chose.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:48 am
KasaiLoki

A thrall sneaking out of the pride undetected was surprising and Ledz could not keep her intrigued look hidden as she listened to Ciros tale. The sort of mission he shared with her was a heart felt warm one. Usually vikings preferred to talk about feats of strength or something overly impressive and maybe just a little embellished so this story did stand out to Ledz and only helped Ciro's reputation in her purple eyes.

"We have two thralls but I could never imagine them sneaking away. They're part of the family more than anything. They helped raised me," This was kept vague and could be interpreted a few different ways. Her thoughts stopped there on that matter.

Before the kirin lioness knew it she was at the entrance of Ciros den. When had that happened? She'd been having such a good time talking that she had not realized their nice walk had come to an end. So the invitation to enter the males den was a no brainer.

"Of course," She placed a dark ice paw in to his. What could go wrong after all? Ciro was enjoyable company and Ledz did not feel that way about most others in this pride.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:12 am
Alpaca Chobi

Ciro never minded other families taking thralls in. However, he disliked the idea completely. That was why he eventually decided to let Ruka go. He wasn’t happy, she wasn’t either. Being a Captain under no other order but the War Lord’s herself, Ciro did not need to listen to anyone but her. It was how he finally came to the decision he did.

“Astrid is a funny creature.” It was all he said in the matter.

Her saying the two thralls just cemented the idea of her parents being such. “I don’t think Njia would appreciate a thrall completely raising children. She’s a bit too proud I think.” Ciro would much rather a reaver take care of his children anyways. But once again, that was his personal preference.

When the lioness didn’t hesitate to enter his den, the male’s grin from behind grew. Did he always take advantage of other’s naivety, not always. But this opportunity was too easy to even attempt to pass up.

“So, what is it that you want in your life Ledz?” It was a deep question asked to the youngest lioness. He purred as he approached he female. His shoulder lightly rubbed up against hers, the first initial contact the male had made on the female.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:36 am
KasaiLoki

"I don't think I'd let a thrall raise cubs either." She agreed. Her context was a little skewed though because she was commenting on her own experiences where her biologicial father had mostly dumped all responsibilities on the families thralls as well as Zerrin who was not a thrall but did a good deal of thrall like work. Zerrin was a male she was closer to than her actual father and there was a twinge of annoyance in that. Nothing against Zerrin but more of a stab towards Bast'ion.

The question arose about what it was that the younger lioness wanted out of life. Her brow twitched as she thought.

"To be a strong reaver. " Was what she came up with. It was probably one of the more milk toast answers a stormborn could give as most stormborn strived for the exact same thing, but it was true.

Physical contact was not unwelcomed. Was he? Flirting? Ledz was unsure but she did not mind. Her crush on Ciro welcomed the attention but was unsure what to do so she stood awkwardly with cheeks flushed pink.

"Why.. Why ... erm," She shook her head, "I guess I should ask what it is you want with me." While yes she was naive to this sort of thing; Ledz was still Ledz and well grounded enough to ask such a straight forward question.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:14 am
Alpaca Chobi

Ciro nodded approvingly at her statement involving thralls raising cubs.

He, however, hummed at the cookie cutter answer about being a strong reaver. He pushed passed her, idly smoothing one of the pelts on the ground before turning back towards her. “Just to be a strong Reaver? Nothing more?” His golden gaze intensified as he stared at her, motioning her to approach him.

“I see great potential in you,” his voice was just above a whisper. He found his paw snaking it’s way through the air, resting on her cheek. “I think we just need to unlock it.” He dropped his paw, watching her intently. “I want to help you do that.” He saw himself a great Captain, not a reaver. “Will you allow me to do that?”

His shoulders shrugged forward. While normally a very patient lion out in the field, they were on his turf now. He held the rules to his game, and put pawns where he needed them. “Decide quickly.” He advised. “First sign of a true Reaver is the ability to make decisions fast.”  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am
KasaiLoki

"Decided. I want your help to unlock my potential," Ledz had decided. She wasn't sure what it was that Ciro fully saw in her but she wanted to polish it and make it the best it could be. The best she could be.

His words really struck at her that just being a reaver might not be enough for her. But then... What was her potential? Ledz was not a lioness looking to prove her self but she was a lioness of great unpolished skill. She didn't know what to do with her self or where to look as an end goal. She had never had a mentor guide her in any sort of direction and aimlessly went about her way.

"I promise to do my best under your guidance. " It was a warriors promise that was made and the pact was sealed.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games