Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[PRP] A Spotted Debate (Muladhara & Tamin'naur)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:54 pm
User Image
So it was done, then.

Markings naturally disposed to locking the burnished copper lioness' features into a snarl curved, almost happily, into their token shape. Muladhara's curled lips revealed fangs, bared at the thought of what her pride had just done. What each lion within their ranks who had chosen any pebble but the obviously correct black had just allowed to happen. A growl, little more than a whisper, escaped the basking female's clenched jaws.

Leopards. She seethed, though quietly. Ears that flicked back flush against her skull gradually became the only sign of her displeasure as Mu fought to regain her composure. Leopards as demons. She could be as wrathful about it as she pleased - and she would, for how could it be anything but the wrong choice? - but as meiv'seere, she could hardly be seen reacting to a decision of the pride so violently. She could not be seen as anything but objective.

Even if the very idea made her want to spit.

Yet angry as she was, there was another all too eager to console her. A ridge of fur rippled all along Mu's darker spine as Az, the demon ever-present within her spirit, was quick to apply her own brand of logic to the tumultuous lioness. Their position was everything, the demon within whispered. What would happen if she was called upon to mediate for one of the maneless pretenders, hm? What then? Her place within the pride was the key to their power: one that they would certainly lose if they could not maintain impartiality.

As always, Mu was forced to admit that her demon was correct. That as it may, she did not have to like this...unfortunate new development. And outside of the public eye - present afternoon of relaxation excluded - she certainly did not intend to take the whole debacle lying down.

Rhea Izar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:58 pm
Anderleit

User Image

Tamin watched as a red lioness seemed to seethe and get angry at the choices of the pride. Curious, he followed her. She was a meiv'seere and he had seen her around before, but never really spoke with her. Her markings were beautiful and impressive, and he could tell she was as firey as her fur.

"Excuse me?" He piped up from behind her carefully, before padding up beside her, his blue striped tail giving a friendly flick. "You seem troubled about the new development. Would you like to talk about it?" He questioned. He was curious about her, and thought that perhaps if she saw why he had put down a gray stone, she may understand.

His own demon seemed interested in her as well. She was powerful and intimidating, and he liked that.  

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Muladhara whipped around, crystal-blue eyes narrowing. At the sight of the snowy-maned male, she relaxed marginally. Mentally, she cursed; Az laughed softly, derisively, in response. Of course, what should befall her but just the sort of thing she'd been hoping against?

She was wise enough to remain courteous, however. There was something about him... Mu paused, her features gentling some out of consideration. Perhaps it was in the face, or his eyes. Maybe something familiar about his coloring? Whatever it was, there were reminders of their Eska'sheleran sown throughout this fellow. "Alright," she replied, drawing the word out a bit. Even the chance that he'd been chil once was reason enough for her to step lightly. "Let's chat for a moment, then." As lightly as she ever did, anyway.

"I am troubled, as you mentioned. I assume it's not hard to see." It took a moment for her to continue. When she did, her voice was deeper than usual and leaden with irritation. "But it's the principle of the thing, you understand? All our lives, we have been taught that it is the strength of the lions' soul that contains and empowers our demons. In return, they aid and strengthen us. And the very idea that...leopards...!" Her brows furrowed again, and she fell furiously silent. A measured breath helped to smooth the channel between her eyes, but did nothing to help her find her voice.

Rhea Izar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:37 am
The male considered her carefully, giving a small nod. "I understand what you mean...the idea was foreign and strange to me as well...however, I went out and spoke with some others, including leopards." He explained, sitting down and getting comfortable, a bit less formal. "I chose a gray stone. Our clan is powerful...but perhaps think of it this way...there is strength in numbers. Leopards make good allies. They can add their own strength to our pride. I believe that they should have to prove themselves...but it isn't impossible for them to be powerful and useful. Even if they cannot house a demon, but believe that they do...it adds to our own strength, don't you see?" He explained his reasoning, hoping he was coming across clearly.

Anderleit

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am
"I am of course fond of anything that would strengthen the pride," Mu amended, inclining her head respectfully. "My concern is that these leopards - at least, the ones that seek demons for themselves - will become more trouble than they're worth when they fail." They could run around as sador all they liked, and the more that chose to do so, the better. It was only the notion that they were good enough to house demons that chafed the brazen lioness' hide.

Not that she would say so here, not so bluntly. Az was quick to remind her that the last thing she wanted to do was offend a member of the leaders' lineage. Imagine that she spoke poorly to this male, and news of it actually get back to them! The thought was almost enough to set her cringing, not to mention the hot pang of demonic disapproval that flared at the base of her spine. This fellow, thankfully, seemed inclined to take things easy. As she sat across from him, tail curling across her paws, Muladhara had to admit that his demeanor was helping her relax as well.

She leaned towards him. "You've spoken to them?" There had been some leopards that came in with their Dvergr, hadn't there? Their 'Hobbits', as they were called. Felt short-sighted of her to have ignored them now. "I admit that I haven't done that. What do you think of the ones you've spoken to? Do you believe that they have what it takes to bear our burden?" It was hard to keep skepticism out of her tone. It was just as hard, though, to pretend his rationale didn't make sense.

Rhea Izar

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff