Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Have We Met? (Athrun & Nkosanzana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:40 am
User Image

Once again alone, though this time with a familiar companion to that deep aloneness, Athrun traipsed through the grass on paws so unlike his normal ones. Ever since pulling his mortal guise over himself he'd been feeling new things and experiencing the world in a different way and though it was much the same in some aspects, it was fantastic in others. He couldn't fly in this form, being wingless, and his headpiece and large golden collar were both gone, even if they were simply awaiting his return to his divine form.

That didn't phase him in the least though, running around in the form of a small hyena actually was fitting in a lot of ways for it gave him the opportunity to skirt around most lions that might wish him harm normally, or at least wish to speak with him about his tattered and all but useless wings. If need be he could always outrun trouble by simply disappearing as well and reappearing somewhere completely different on the other side of the savannah, though he'd yet to test that theory with Hati now returned to him. In fact it was blatantly obvious that the little snake was not thrilled with her current riding place on his sloping back.

"Musssst you move sssso fasssst?" Her hissing lilt sounded all the angrier for the jostling that she was receiving on that perch and it became apparent very quickly that Hati was going to require a new way to travel along with him.

Stopping under the shade of a tree so the two of them could plot out how to best make adjustments for her comfort, Athrun not wanting to be out of her presence for even one moment after such a long time away from his best and only friend, his large ears caught a noise that had the (for all apparent appearances) hyena lifting his head quickly. Something was nearby, but he didn't feel anything that would indicate a level of loneliness that needed attention or aid, so what could possibly be so near yet so... fine? Taking a deep breath that pushed his ribs out and closing his eyes, the god could only just make out a scent, not incredibly close but not far enough away for him not to feel them.

Was it possible that there was some being on the plains that wasn't actually feeling lonely? Or was he simply incapable of noticing anything in his mortal form?

So many new things to experiment with!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:46 pm
Hattaki

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray." A vibrant voice rang out into the early morning soon echoed by others as they sang and laughed, a harmony of sound. After a few moment the other voices settled into a hum as one female alone carried the new tune. Her voice was pure, ringing through the air as she sang of greeting the dawn, of hope and joy, of the happiness found in being with those you loved.

When Athrun got closer, it was easy to see it was a family of lions, several younger settled around an older female who was doing the singing. There was something achingly familiar about her blinding white coat and the runes decorating her shoulder. Several of the lions shared her white coat and runes while others were sky blue like the oldest male and a few lavender. A young white male with a blue mane was smacking a drum with his paw, while a lavender and white females danced with her eyes closed and pure joy on her face.  

Keantha

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:14 pm
Ears swivelling forward and blue eyes opening wide, Athrun drug to a quick stop as the music hit his ears and the tuft of fur that had been swept from his face fell down across his nose once more. It was blatantly obvious that he was staring though, a solitary white hyena with a snake resting on his shoulders and golden bangles rattling around his ankles as everything settled back to it's normal position. The little bangles on his ankles sang a bit as they rattled, something that he generally disliked as it called attention to his presence.

But for this moment... for this brief span... it was okay.

It was a song that Hati had sung to him so many times that he'd lost count, the words washed over the old god's being and his heart clenched tight in his mortal chest. Every time he'd ever heard the song he'd seen a rainbow dancing in the sky above him, reminding him of all the ones that he'd loved and all those that he'd lost. Once upon a time he'd sung the song to his sons, their red and white coats danced before his eyes and nearly drew tears.

"They're sssstill ssssomewhere out there Athrun. Do not give up hope of sssseeing them once more." Hati's tail shook against his white shoulder and the hyena tilted his head as if to look back at her, eyes never leaving the three lions before him.

Two of them bore Akiiki's soft purple and hieroglyphs adorned shoulders.

"I don't think they're so far off Hati..."

Family... Even the word had him want to turn around and run while simultaneously shedding his form and going to introduce himself. His son's children, maybe. So many things certainly seemed similar about them and the scent of sand permeated everything he could smell on at least one. So far away from his former home, even as broken as he was after so many losses and fights, two rebirths and the curse that kept him eternally young compared to all those around him, Athrun still felt the sands of his people call him.

Whispering from so far away.

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm
Hattaki

Before he even realized he had been spotted the older female who had been singing spoke up 'Well hello there strangers. Please come and make yourself welcome among us. We don't have much but we are happy to share what we have. I am Nkosanzana. That big blue lug there sleeping is my mate Kimya. These are some of our children. Ithzhak."

The blue maned male with his mother's markings, with Akiiki's markings smiled his voice soft and timid"Hello. Are you well? I mean..I am not the healer my dad is but if you are sick I can help?

Zana offered him a warm smile of approval before going on, "And this is our daughter Leilani."

The youngest female ducked her head with a shy but welcoming smile waving a paw before scooting to hide behind her brother. Ithzhak gave her a gentle head bump rumbling contently. It was clear they were a close family.  

Keantha

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:49 am
Now he was having second thoughts about them being family.

It had taken him many year of learning but he knew for a fact that such open and welcoming ways were dangers and had taught it to all of his children. This lioness and her children might have resembled Akiiki but was it possible that he hadn't passed those teachings on to his own children? Athrun let one ear drop in confusion and raised an eyebrow up as his blue eyes darted from face to face on each of the lions that had introduced themselves, taking stock of markings and the colors of eyes even.

They each had a small touch of hieroglyphics on their shoulders that reminded him of the markings that had once cursed his skin and caused him to remain forever trapped in this adolescent form. It could have been an utter coincidence but the odds were very unlikely in that regard and without letting another beat go he bowed his head carefully to them the way he had any member of his family in the past.

"It's an honor to meet you all, my name is Athrun and this is Hatimle'mvua..." he started before being cut off quickly.

"Jussst Hati will be fine." to her credit the small snake already saw what had caused him to hesitate and stop, she knew what it meant for him to find members of his family and given that she remembered his sons and daughters so well it was nostalgic for her to meet their children as well. It meant that they were doing well in the world and had found at least some sort of love or connection.

"Neither of us are sick but if you need some help I can offer my services." Athrun finished with a soft chuckle for Hati's words. The pair of them had been together so long that she knew exactly when he needed her to cut him off so it would take the edge off of his nerves.

Keantha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:17 pm
Hattaki

A gasp of shock slipped from Zana before she was bowing low, tears gathering in her lavender eyes, "Grandfather..how can this be? Father said you were lost to us but..that was..." Sniffling she gave him a sheepish smile, "Forgive me, it has been so long since I was among those of the blood. I was a bit of an outcast and left when very young. It is an honor and a joy to have you and your companion Hati among us."

Zhak traded looks with Leilani before the two younger lions nodded as one moving to make a space among them for the hyena that was apparent family? Still not the oddest thing they had ever seen.

"Forgive me if I am being rude Elder...but how can you be my great-grandfather when you are a hyena? I thought you were a god??" Zhak tilted his head ignoring his mother's hiss at him for being rude.  

Keantha

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:56 pm
Tilting his head to one side, the old god sighed silently, the only indication that he'd even done so came with the rise and fall of his ribs that stood out so well against his white fur even in his mortal form. There were some things even the ability to shift form couldn't hide and hunger was one of them, not that he felt the same deep ache for it that a mortal might. The length of time that he could withstand without eating far exceeded any mortals that he knew.

"Little granddaughter, it's a shame that your father never informed his children of this, but there should never be a need for any of you to bow to me." It wasn't the sort of god that he was and absolutely unacceptable from his own family no less. As he spoke, each word coming slowly and deliberately, Athrun shed the mortal form he'd twisted himself into and seemed to grow taller with every second. Wings stretched and pushed upward and outward before rustling flat to his back, his mane grew in length and every glitter of gold on his body shone through until the large god stood before them as himself. "No god on these plains should wander around without some sort of disguise, there are dangers on the savannah after all."

Blue eyes closed as the old god bowed his head deeply for his son's descendants, family from his old life before....

A scaled tail flicked against his cheek lightly and the little rainbow colored snake dropped from where she rested on his body to the ground. "He'ssss sssstill hung up on the passst you ssssee. Don't worry about thissss old one, no matter what form he takessss he'ssss sssstill a god through and through."

Glaring down at the snake between his paws, Athrun shifted his body and dropped to the ground so he could look up at the family his son had brought into the world. Though years had passed and he was unsure of his son's status still, his love had passed along quite well all the same.

Keantha
I am SO SO SO sorry this is so late. ;w; Feel free to slap me around or just ignore it if it's been to long or slap me around more. XD; I totally deserve it. Sorry Keantha!

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games