Submit

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm
Freya had to admit that, with as much effort as it took to sneak an entire litter of cubs out of the pride with none the wiser, they should've probably put more thought into where they would take them.
Neither she nor Astrid could feed them, and they were definitely making noises now of hunger. Astrid had stated she would stay behind with them to see if Freya could find anything by scouting ahead, and despite her concerns with the lack of sleep in her friend's face, she made the effort to look.
She too had barely slept a few minutes before the cubs had woken her, and their every pang of hunger sent guilt racing through her blood. They were her half-siblings, and here she was starving them to death, no better than whomever had sought to get rid of their mother in cold blood.
She shook her head; now was not the time for that. Trying her best to clear the sleep from her eyes, she gazed around her surroundings, looking for anyone who might be of help. Not that she could tell them the full story, but maybe just enough for them to take pity on the cubs and take them in.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 am
User Image

Fate was pulling him to the pridelands, to his mate and he wanted nothing more than to go there. Be with her and make things right. The desire to travel was no longer with him and he managed to escape a desert - nearly unscathed - in order to come back, collect his belongings and bid this place farewell.

Had fate and luck spoken? Perhaps on his behalf. For he raised his nose to the sky as he approached the outreaching lands of the familiar territories skirting the Myrsky Syntynyt and smelled not just a lion, but the smell of a family. His nose wrinkled as he considered what it had been like for him as he fended for three cubs himself, on his own, in the wilds of the roguelands. He had found himself in many a jam before finally settling on bringing them home. Would the family be settling here? He feared for them silently and against his better judgements moved to seek out the lioness that surely was defending the brood.

"Hello?"

The single spoken word was silent. He had removed most of his goods that would make a terrible amount of noise so he could be as quiet as a hunter stalking prey. His face would startle most enough, let alone a big ol' lion with packs beyond packs. He paused his stepped, peered around with his one good eye. The other was soothed by a salve he had prepared and placed beneath the eye patch. He curious as ever to find out who he would discover.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:26 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

She'd been pacing in thought when the lion spoke, and she perked up in an instant, her gaze following the horizon until she spotted the green pelt.
Fear gripped her for a mere moment, but rather than allow him closer, she approached him first, trying to hold herself up in a tougher stance.

"Hello to you. What-"

She broke off mid-sentence and stared him down, try to make sense of what she was seeing. At first, his scars alone made her defensive, but then the coat pattern caught her attention and she found herself leaning to the side to get a better view, unable to grasp what could be an apparition to her tired mind.

"Those wings... You've... been here before, haven't you?"
She tried to keep herself calm, but her heart was racing. Could he be the one they were looking for out here? Excitement raced through her veins.
But could they trust him, after all they'd gone through to get them to this point? She took a breath audibly, considering their predicament and knowing they had no choice.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:04 pm
A dark brow raised at the sudden appearance of a rather familiar looking female. Of course she could have been familiar for many reasons, but when she started acting funny he lost his train of thought and became a little bit uncomfortable. First her eyes traced over his many scars. Each with a deeper story than the last - especially his hind leg and eye. But when her eyes fell on his distinctly marked side he eased a small amount. She must have been from home? He wondered quietly to himself on the subject before she spoke up and his ears perked forward to listen well.

"I've been here many times." He said in a bewildered tone that would have matched the slight surprise he wore on his face. Even the eye patch seemed to raise as though he was opened the empty socket beneath it. "What about my wings girl, what's your problem?" He didn't intend to sound so harsh, but he was feeling rather abrupt about the paranoid ramblings. He couldn't help but notice the excitement that coursed through the lioness. It was odd to say the least.

"Is everything alright?" He finally found himself asking her.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Freyja opened her mouth, but frowned and closed it. This was going to be hard to explain, and she knew it, but she hoped for the best.

"To be honest, I have a bit of an issue, and it may concern you, though I cannot say for sure if it does."

She met his gaze freely then, not wanting to stare like a lesser creature when it wasn't nearly as important as the issue at hand.

"My mother was due to bear cubs any day when she vanished yesterday. According to a friend of mine, some harm has befallen her and... she also admitted to me she had hidden the cubs, and that same harm could come to them..."

She took a deep breath; this was the hardest part to admit, "We snuck them out with aid from pride members and rogues alike in the night, intent on finding their father. Judging by the markings on your back, I believe it to be... you... or at least someone within your own family. It is far too similar to be a mere coincidence."

There, it was said. She would judge him here and now by his reaction before letting him anywhere near them, of course, though by his scars she knew she wouldn't be an actual match for him.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:48 pm
Ali found himself lost in confusion over her bouncing story. It very nearly seemed to have no end, only a beginning and middle. Until she reached her verbal destination and named him the father? Shock was worn well by the green lion, he hadn't been truly shocked to many times in his life, but this seemed fitting considering what had been told to him. He to opened himself mouth, frowned, shutting it again and repeating this at least once more.

"What?"

He finally managed to utter the single word to her in a quiet gasp. "What do you mean?" His golden eye eased slightly as he tried to comprehend what was going on. There were cubs involved now. This wouldn't be good news to bring home too his mate to be, a lioness he sorely missed.

"Will you show me?" He had to know for certain what she was blabbing on about. Perhaps she had the marking wrong? But it was distinctive, far to distinctive to have been seen as anything different. His stomach curled into knots, but an appearance of patience and calm washed over him.

He would figure this out.

ChexaRain

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm
She eyed him warily, but finally sighed and turned to lead the way. At least if he decided to slaughter all of them, they wouldn't starve.
"Follow me, they aren't far. You can judge for yourself if they look enough like you."
She came closer, half expecting to see squirming, restless cubs, and instead was quite surprised to find them all asleep, her friend included. She gestured to Ali for silence and crept closer, unable to keep the amused expression off her face. Astrid would be the one lioness who could let her guard down for a minute and drag the cubs down with her into blissful sleep.
Knowing her friends' sleeping habits, she easily slided well within range, gesturing to the obviously marked cubs tucked against the lionesses' side. Her gaze flicked back to Ali and her tone was hushed, though Astrid showed no signs of stirring any more than the rest of them.
"Their mother was a white lioness.... and also my mother." An undescernable look passed her features, but she quickly masked it under a contemplative one, laced with pain at their current predicament. "We can't do anything for them out here, even if we wanted to... And I don't intend to leave them on you, should you claim then your own. We can help take them as far as they need to go, being Reavers..." Astrid snored and Freya cracked a hesitant smile, "Even her."

Ctrl F Greenie

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff