[PRP] Problems [Gjenferd x Astrid]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:34 am
His mother had come back with three new cubs which should have been great news but in truth Gjenferd wasn't completely sure it was great news. There was a shift in his fathers behavior and a cold chill in the air. Gjenferd was sure that when his litter had been born Beflecken hadn't been so cold. There was this feeling of unease and Gjenferd felt there was nothing to be done about it.

His parents tended to not get along but there was a fire like passion behind them even in their weaker areas. This cold feeling was something new and something Gjenferd wanted to be as far away as possible from.

It was not up to Gjenferd what his parents relationship health was. What was up to Gjenferd was how he took care of him self and right now that was what he aimed to do. The memory of that cold chill in the air would have to be pushed further down in to the back of his mind now. If he ignored it for long enough the albino male was pretty sure the situation would go away completely. So badly he wanted the situation to go away and out of his mind.

For one, Gjenferd was a full grown adult male now so this worrying over his parents wasn't great for him. He was at that age he should be worrying about his own path in life yet here he was trying his best not to care which made the albino care all that much more.

"Gods damn it." He growled stomping a clawed paw in to the sands. Even the beaches and all their white noise couldn't seem to get the stupid thought out of his mind. There was a truth there he was avoiding. A future where his parents went their separate ways.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:33 am
Astrid had felt the crushing weight of the world repeatedly over the past few days, seeing her best friend interacting with her family much the same as usual, despite the dark cloud in the air whenever Hel and Astrid would be in the same area. She supposed, with all the stress of her mother being gone and the cubs far away, luckily in a place where even they didn't know, since they'd had help along the way to hide them.... Well, Freya was just ignorant to Astrid's inner screaming, and she was hiding it well.
Except today.

Today was a day when, looking at the skies, she was half-tempted to drown herself in the salty sea waters in which she'd seen the lioness thrown, which no one knew besides her and one other that liked to taunt her with his presence constantly, though he'd never said more than a few words to her, and she'd hoped it was out of regret.

It was in this distracted state she'd approached the beach and heard the curse, looking up and registering the white body and, at first glance, assuming it was Freyja and puffing up at the ghost.
When she came to her senses, her fur didn't seem to want to to go flat, and she tried to shake herself mentally, "Oh, I-I'm.. sorry I didn't think anyone would be...." She picked up the tense atmosphere and, rather than run, she took a step forward. "Are you... alright?"

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:52 am
ChexaRain

There was a female sounding voice that had the pale male snap back in to his body from his thoughts. This was always a jarring transition and it took a moment for Gjenferd to register just what was being said.

Was he alright ? The albino lion figured the answer would be complicated and long winded so he opted for a, "Yeah." Not quite a yes and not firmly a no and yet not a vague as a maybe. This was the perfect sum up he decided in a split moment.

"How long have you been there? I didn't realize this beach wasn't empty." His eyes focused on the female for a moment before looking down at his paws. "I mean I suppose its a big enough beach for sharing," There was a small grin on his maw but it was not a happy grin. The grin was the sort you'd give for superficial pleasantries while out around strangers. The kind of grin that made it easy to disguise any sort of emotion you'd be feeling on the inside keeping everything neatly tucked away behind a mask.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 am
Astrid's responding smile was just as brittle as his, though she was unaware of it.
"Not long... I just.... I suppose I expected it to be empty, too."
Her gaze drifted off to the open waters, a soft sigh escaping her lips after she took in a deep breath of fresh air.
The weight on her chest was still there, but in light of the lack of company, it was a little less stifling than being home.
Making a split decision with herself, she sat down, keeping a comfortable distance from the larger male.

"It's certainly quiet out here..." She murmured, looking at the cool water dreamily. "It's almost like disappearing from everything else in the world." Or everyone, she added silently, her gaze drifting back to Gjenferd. Of course, she didn't expect to be the only lion with problems among the pride, but she wouldn't force him to speak if he didn't wish to.

Alpaca Chobi

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:23 pm
ChexaRain

Gjenferd lifted his head and gave the female a puzzled look. What an odd way to phrase a feeling yet the words captured just what Gjenferd was feeling in that moment. Could it be that this female was having some kind of trouble to. The pale male got up and padded over closer to Astrid.

"Is ... something the matter?" His own problems faded in to the back of his mind at least for the time being. Seeing a lioness in possible distress was enough to have the male want to see if he could do something.

"If ... I am intruding .. I apologize. I feel ....." He sighed, "You know.. like I don't know you or anything but its a shame if somethings the matter. I'd like to help..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:01 pm
Alpaca Chobi

She offered him a small smile, "And here I had asked you the very same. I take it we both needed to escape, then." Her smile faltered and, when the weight on her chest felt like crushing her, she opened up.
"Someone I have known for a long time has done terrible things... and I cannot bring myself to tell anyone of it, much less his own family. I suppose the coward I was told I was since coming here is indeed true."
Rather than feel better, she only made herself feel worse with the realization that Freyja was right, and it took her death to see it.
She shook her head, "And yet, I manage to tell you of it in part, a complete stranger to me... I'm sure you have your own woes, and here I am to take away your little moment of peace."

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 pm
ChexaRain

"Terrible things?" This sort of thing was not unheard of in the stormborn. There were some needlessly violent lions among their ranks as the pride favored those who were strong. Of course, like most prides, the stormborn had their rules on what was and wasn't tolerated but even so Gjenferd had heard some stories of things getting out of paw before. Especially for thralls.

"Oh. Uh.... " It was true the two were strangers but Gjenferd hadn't thought anything about it until it was pointed out. "Well... I mean we can say nothing we say will leave the beach if you need to vent. I think this is a pride that ... it has its members that can be questionable," That was the best he could say.

"My thing is family related. Pretty sure my mom cheated on my dad. I'm pretty sure he knows too and I don't think they'll be together much longer." He wondered if he said his thing if it would put this 'stranger' at ease. It was strange he felt the need to comfort her.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:59 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Astrid frowned, a sad look passing over her face, "I am so sorry for your family, to be broken up in such a way...." She pitied him for a mere moment before sighing, "I may not look it, but I'm actually a Reaver." She gave an eyeroll, "I have a best friend here, one of few, who made sure I was worth my salt in one way or another... The one I speak of is her son, whom I've seen from a cub as my nephew and who-" She broke off to catch her bearings.

Murmuring to herself that it was the beach, she found the strength to continue, "I've seen him murder his own grandmother, and he knew I witnessed it.... and then he.... cornered me, as if to further add to my shame and inability to tell his own mother of what he has done, and... took advantage of me." A tear slid from her cheek and she growled, quickly swiping it from her face. "I understand we are a pride of strong lions, but that? He has crossed a line that goes beyond trying to prove yourself."

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:18 pm
ChexaRain

Perspective came filtering in to Gjenferds situation. All of a sudden he felt a little silly for moping about what his parents were doing and felt a great deal of concern for this female here.

The tear upon this females cheek hit his brain before the information fully absorbed. A tenderness inside of him that he hated admitting he had took over. He reached a paw out and softly brushed the tear away. This behavior was not something he normally would have had when he was younger but admittedly , to his mothers annoyance, he'd grown a little more soft with age.

"Murder you say? Thats ... I'm... Wow." He blinked a little overwhelmed by the information.

"I'm pretty sure... Murder is frowned upon here a great deal. Murdering one of our own especially.... but I take it you're confiding in me because you don't want to call attention to your situation." He looked thoughtful for a moment. The two had made a promise not to have information leave this beach after all and after a pact like that you couldn't go back on it. Damn. His sense of honor was too much to bring unwanted attention to this situation.

"What can I do to help you?" He offered.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:49 pm
Alpaca Chobi

She offered him a grateful look, half-tempted to turn into his touch for the comfort of it, "If I could prove anything was done, I'm sure I would've said something by now to the Warlord. My situation.... "She frowned, trying to consider her options, "I'm afraid even I don't know."

At his offer to help, she formed a small wrinkle in the shape of a 'v' between her brows, "I wish I knew the answer to that. I can hope nothing comes of it, but erasing it from history, much less my memory, isn't quite possible."

She turned her gaze out over the churning waters, a small smile warming her features, "All this, and we didn't even exchange names. Such fearsome, born of the storm creatures we must be."

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:54 pm
ChexaRain

It was true that there was no proof of what happened and Gjenferd only had the word of a stranger to go on that there had infact been a murder at all. Gjenferd was still young despite being fully grown and that gave him little life experience to know when you should rush full headed in to believing some one or not. Still, he trusted this lioness for some reason and couldn't imagine her lying about something like this.

"Well...." He looked a little lost and helpless that he wasn't fully able to aid her just yet.

"Well.... I believe you and.... Ummmmmm......." Oh yeah! Names.

"Gjenferds my name." He offered, "At the very least I can give you that."  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:52 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Astrid smiled, the first genuine one she'd had all day to spare. "I thank you for that."
She gave it a considerable amount of thought before adding, "To be honest, I wouldn't just mind your company. It's already helped me considerably, and I find it would be only fair if you could share with me as well what troubles you."
She looked around the beach for good measure, "We've got all the daylight hours in the world out here, and I've told you a great deal about my life that I haven't shared elsewhere."
She nudged him lightly in the shoulder, "I can't be the open book and expect you to bear the weight of it all and your own... I assume you love your parents very much for it to bother you to see them separate."

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:59 pm
ChexaRain
This should end this rp : D

"You're right I've been pretty selfish soaking up your story and not giving you some of my own," He sighed a little feeling a tinge of guilt.

"We do have all day after all..." The corners of his mouth twitched a little in to that of a smile. A real one.

"So..." He began. And for hours he sat with this female on the beach just talking and letting out feelings. Some related to what had him upset and others that were merely thoughts he was having. It was easy to talk to this female for some reason. Something Gjenferd never had. A real female friend.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games