Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Goodbyes are the Hardest (Ciro/Ruka/Meme)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:24 pm
Fate had one final, cruel twist for Ruka'sabili. Her dark red eyes stared down at the peacefully resting forms of four cubs. There were too many, she had realized solemnly, to take with her on the journey she had to take. She could wait until they were old enough to travel, but there was no guarantee that Ciro would let her go when the time came. The longer she spent here, the greater risk there was that her old 'master' would keep her and her cubs.

Perhaps, like her own mother, her maternal instincts were dampened. Maybe that was the reason she could even think of leaving some of them behind. But, she didn't think so. As she stared down at her cubs she could feel her heart constricting, the tears budding over her cheeks. Little wet pearls dripped onto the ground of the dark den. If only she hadn't given birth to so many - if only she could take them all with her.

But she couldn't.

A decision had already been made, but following through with it was another thing entirely. There was only one place her other cubs would be safe, though she was loathed to admit it. She hoped... he would treat them well. In time, perhaps, when she was a stronger lioness she could come back for them. But that was another idle fancy to appease the longing in her soul for a better way.

She could stay, but staying meant killing everything she was... and she would never be ready for that sacrifice. She was not some great lioness. She was just a young, lonely mother. All she had were her cubs, and she was willing to even sacrifice them for her freedom. With a sigh, she picked one young cub in her mouth. Behind her, another lioness took the other female. How she had managed to sway Memeha to help her, she'll never know... but she was never more thankful than now for her help.

Swallowing her tears, she gestured for Memeha to follow her. It was time to face Ciro, and say goodbye.

The trek to his den was long, but it did nothing to help calm down her emotions. She knew full well the act she was about to commit. Ruka was sacrificing her daughters to save her sons, but she felt that Ciro would protect them better... care for them like a father should for the entirety of their lives.

She walked into the entrance of the den and put her compliant cub down onto the ground. "Ciro. It's time."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:38 pm
Krysin

Meme hadn't been present at the time of the birth, but the next time she had come there were four wiggling little fuzzballs. She frowned when Ruka had told her the plans, almost trying to persuade her out of it.

In the end, it was the female's decision. Memeha had agreed to go with her, for two reasons. One: It was still dangerous territory for a new mother, no matter how adept they were to the roguelands. Two: she could get out. This was her chance to leave a world she never fit into.

She grabbed one of Ruka's daughter's in her maw, carrying it similarly to how she was. She didn't question, she could see how much the decision was hurting the new mom. Instead, she walked in silence, following the path Ruka led, to the row of dens Meme had known of, if not never visiting them before.

When Ruka stopped at the entrance of the den, Meme had placed the other cub next to her sister. She stayed quiet, her dark eyes watching the shadows for movement.

--

Ciro had tried his best to stay busy. He had taken the two starry cubs back to the original Captain that had given them to him, and had since moved the old pelt Ruka would stay in back to his own pile, leaving the bedding thicker.

The nest in the corner of the den was still then, even though the inhabitant of it was not in sight.

The male rustled in the den, his gold eyes practically glowing in the shadows.

"I expected you to be gone long before." The Captain murmured, eyeing the pale lioness standing behind Ruka before his gaze fell to the ground. "What's the meaning of this?" He frowned. She said she would be taking the children with her. So why were there now two small cubs at his den entrance.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 pm
Ruka sucked in a deep breath, trying to steel her nerves to survive this conversation with Ciro. She expected many things to be said, unpleasant things at that. This would not go over well with the new Captain, and quite frankly it did not sit well with her either. She stepped fully into the den to face the lion that had caused her so much misery. Now he was the lion she would entrust her flesh and blood to.

"Just, let me talk, Ciro," she spoke up again, the pain clear in her voice. Some things were just too hard to hide. "I can't take them with me. I have..." and she glanced back towards Memeha, "help, but I cannot carry all of my, our, cubs with us." This was the last thing she had expected herself to say. She was abandoning her daughters, leaving them in the care of a lion she despised. But, Ciro was capable. If he wanted to... he could raise them well.

"I am asking you to take care of our daughters. I know it is a lot, and I know you don't want to, but I'm asking anyways. Keep them safe, keep them well. If they have to grow up here of all places... just make sure they know right from wrong." The cubs were very young, but had a few good weeks with their mother. A surrogate could take over easily, and the boys she was taking with her were strong enough now to endure the travels.

If she lingered now, she'd never leave.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:24 am
The lion was silent as the other spoke. Occasionally he found his gaze drifting from hers to the lioness she referenced behind her, then back to the cubs, then back to Ruka when she had asked for help taking care of our daughters. It still was so foreign sounding to his ears, but it would be something that he would need to get used to.

There was no beating around the bush this time.

“Are you sure you don’t want to just…stay and raise them here?” The lion asked, his tone unusually quiet. His brain was processing the situation, it was evident on his face. He watched as Memeha took a step towards Ruka, giving her a little nudge.

--

Meme listened quietly from behind Ruka. It was not her place to speak, but she had bonded with the female enough to get a feel of what she was going through. When the male lion offered her to stay and raise the cubs in the Stormborn, the fading lion stepped towards Ruka, wanting her to silently know she was still here, and did not need to agree to the male’s words.

--

“Have you names them yet….?” Ciro asked after a moment, gaze once again falling to the two dark bundles. One, almost solid in color that matched his own, with Ruka’s yellow pinging through her mane and tail tufts. The other, dark in color as well, but with more Ruka characteristics, and Ciro’s flame marking. Even if he wanted to, it would be hard to pass off that particular cub as someone else’s.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:06 pm
She knew he would say it at some point, but she didn't expect it to hurt her heart so much. Ultimately, she would reject the idea. Ruka had to - she had come so far, committed too much to it. Already she had said good bye to her daughters, knowing full well she'd never see them again. "Ciro," and the name was spoken kindly for the first time in a long time. "It is time for me to go home. I saw the Eye, and she has called my pride back to our homelands. My pride, my family... it has been restored to its former glory. There is no other place for me to go but there now, and I have to go. My sons are needed there, I am needed there."

She hadn't discussed her visions with Memeha, had never mentioned any of her sight at all. But, the pain that had accompanied the birth of her children had been fully unnatural. She had seen the sprawling red sands, the high peaks of termite mounds... and a blue eye so familiar that she knew if she turned her gaze away she'd be haunted by it. The Outlands were her home, and she wanted to be there with her pride as it came into a new era.

"Yes, the little girl like you is named Koharu, and the one with wings is named Haruhi. I would like it if you kept their names as they are, but you of course can change them if they do not suit you." She turned her head to Memeha, offering the pale lioness a tired smile. She was thankful for her companion's support, and she wouldn't have been able to accomplish so much without her.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:24 pm
Krysin

The words Ruka spoke were foreign to Ciro. They had never really talked about her homelands before, just that they had fallen. Hearing that they were returned to their former glory intrigued the Captain however. He would maybe one day taking a viking band out there to explore the lands.

His ear flickered at the mention of her sons. Ours he had mentally said to himself, but refrained from expressing the thought. They would be raised her Ruka's sons. Just as these little girls would be raised as Ciro's daughters.

--

Meme listened to Ruka, never fully asking where they would be going other than Ruka's home. When she spoke about seeing the 'Eye', curiosity hit her. Did the winged female seeing dreams like Meme did? On their travels back, she would need to ask her about it, but now was not the time nor the place to do such a thing.

The lioness eyed Ciro, a small frown on her maw. So it seemed to be a struggle for both these lions. How interesting.

--

Koharu. Haruhi. Ciro mentally repeated, ears pinning back as Ruka said he could change them. "Never." He stated firmly, giving the female, Koharu, a small sniff. He would need to get them inside soon, and more so find someone to assist with raising him. They were still young, and probably could use a few more weeks of their mother's milk, but that wasn't an option for their biological parent at this time. Ciro would need to improvise, and quick.

"I will take care of them. You have my word. My only hope is that you believe that." While the two had been in arguments after arguments, prior to capture Ciro was trying to befriend Ruka.

"How long is your travel to your home?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:43 pm
"I do believe that, at least," Ruka answered solemnly. These daughters were his flesh and blood, and that was alone a good reason for Ciro to keep them out of harms' way. Ruka had to believe that he would love them and raise them to be good, otherwise it would be that much more difficult to leave them behind. If she could take them with her, she would. But it had been made clear that it wasn't an option. Nothing could sway the winged lioness from the path she had set herself on.

She was going home.

Her home had never been here, and would never be here. This had merely been a prison, meant to weaken her soul, mind, and body. "It will be long, and slow going with the cubs being so young. But we will make it to our destination." Ruka did not give him any specifics. He had received all the hints she was willing to give, and if he wanted to see them again he was on his own.

Ruka wanted to put this life behind her. Her sons would be a constant memory of Ciro's betrayal, but she could not abandon everything that had happened to her. "It will be easier on the girls if they know nothing of me. Be kind to them, and don't allow me to be a memory they idolize or resent." Her daughters were better off not knowing anything about her, as her sons were better off not knowing of their father.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:51 pm
Krysin

A nod. That was all he offered for her brief description of how long her travel would be. He had not really meant to get anything out of it, more so would it be safe to travel with such young cubs. Ciro knew the dangers the roguelands held. Half the time, it was likely due to the Viking bands. He did not want to see Ruka being dragged back here into thralldom, and his sons in tow.

Well, with Memeha with her, maybe they could get away from being captured from a Stormborn. But that still did not prevent them from other attacks.

Ciro sighed as she spoke. He did not like the outcome of the situation at hand, but there was no way he would persuade Ruka to stay. Her mind was made up, and all Ciro could do was watch a portion of his life crumble (if only so slightly) just before his eyes.

"You will take care of her, won't you?" The dark male asked, not looking at Ruka, but instead her female companion.

---

The question from the male seemed to pause the pale lioness in her thoughts. She glanced at Ruka, unsure what to actually say. Ruka was a strong lioness, she had learned this in only the few weeks they had been together. She nodded slightly.

"We should go before it gets too late." Meme told Ruka, wanting the new mother to turn first. Once she did that, it would cement the idea of her leaving her cubs behind for good.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:00 pm
"We'll be fine," Ruka assured Ciro. Sure, the trip would be dangerous, but it was a risk that she was willing to take. She needed to get her sons out of here before Ciro grew too attached to them and before the pride's influence seeped into their minds. She wanted her sons to be raised in the ideals of the Outlands. They would hopefully grow up to be more honorable lions than their father.

Her ears flicked towards Memeha, listening to the lioness' suggestion that they should get going. She was correct - there was no point in lingering any longer. It would only bring her more pain, and she had already said good bye to her daughters. She wouldn't stay for Ciro, and by the ancestors she wouldn't even stay for her children. "Good bye," she told Ciro dismissively.

It was over.

She was gone, and whatever hope there had been for the two of them making things work disappeared the moment Ruka turned her back on her daughters. Looking forward out over the distance, she walked away with her head held high. Her dark red eyes were filled with determination to embrace the journey ahead. She had to keep moving forward, for her and her son's sake.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:08 pm
Krysin

Memeha follow right after Ruka, following her posture. She had no attachment to the male, nor did she have any for the cubs. She barely knew both parties. So who she was there for was Ruka and that was it. Right now, she would be a confident lion for her sake.

---

Ciro did not speak with Ruka said goodbye. He did not speak when they turned away. He did not speak for moments after the two had disappeared just over the horizon.

He did speak when the world around him was silent. "Goodbye." he whispered, his tone broken at the thought of never meeting his sons.

He needed to get his head straight though. There was no point in moping around. He was a father, with two very small cubs to take care of. "s**t." He muttered, running into his den, pulling the pelt from the bottom layer of his bed that Ruka had slept on, to burrito his girls, making a small carrying contraption.

If there was one thing Ciro didn't know was raising cubs. He would need help. While his first thought had been Astrus and Astrid, their den was already too cramped with the six growing cubs present. He wouldn't leave them in some thralls den neither. Maybe...Maybe Njia had a better inkling of the females that could help Ciro?

Scooping up his bundles, he made his way towards the vicinity of her den, keen on asking for help.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces