[PRP] A little illumination [Ezyzu, Erastan, and Dragons]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 am
Changing glows for today’s chore? Not the worst! It was a slow chore, needing to go around as a pair to collect the old glows as the other refilled them. Glows were necessary so that traveling the stone tunnels could be made much safer and easier with light to guide them. Ezyzu starts to gather her long hair up, twisting and tying up the long, curled locks tucked up off her neck and out of her face while she worked. There was an idle thought, a half muse to possibly consider cutting it now that she was much more busy as a weyrling. Plus, with the hot season approaching..

I quite like it long. Khamaith’s head nuzzled against her thigh as they walked towards the supply room.

Ezyzu smiled, gently scritching her eye ridges as they walked. “It’s only a thought, and my hair would grow back eventually, my sunshine.” Khamaith looked up at the length of tamed hair, as if either judging whether it could indeed grow back--or how her rider would look with shortened hair. The discussion didn’t get to go any further as they arrived at the stockroom, shuffling into the back to the large buckets of glows and the large empty ones next to them. Time to get to it, she supposed.

Carrying a full and empty bucket at the same time would be an imbalanced chore for the first leg, but would even out as they went. But she was built enough that carrying the buckets wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Sinders Path
I rewrote this three times, for some reason this starter just wanted to be stubborn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:40 am
"We're gunna be late and fall behind." Aspalath complained, for once running slightly ahead of his rider in an effort to beat then next candle mark.
No matter how nervous the blue was, his anxiety over not keeping their schedule topped it. The blue dragon simply hated being late to anything.

"I know, I know. I'm coming. But it's fine, we can make up time on the chore, so we won't be late to next class." He promised trying to placate his dragons fretting, it had not been his fault that the previous chore had been cutting up meat for the next few days feedings. Butchering a large herd beast carcass was till a relatively new skill for him. It had taken time to wash away the gore sticking to his hands after, and he had not wanted to attract undue attention by running through the halls looking like he had just departed a murder scene.

He felt Aspalath calm but he still didn't cease his quick trot towards the storage closet and Erastan had to jog behind him to keep up. At least changing glows was a fairly simple task, easy enough to make up time on if they hurried. However as they passed a time candle Erastan noted they were only a few minutes behind anyway.
However both dragon and rider were under the shared illusion that they would be completing the task alone.

When Aspalath reached the open storage door and saw who was inside he instantly skidded to a halt. His eyes suddenly tinted yellow in alarm and he tucked his wings and tail in protectively to his body turning shy. Luckily Erastan was close behind and arrived to offer him support. Aspalath quickly wound himself around his riders legs, taking comfort from contact.

Erastan put a comforting hand to his head without thinking but his gaze was transfixed by the pair inside the small supply room. "You're that gold." Erastan stated bluntly "The one that made my sister cry." He frowned. "Not a very bad cry though." Erastan, ever the sparkling conversationalist. The lessons Liat was trying to impart on him about how to deal with people had a long way to go. The golds new rider was largely ignored.

Prism Shine
No worries, thankyou for starting! heart

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am
Both rider and dragon started slightly, hearing the skid of halted feet. Ezyzu had paused in her scooping of the glows into the fresh basket, surprised to see that they weren’t alone in their assigned task. Oh, that was the little blue that had been startled at the hatching by another candidate! She’d been so happy to see he had impressed, and seeing him now was a nice surprise--even if he looked scared at their presence.

But the other weyrling’s address had taken Khamaith more by surprise. Oh, yes.. This was Etansi’s brother, was he not? Her wings drooped slightly, and the little gold shuffled. I didn’t mean to make her cry. It’s soft, gentle. An affirmation. I was worried for her. She seemed very.. lost. I was worried she would close herself off, and block out Hers. But they just weren’t at this hatching. There’s a steady warmth in her tone. Etansi would find hers, a firm belief in her mind. Timing had just not been right, it seemed. But the nipping worry in her mind since the hatching hadn’t abated with time, so perhaps some time she ought to relieve that. I only want to help everyone.

Her gaze drifted down, to the little blue hiding by a pair of legs. Khamaith gently folded herself up, lowering her head a bit to make herself seem a bit smaller. Hello brother, She’s calm and sweet, trying to convey that calming warmth that she wanted to share with everyone. It’s good to see you. How have you been?

Ezyzu watched the exchange out of the corner of her eye, making sure Khamaith was okay and holding her own. They were fellow weyrlings, yet chore schedules hadn’t given her much time to get to know her fellow weyrlings. But she was quite content to let her gold find her voice, instead dragging over a second basket to begin filling with fresh glows so they both would be ready to start their chore.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 am
Prism Shine

Erastan sighed and his insides shriveled with guilt. He had not meant to put the burden of his twins sadness on the little gold. "Not your fault." He promised her. "It was because I left her. I had to. But it was very hard for both but easier for me because I had Aspalath to go to." He looked down at the blue and ran a hand down his neck so he knew it wasn't his fault either. Before the blue the twins had been near enough codependent. They still were in many ways, but now he had another precious life to take care of they had been forced apaart, and that had broken them both a little. "When you spoke to her it just...." He trailed off struggling to find the words. "Made it hard to hold back the sadness." However he was pleased that this gold to seemed to have a firm belief his sister was meant to impress. Just like Vosin's great queen when she had searched them.

However gentle the voice Aspalath still shied away from it. He always felt slightly nervous when talk of the hatching came up, the separation of the twins. It had been his fault, even if Erastan insisted other wise. However he did not want to seem rude. "Greetings sister. I am well thankyou." He promised while he remained closer to his riders side and mostly hidden. He just felt better having a block between him and others.

Erastan did not engage with the young queens rider, instead he eyed her up and down then slowly reached out to take one of the full basket of empty glows, plus an empty one which he handed to Aspalath to hold between his teeth so the young dragon could feel like he was helping, though he would relieve him of it once it started getting any real weight to it.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces