Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] Challenge accepted (Khara x Zander)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
KasaiLoki rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 1, 2 Total: 12 (5-20)

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 am
User Image

So. This was the land that one lion was from?

Kharankhui's eyes narrowed as a soft rain began. Well, that lion was right when he said born of the storm. This land seemed to be one ridden with moisture, and the looming dark clouds indicating a greater storm approaching just made it seem all the more truthful. Khara shook her head, letting the small droplets fly from her face. If the male hadn't antagonized her to 'show her worth' she wouldn't be standing here, ready for a challenge. What was it the male had also said? When she was ready, roar? Someone would meet her test?

Now was nothing. The lioness took a step back and emitted a loud roar amongst the worsening rain droplets. Then she waited. Who would answer?  
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 3, 3 Total: 14 (5-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 am
User ImageZander let out a little huff as he walked from the feeding area back towards his den. There hadn't been any of his favorite - antelope - so he had made due with zebra, and now it was starting to rain. It didn't seem to be his day. The striped male shook his head to rid his mane of the gathering droplets even though he knew it would be a lost cause in a few minutes when the heavens opened up, but instinct was hard to break.

He paused as a roar from the border caught his attention. A challenger wished to try their paw at becoming a part of the pride...but in weather like this? Hmph. Deciding that he was already going to be soaked by the time he made it to his den, Zander turned his paws towards the edge of the pride. A few minutes later and he spotted a dark female waiting patiently in the rain.

"You've picked a suitable day for a challenge here, rogue," he called out through the deluge. "Let's see if you are truly born of the storm."

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:43 am
SilverLutz

"I have been told this is the place I need to prove myself. Glad to see my call was answered quickly." Khara smirked, taking a step to the side to observe the challenger. Hmm, she never really battled a male before, this could prove quite interesting.

The dark lioness wasted not a moment longer as she dug her paws into the ground, pushing against the muck as she aimed straight for the other.

She launched, aiming for his scruff. The wet ground was proving a challenge for her as she found herself not getting the right momentum. However, she pursued, eyes dead on her target.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:38 am
Zander gave a soft snort at the female's comment of how quickly her call had been answered. Even on a day like today there were always dozens of lions roaming about. The pride was massive and while it was good for strength, Zander had to wonder how the Warlord kept tabs on everyone.

The battle began before he realized and it was only thanks to the muddy dirt that he didn't fall immediately. Her attack wasn't dead-on, but it hit him enough to make him realize she wasn't playing around. He used her momentum to move back, paws slipping in the mud, and eventually dipped out of range. Focused now, Zander, stalked slowly around the lioness, head low and eyes intent on the prize.

He gave a soft snarl before pouncing again, a paw reaching up like lightning to strike at her shoulder.

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:25 pm
SilverLutz

Khara did not let the hit she landed on the male phase her. If she knew anything, that would just lead to a downward spiral. Instead, she tried to remain focused. However, with the worsening rain, she found her footing not up to par with a seasoned fighter, and although she saw the male aiming for her, she was slow to move. The lion did not strike his intended target of her shoulder, but her sluggish movement caused claws to dig into the tribal markings on his back.

The lioness hissed at the contact, front paw slipping in the muck. She decided to use the wetness to her advantage, and instead of battling the male with paw to paw combat, she'd fight dirty. Literally. The lioness swung at the ground, at a particular wet spot, flinging the dampened terrain right at Zander.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 am
Zander felt his paw make contact with the female, but not where he had intended, No matter - today any fighting would be sloppy and awful. Landing hits at all would be a miracle. As he lowered his paw to try to get his feet under him again, a massive wad of muck came flying up at his face. He turned just in time to keep the dirt from his eyes but it smacked against his mane, leaving him stunned for a moment. Some had splattered over his muzzle but his vision remained clear which was important for the battle. Not a bad tactic, he had to admit, but one that he had managed to mostly dodge.

He pounced back a few paces to get some distance between them, allowing them to circle on another as he got his bearings about him. The rain was making short work of the mess in his mane, thankfully, and as he circled he found his paws on less slippery ground. A little patch of grass was keeping it from getting too muddy and he took his opportunity as it came. He got a good grip of the ground before pouncing, launching himself at the lioness with a snarl.

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:37 am
SilverLutz

The success of the mud fling was short lived as the dark lioness saw the other counteract with a quick pounce. Knowing she would not be able to manuever quickly on the slick ground, Khara braced herself for impact, the striped lion's body colliding with hers. The hit was enough to knock her to the ground with a soft oomph, (and a squelch from the muck).

"I yield." Khara stated. She obviously wasn't ready for battle. "You have too much skill in this weather and this terrain. I will not beat you in it." As much as the lioness did not wish to admit her defeat, keeping this going would just hurt her pride more.

"You are quite the adversary. Would you spare me your name?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:23 am
Zander felt his body connect with the lioness' and together they tumbled into the mud, sliding a bit thanks to the sticky mess. He was ready to bound up again to have the height advantage, but she called him off. He pushed himself up and off of her slowly, backing away to let her know he was accepting her yield.

"A wise choice," he admitted, tilting his head just a bit as she asked for his name. He considered for a moment before giving it.

"Zander. You have a head for battle. Perhaps another day the weather will be in your favor." She had the spirit and the head to belong here, that much he could tell. But it would take time to learn how to battle in weather like this. He knew outside of their lands the rains were scarce and mud wasn't a common battle field, so it was things she would learn in time.

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 pm
SilverLutz
fin for me!

Zander. Khara committed that name to memory.

"Perhaps you are right. The one who told me about this land did not mention exactly what it would be like weather wise- a duel in the rain I am not very adept in." Obviously. Her battle skills just now proved that.

"Kharankhui." She gave her name, but did not expect the brown male to remember it.

"I know I am not welcomed amongst your ranks after that duel. But perhaps I will see you again in the future to redeem that rather poor show." The lioness pivoted on her paws, heading away from the Myrsky Syntynyt lands. Away from the lands, the storm began to fade. "Just my luck." She muttered with a shake of her head. If she had waited, maybe the outcome would have been different.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 am
Zander gave a little nod as the female gave her name. Kharankhui...long and a bit foreign on his tongue, but he would surely remember it for its unique qualities. Those that tried and failed to gain admittance here were never left wanting for long and he was sure he'd see her around eventually.

"I look forward to it," he said with a little nod before turning to head back to his den as well. He was muddy and soaking wet and ready to start drying off. Perhaps on a nicer day she would be back and he could see if her skills proved better on dry land than wet.

KasaiLoki
Fin!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items