[PRP] Head in the Sand (Nadry/Illa) [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:57 am
"I will." She accepted the instructions with a solemn nod; like everything else Illa had ever told her to do, it would be done. As someone who had never had much to live up to in the way of expectations (and she had thrown those particular expectations right out the window), she would have been perfectly satisfied with just being a good rider, or at least not a disappointment or liability, but Illa not only expected better, she believed that she could be the best. Nadry knew she wasn't just saying it to say it, and that made all the difference in the world.

"I think that was all," she confirmed with another nod. "We are, yes, and we practice outside lessons, too." With their first real Threadfall looming ever closer, it was all adding up, and before long they'd be real riders in real wings. That was a terrifying prospect in and of itself - who knew where she might end up?

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am

The kid was her pride and joy. Illa leaned down, clapping a hand on Nadry's shoulder, and squeezed. "You're goin' t' do me proud, I just know it. You've both come so far. An' you've got far t' go. Just keep on tryin' an' keep on tryin' again." The girl had a good head on her shoulders - sometimes she just needed to be reminded of that fact.

It reminded her of her own days as a trainee under V'kas's tutelage. What a journey that had been! And of course there was no chance of things going that way with Nadry. No, Illa wanted to see her grow into an independent, empowered woman.

With another squeeze, she split away, raising a hand in salute, and let herself out of the girl's weyr. It was time to go explain her absence to the weyrmate that she'd left in her own weyr. And wouldn't that be fun? If ever I had a son, I would want him to be you, Fenrith informed Menankith in parting, and then his attention was returned to his lady.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items