Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Dust to Dust, Ashes to Rebirth (Fleance x Na'ira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:19 pm
User Image
Fleance was still bound and determined, on a quest that he could not be distracted from! Well, that he tried to not be distracted from. He was easily thrown from a task by anyone who was either a) very scary or b) very pretty. To Fleance, they were mutually exclusive and equally effective. Hoped for neither but preferred the latter. He gave his familiars the day off- his ratel had his paws full with the new gazelle fawn and his waterbuck was practically fuming, always muttering something just loud enough for Fleance to hear about 'am I not enough familiar for him' or something, but Fleance knew Yoshi would calm down- he always did, though he was especially envious that the gazelle looked just like Fleance (but so did Nhoi'toi) and was a grazer. 'At least the ratel occupies a different ecological niche,' Yoshi had been heard huffing about, not that anyone really understood what he was saying.

No, today it was just Fleance, tracking down his one-night tryst and the cubs he was just sure she had to have had. The god wasn't sure, but he had a real gut feeling about having family in the area. It was almost a miracle that he'd even gotten this close, and his nerves were growing. What if Chayah still hated him? What if she wouldn't let him see their children? What if he was wrong and there were none?

He had never been known to be an especially faithful or paternal lion, but he was trying to turn over a new leaf. Trying being the key word.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 am
While one god was entering, the other was leaving.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Over the years Na'Ira had left behind many of her litters, all for different reasons. Some she had simply been too young while others she had been too preoccupied. This time it had only been because the world was ripe for changing and she was at the center of the cataclysm.

After she left Vidar behind, she had flown only far enough away that she knew she would not turn back to make sure the cubs were alright. Instead of using her quick method of travel she instead opted to walk a slow, leisurely pace so that she could use the time to think and ponder over her decisions and duties. Mortals were such a fragile thing - even if they did not die young, time took them too quickly. She might catch the passing of time once, maybe twice before they were too old?

The thought settled like a cold stone in her belly and she lifted her eyes to the horizon instead to see if there was anything at all to distract her. Having expected nothing but the open plains she was actually quite surprised to see the distant form of yet another God. What an odd sight.

"Hello?" her voice chimed, carrying on the air as she drew near. What would this one be like?

Puhterodactyl
Sorry for the delay!

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 pm
Fleance hadn't been looking in any one direction or at anything specifically, but he snapped to attention at the sound of the voice. A quickness entered his pace as he padded over toward the red goddess.

"Hello!" He eagerly replied, before pausing a bit away from her. He looked and nodded in the direction over her shoulder, where she was leaving from.

"Is this pride a popular spot for gods, then?" He was interested in what could have drawn the goddess, not knowing they had quite a bit in common living in the Stormborn.

Felyn

((No, I'm sorry for the delay!))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:06 pm
Well, at least he seemed nice enough, even if he looked terribly young. She, of all souls, knew how much of a lie youth could be though.

"I couldn't say," she offered with a weak smile, "I am only just leaving, myself, now that my business is done. I didn't see another god until you but I wouldn't discount it. They do have a strange.. draw about them."

She and Vidar had not spent much time discussing gods during either of their visits but great prides drew great beings. It had been that way since the beginning of time and she didn't see why this one would be any different than the other empires that had come before it.

"Is there something that brings you here?"

Puhterodactyl

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am
"You're right about that strange draw..." He stared over her shoulder again before bringing his attention back to the present conversation.

"Cubs, actually. My cubs. I have children there... At least I think I do... The lioness and I only spent one night together, but there's just... something about it, I feel it in my gut that she had to have had cubs." He furrowed his brow and chewed his lip. It was a difficult feeling to articulate.

"I'm sorry if that sounds a bit strange, since you would know for certain if you had cubs or not," he tried to play it off a little. With a shrug, he continued.

"I left her one of my feathers so she could summon me in the event she did have a litter, but she also is not one of my biggest fans so I doubt she would ever use it — if she didn't destroy it as soon as I turned my back."

He was far from the most nurturing father, in fact he'd just about abandoned every other litter he'd sired (save for the ones by Ninon in the Swamps — but they'd disappeared and he assumed died) but mostly by accident because he would forget where he had left them. But he felt like he owed Chayah more than the usual lioness, given he'd let her down badly before.

Another thought occurred to Fleance, as he was talking to the majestic and beautiful goddess. It probably wasn't a big turn-on to talk about a one-night stand and some kids he may or may not have abandoned... (Granted, there was a sort of unspoken agreement among gods that there was a double standard between them and their mortal counterparts on the matters of mating and parenting.)

"Sorry."

"Uh."

"So since your business there is done, where do you think you'll go next? Not the haven, of course." He smiled sheepishly (and ignorantly).

Felyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 am
"What a small, curious world this can be," she offered, amused. She could not fault him for not knowing if his kids were here even if, yes, she would have known if she'd had them herself. Her memory was, at best, a flighty thing and despite caring deeply for all of her children she often forgot how long it had been since she'd left them behind. They were all scattered to the winds by the time she remembered and, in the most unfortunate of circumstances, some were old or dead by the time she made her way to find them once more. Such was the way of the mortal lifespan - children among them were both a blessing and a relentless sorrow for a Goddess.

Today, however, the reminder only made her laugh - there was no sadness in it.

"I just left my own children with their father here. I was being vague but, since you're so clearly here for similar reasons, I guess there's no point. I wanted to make sure they were somewhere safe and if you do have a brood among the Stormborn I am sure they will be endlessly protected."

It was a small comfort, perhaps.

"The haven? Well," she was laughing again now but for reasons she could not even explain. Instinctively, her eyes rolled up towards the heavens and her oath of silence weighed heavily across her shoulders. "Perhaps for a while. I have a promise to keep to someone that I can't really.. say much about. It's why I've had to leave the little ones behind."

Puhterodactyl

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:22 pm
"I agree," truth did seem stranger than fiction, even in the world of mortals. Her faith in the security of the pride comforted him some, but then again he'd never even thought to really worry about his possible-children's safety. No, more recently his concerns and thoughts turned to if he had any grandchildren among them — or crazier still, if he had any great-grandchildren in the pride. (He did.)

"Hopefully you can return soon, if that's what you wish. I find that I prefer the company of mortals, too many uncomfortable run-ins in the Haven for me..." Did Fleance just have that effect on gods and goddesses? Or was it not just him? He remembered the time he met the very ominous god of hatred, but of course his fears revolved mostly around seeing his murderous sibling. He'd met several benevolent and apathetic deities, but hanging out in the rouge lands was much more his speed. Far fewer beings who could possibly kill him.

"I have met some deities, though, that I'd like to spend more time with," he said, believing himself to be subtle.

Felyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 pm
"Aah, I find that I'm mostly impartial," she admitted, shrugging to herself as she considered mortals and gods. In truth, gods were easier to keep up with - if she forgot about them for a century they were usually still hanging around somewhere, mostly unchanged and if they weren't? Well, she usually knew about that. It was rarely a surprise. "I'm too forgetful for mortals, sometimes. They just.. age so quickly."

A curious expression crossed her face before she dismissed whatever thought was lingering. Instead, she stretched her long forelegs out and let the claws rake the earth as she pulled taut the muscles and tendons along her shoulders. A gentle pop resounded through her shoulder blades and she sighed, releasing the pressure and standing back upright. Being a mother made even a Goddess' body ache, especially when there were so many little ones to tote about. She hated to think it, but she would be glad to lose the tether for a while even if her heart was aching for it.

"Oh, have you?" she was oblivious, but smiled at him none-the-less and supplied her own playful response. "I suppose you aren't too bad for company. I've only known you for a breath of time but you haven't tried to attack me so that's always a good sign."

She laughed and turned a little, pulling her extravagant tail behind her but turning her eyes up towards the sky curiously.

"I'm afraid that we're crossing paths the wrong way today though, aren't we? I'm leaving and you're just arriving. What poor luck."

Puhterodactyl

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas