Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Your Brother is Stupid (Astriana and Marinel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Astriana was busy working on cleaning the outside of the windows for the candidate barracks. She figured it would be best to keep herself busy, when she couldn't be talking to her family and friends. So any chores she could sign up for, she was doing during the times everyone was busy with other things. Then, when they got their rest days or breaks, she would go talk with them. It worked for everyone involved.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:02 pm
Marinel hadn't been eager for chores, but it was something to do when he couldn't go see his brother. D'mar was usually busy with weyrling lessons, and when he wasn't, well. Mari didn't see much of him then, either.

He had a bucket of water and was washing the outside of the candidate barracks' windows. "Hey, you're Astri, right?" he looked over at the girl who was working with him. "I'm Marinel."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:23 pm
Astriana looked over when she heard a voice speaking near her. She hadn't even realized someone else was working on the windows as well. Giving a small nod of her head, she let him know that was who she was. Even before he introduced herself, once her ice blue eyes were on him, she knew who he was. This was D'mar's twin brother. She wasn't sure how this guy even stood his twin, when he was so conceited.

"I didn't realize someone else had been given this chore,"she spoke, her voice as hard as steel.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:36 pm
“I didn’t either, till I saw you,” Marinel offered her a smile. He wasn’t even a bit put off by the tone of her voice. He’d dealt with this sort of thing the majority of his life, and simply beamed. “I guess they thought it’d be done quicker if there was more than one candidate doing it.”

Or maybe they’d wanted to encourage socialization; either way, Marinel didn’t seem to mind. “What do you do you do when you’re not washing windows?” He asked. He didn’t know her all that well, but he remembered seeing her at the last Hatching.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:51 pm
Astriana shrugged, maybe they had figured it would be done quicker, she didn't know. Though she was quite capable of doing it all by herself, she didn't need the help. That and it wasn't like she wanted it to be done too quickly, it helped her kill time til she could spend it with someone. She didn't have a choice though, she respected the candidatemaster, who more than proved he was qualified for this job.

"Usually I am working with my firelizards or spending time with the handful of people I trust,"she said quite simply. She went back to washing the windows, wondering if he would continue talking.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 pm
“Oh, you have firelizards?” Marinel asked, cheerily. “Do you train them? I have two, but they don’t do too much. Sometimes I can get them to take letters to my brother and things, but that’s about it. What do your firelizards do?” He was always curious to see what people had managed to train their pets.

“Do you know my brother?” He asked.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 am
"I do, yes, I am an Apprentice Beastcrafter, but have my own too. It takes work, but they can be trained to do different things, letter delivery being just one of them. Some have been learned to see for others, some bring supplies in healing. You have to be patient with them. As for your brother, I do,"she spoke calmly, though there was an icy tone as he spoke about knowing D'mar. She didn't know if the other would catch her less than thrilled tone when admitting she knew the other's twin.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 am
“Really? Do you think you could teach me to train my two?” He had doubts about Liasa’s Intelligence, but maybe his baby brown...

Nope, Marinel completely missed the icy tone. His brother was one of his favorite topics. “Dolly has two firelizards too. Halfmark’s really well trained, he comes to me if I have food, though. That’s how we found each other, really.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:53 pm
Astriana mentally shook her head as it seemed the other had completely missed her tone. He went on to speak about his brother as if the blonde wanted to hear about the man. Nothing could be further from the truth, obviously Marinel was very slow on social cues. Her focus stayed on the windows as he babbled on, before she decided she should answer, even if just for her sanity.

"I suppose I could, if you want. As for your brother, yes, I did know about one of his firelizards,"she replied. That was all she said, though continued to roll her eyes in her head.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:18 pm
"So you must be his friend then," Mari smiled. "Halfmark and Liasa helped us find each other, even if Liasa is dumb most of the time. Halfmark and I were friends before, he really likes to eat. Did you help Dolly train him?"

He was always happy to meet a friend of Dolly's.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 pm
"No, anything his firelizard learned was all on his own. And Liasa may just need your help with training, they really can learn plenty. You have to take the time to train them properly though. They are not going to automatically know what you want unless they are taught,"she explained calmly.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:32 pm
“Oh. I’ll try, then,” Mari said, and gave Ash a smile. “So if you don’t know him because of his firelizard, how do you know my brother?” For surely they were friends. Dolly had a way of charming people.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces