Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 pm
◈ || Roleplay Contest || ◈
Tell me a story!

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

Welcome to one of the three contests for the Ukuhlwa'Izwe Grand Opening Meta Event! This event is for people with two or less Outlanders only.

Opens: Now
Closes: Sunday, April 15th (at 11:59 PM EST)

Event ToC
1. The Grand Opening ORP (for current members)
2. The Duel Tournament (multiple prizes for winners)
3. The CYOA Raffle (a prize for the winner)

If you have any questions about this or the other events, please PM or DM Felyn. (Discord: Felyn#3392)

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm
◈ The Grand Prize: Azisa ◈

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Azisa
Meaning: Treat with Respect
Inheritance Position: 3rd (behind Kethiwe and Amachwane)
Unique: Azisa is Queen Ashiki's only daughter.

Life: Azisa and her siblings were born during the Queen's pilgrimage through the rogue lands. Although they never knew their father it has never really mattered much to them with such a headstrong matron. Their mother expects a lot of them and, over the years, they have heard the stories of their ancestors and their homelands repeatedly so that they will be prepared for their role once they return home.

What is she like? That is up to you.

◈ Overview and Rules ◈

In this event, anyone that does not currently own an Outlands pride member can put their creativity to the test in a roleplay and concept contest to win Azisa. Please be advised that knowing and understanding the pride values will be a crucial part of success!

It will also be organized a little differently than most roleplay contests and, in fact, some parts of it will have very little to do with roleplay at all. There will be three categories total, each one dealing with a different part of Azisa's life. You must complete ALL categories for the entry to be valid.

Keep in mind that there are also a few little rules that I need everyone to read and remember as this event plays out.
      1. This is for Outlands Newbies ONLY - if you already own a member in the pride then you can't compete, sorry!
      2. You can edit your answers up until the day that the contest closes.
      3. You can fill out a partial form and edit in the rest at a later date, HOWEVER, only entries that meet the completion criteria will be considered!
      4. You may not give away the prize if you win
      5. No proxies

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

◈ Prompt and Form ◈

As stated above, the prompt for this contest has THREE sections. You must fill out each section to the best of your ability and post it before the contest deadline for it to be valid. Below is a brief overview and explanation of the prompt but don't worry about copy/pasting anything from the overview itself. The form for you to use is below in a spoiler tag, I just think it's easier to read something in plain old text without coding tags.

Section One: Personality Blurb
      In as many or as few words as you'd like, give me an overview of who Azisa is. Some things to think about while you are writing this are: virtues and flaws, her relationship with her family, ambitions and goals, how she feels about being home after a life of being a rogue princess, etc.

Section Two: Prompt Response
      Instead of writing out a traditional prompt response, we are going to do an old fashioned Myspace style quiz (with a few alterations, of course). You must answer AT LEAST 8 of the following 10 questions from Azisa's point of view:

1. Do you have any nicknames?
      2. What is your favorite food?
      3. What is your favorite color?
      4. What is your favorite flower?
      5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
      6. If you could meet one lion, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
      7. What is your most embarrassing moment?
      8. What is your favorite memory?
      9. Where is your favorite place to visit?
      10. If you could have one wish, what it would be?

Section Three: Heart Colors
      Last, I want you to go to http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes and choose ONE palette that you feel represents Azisa's aura. This means the colors do not necessarily have to match her outward appearance but should, instead, sync with your idea of who she is on the inside.

If you have any questions, please let me know! Otherwise, click on the spoiler tag below to copy and paste the code to get started.

[center][color=#64210F][b]◈ This is the Story of a Girl ◈[/b][/color][/center]

[color=#64210F][b]Section One - Personality Blurb[/b][/color]
(Write a personality blurb in as many or as few words as you like.)

[color=#64210F][b]Section Two - Prompt Response[/b][/color]
(Choose at least EIGHT of the following TEN questions and answer them from Azisa's point of view. Do not delete the questions.)
[b]1.[/b] Do you have any nicknames?
[b]2.[/b] What is your favorite food?
[b]3.[/b] What is your favorite color?
[b]4.[/b] What is your favorite flower?
[b]5.[/b] If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
[b]6.[/b] If you could meet one lion, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
[b]7.[/b] What is your most embarrassing moment?
[b]8.[/b] What is your favorite memory?
[b]9.[/b] Where is your favorite place to visit?
[b]10.[/b] If you could have one wish, what it would be?

[color=#64210F][b]Section Three - Heart Colors[/b][/color]
(Go to [url=http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes]http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes[/url] and choose a palette that reminds you of Azisa's spirit)

◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈-◈

Open!

Being that there are NO APPLICATIONS thus far, I am changing our rules from newbies-only to anyone with 2 or less Outlands members! If we still have no applications by closing time tomorrow night, Azisa will be rolled as a second grand prize in the CYOA raffle.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:05 am
◈ This is the Story of a Girl ◈

Section One - Personality Blurb
Azisa thinks herself the most blessed of all lionesses. Not only does she have the privilege and status that most can only dream of; but being the third born she does not have the strict responsibilities that the Prince has. More so, she is surrounded by three very single brothers, with no other female to compete for their attention. Though she is proud and regal; she is not cruel. There is a softness to her heart that she usually hides behind sarcasm and proper manners, but is easily spotted by her siblings. Yet, at her core, there is an Outlander and all the bravery and ferociousness that comes with it; her kind heart and dreamy aura should never be mistaken as a sign of weakness. Her flaws (though she will not admit them) fall in the realm of apathy and distraction, she has a hard time thinking of anyone outside her family as more than a tool - and though she is not easy, often finds her attention drifting to settle on mischief and fantasy.

Section Two - Prompt Response
(Choose at least EIGHT of the following TEN questions and answer them from Azisa's point of view. Do not delete the questions.)

A Princess is worth the effort of two syllables. As cubs, my brothers used to call me Zeza because their mouths often worked quicker than their brains. In private it sometimes slips out, but earns them an scowl.

2. What is your favorite color?
Green, especially offset against a dark red or black pelt.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
You can not build on perfection, dear.

4. If you could meet one lion, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Scar, obviously. Who wouldn’t?

5. What is your most embarrassing moment?
We are not going to talk about these things, and do not even think about asking my brothers. They know where their loyalty lies.

6. What is your favorite memory?
Returning home, seeing it for the first time; recent maybe but, it will stick with me forever.

7. Where is your favorite place to visit?
I am partial to long walks in elephant boneyards, there is something so elegant and romantic about the idea that these giants can not only sense when their time is near, but travel to lay alongside their ancestors. Too peaceful a death for an Outlander, but there is something so dignified about it that my heart flutters. If anybody wishes to take me on a date; this would be the idea. Thank you very much.

8. If you could have one wish, what it would be?
To see the Pride flourish, but on a more self-indulging level I would very much like to see all of my brothers happily married, and if I could have a hand in the matchmaking then it would be all the better. Especially Kethiwe; he seems so utterly disinterested in the idea that it would be as challenging as it would be amusing.

Section Three - Heart Colors
Regal, romantic, elegant, proud, mature, timeless.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Azisa is not a soft coddled princess, she is bold and brave determined to prove she is just as powerful as her brothers if not more so. She is ready to make her mother see her as a warrior princess, not some cub still wet behind the ears.

1. Do you have any nicknames? No nick names are a waste of time. My given name is the only thing you may call me.
2. What is your favorite food? Whatever I can hunt or find on my own or with a hunting party, it doses not pay to be picky in the Outlands.
3. What is your favorite color? Red the color of blood
4. What is your favorite flower? I don't care about flowers, I care about duels and increasing my skills.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why? I would be the firstborn so I could become queen.
6. If you could meet one lion, dead or alive, who would it be and why? Simba so I could test my skills as a fighter and see if I am greater than Scar himself.
7. What is your most embarrassing moment? As if I would tell anyone
8. What is your favorite memory? The first kill I made on my own
9. Where is your favorite place to visit? The gorge I love watching the strange green gas rising into the air. It makes me think of Scar and the power I want to gain and the legend I hope to someday surpass.
10. If you could have one wish, what it would be? I would be the firstborn, I would be more powerful than my brothers. Become the queen of the Outlands and show the pride what I am made of.

Blod earth and blood  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Azisa is proud but not in an unruly manner. She's simply proud of everything her mother and their pride has accomplished together and she likes to express it towards the others, encouraging them to be the best that they can be.

Learning early on that you can't be good at everything she realized that sometimes it wasn't about being the BEST, but just being your best you and she's one to preach that to anyone who thinks down upon themselves.

She's loyal and noble with a kind heart but strong words. While she can be gentle she can have a fierceness about her that will make you stand back, mouth open and eyes wide. She will fight for what she believes in and she's not afraid to express it in any form.

Most lions just call me Azzy, if they are comfortable enough to do so. I would have to say that's probably the only nickname I've incurred so far.

It would have to be Gazelle. There is something tangy about them that I like.

You know those amber-orange spots Giraffe's have? That's my favorite color, there is a harmony to it that I like.

It would definitely be Sugarbushes.

I'd want to be a better hunter. I'm still not very good at it, despite all my practice.

Taka. I'd want to know his story first paw and get an insight to his mind and what it was like for him from his own point of view and not from the view of others and what they remember of him.

There was the one time that we were out hunting and I was the one who was supposed to ambush the prey as the other's chased. Well, I missed and ended up tackling one of the other hunters. It was so embarrassing.

To be honest, it would be my mother. She's taught us so much and been there for us through so much and she is and will always be my favorite memory.

There was this spot in the roguelands that I had found while we were in an area for a short time. It wasn't anything overly special but it was peaceful and beautiful. A small stream wrapping around a rock formation with a couple of wild plants growing near it. I used to go there at night and watch the stars and listen to the water. It was wonderful.

For there to be peace and harmony for the pride. It's a stretch, I know, but it is what I want for my pride mates.

boop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 am

Being the only girl of the Queen's litter, Azisa is well aware of the strong matriarch and intimidating advisers she has to look up to. She yearns to be as fierce and respected as they are, though sometimes feels pressure that she will not be able to measure up to their nobility.

While perfectly willing to take the throne in the event something devastates the line of succession, with two brothers ahead of her Azisa hardly expects to. Instead, she's become accustomed to working 'behind the scenes' of the pride and - where she can get away with it - her family. Part of insinuating herself into the pride is knowing as much as she can about everybody. Azisa likes to keep her paw on the pulse of the pride, staying on top of of goings-on and popular gossip. She's interested in getting to know everyone, establishing a rapport from the Viziers down through the Unsorted. This might result in her having a more relaxed relationship with pride members as a whole, but she's alright with that. As far as she's concerned, Kethiwe and the Queen can be the face of the Outlands; she will be the lioness that the pride thinks to go to when something goes wrong.

Although thirdborn, she is more prone to act the part of the older sister among her brothers, which includes a tendency to nose about in their lives - for their own good, of course. She'll likely be a proper terror to any lionesses that happen to catch her brothers' attention: coming from a fearsome mother herself, she will want to make certain her brothers take wives who are nothing less than dynamic. Azisa will tolerate no weak links along the line of Scar, and will only settle for the best of the best herself as well - in theory, anyway. In practice, she'll likely keep herself so preoccupied with duty that she'll need to be seriously hit over the head with any affections (possibly literally).

Given her overly-attentive nature and love for her pride, she'll most likely take her place as an Eye (provided she is not a Seer) when the time comes for her to step fully into the threefold system. Ambition would surely see her try to climb in status.

No. My mother gave me my name for a reason, and I haven't yet earned one that could prove greater.

Guinea hen. They're so tiny, and I love playing with the feathers. Such a pity they're so prevalent over in the Pridelands...

Red, bright red. It's the color of a fight won, a color lions love and fear. Well, lions in this pride, anyway.

My favorite...? Alright, strange question, but you're right. I do have one. It's a little tree that grows out in the savanna, produces the most lovely berries. Very red. I watched a jackal eat some - about a pawful - before it fell over, convulsing. Isn't that interesting?

5. If you could meet one lion, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
The right answer is Taka, obviously - but perhaps I might like to meet Mufasa, instead. I might like to look into the mind of one who could so thoroughly betray his own blood.

Standing beside my mother as she welcomed our pride back home. Everything she said was right, and we will make it so. This is only the beginning for us!

Do you remember that little tree I mentioned? It grows in a nice field, surrounded by stones. Other trees grow beside it, hiding it from view and making shade beneath their branches. The edges of the termite mounds are just visible on the horizon. I would like to go back there again, someday.

Why wish? I want to see our line grow strong, and my family flourish. I'm going to make it happen, not waste time with wishing.

Azisa's soul is proud, willful, analytical, compassionate, winsome and ruthless.  

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:48 am

If one had to pick a single word with which to describe Azisa, it would be "intense." Only her best effort will do, as she abides no half-measures. She extends this demanding nature to those below her; there will be no slacking under her watch, thank you very much. She has a perfectionist streak a mile wide, which is both boon and weakness--she's going to get things done and well, but she won't be done until it's done right. She is also the very opposite of a diplomat, preferring to command through sheer force of will.

No. None that any would dare utter to my face, in any case.
Red meat, the fresher the better. What, you wanted something specific? Too bad.
The blazing yellow of the sun overhead, hot enough to burn.
The acacia..the flowers themselves are a nice yellow, and it grows its own thorns to defend itself. An admirable plant.
I would make myself stronger and faster than even my training has made me.
Any true Outlander would wish to meet Scar. He is the progenitor of our pride, and my own direct ancestor. There is much I would wish to learn from him.
Absolutely not.
Returning to the lands, our lands. Tales do not compare to the reality.
I've found a place, where one might survey the Pridelands and the way the shadow of the termite mounds stretches across the border. It is a lovely place to contemplate how one might subvert the line of Mufasa and place the rightful bloodline upon their throne.
To see our birthright reclaimed within my lifetime. A stretch, to be sure, but isn't that why it's a wish?

Every inch the warrior princess.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:01 pm
*This Contest is Now OVER*

And our winner is...

Anderleit

Being the only girl of the Queen's litter, Azisa is well aware of the strong matriarch and intimidating advisers she has to look up to. She yearns to be as fierce and respected as they are, though sometimes feels pressure that she will not be able to measure up to their nobility.

While perfectly willing to take the throne in the event something devastates the line of succession, with two brothers ahead of her Azisa hardly expects to. Instead, she's become accustomed to working 'behind the scenes' of the pride and - where she can get away with it - her family. Part of insinuating herself into the pride is knowing as much as she can about everybody. Azisa likes to keep her paw on the pulse of the pride, staying on top of of goings-on and popular gossip. She's interested in getting to know everyone, establishing a rapport from the Viziers down through the Unsorted. This might result in her having a more relaxed relationship with pride members as a whole, but she's alright with that. As far as she's concerned, Kethiwe and the Queen can be the face of the Outlands; she will be the lioness that the pride thinks to go to when something goes wrong.

Although thirdborn, she is more prone to act the part of the older sister among her brothers, which includes a tendency to nose about in their lives - for their own good, of course. She'll likely be a proper terror to any lionesses that happen to catch her brothers' attention: coming from a fearsome mother herself, she will want to make certain her brothers take wives who are nothing less than dynamic. Azisa will tolerate no weak links along the line of Scar, and will only settle for the best of the best herself as well - in theory, anyway. In practice, she'll likely keep herself so preoccupied with duty that she'll need to be seriously hit over the head with any affections (possibly literally).

Given her overly-attentive nature and love for her pride, she'll most likely take her place as an Eye (provided she is not a Seer) when the time comes for her to step fully into the threefold system. Ambition would surely see her try to climb in status.

No. My mother gave me my name for a reason, and I haven't yet earned one that could prove greater.

Guinea hen. They're so tiny, and I love playing with the feathers. Such a pity they're so prevalent over in the Pridelands...

Red, bright red. It's the color of a fight won, a color lions love and fear. Well, lions in this pride, anyway.

My favorite...? Alright, strange question, but you're right. I do have one. It's a little tree that grows out in the savanna, produces the most lovely berries. Very red. I watched a jackal eat some - about a pawful - before it fell over, convulsing. Isn't that interesting?

5. If you could meet one lion, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
The right answer is Taka, obviously - but perhaps I might like to meet Mufasa, instead. I might like to look into the mind of one who could so thoroughly betray his own blood.

Standing beside my mother as she welcomed our pride back home. Everything she said was right, and we will make it so. This is only the beginning for us!

Do you remember that little tree I mentioned? It grows in a nice field, surrounded by stones. Other trees grow beside it, hiding it from view and making shade beneath their branches. The edges of the termite mounds are just visible on the horizon. I would like to go back there again, someday.

Why wish? I want to see our line grow strong, and my family flourish. I'm going to make it happen, not waste time with wishing.

Azisa's soul is proud, willful, analytical, compassionate, winsome and ruthless.

Thank you to everyone else for participating and making this event a success! There will be other opportunities to win some traditional Outlands blood in the future so stay tuned! smile  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces