Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:25 pm
Budek had heard that Kukhona had come back recently and with cubs. Rumors were always quickly spread but he didn't listen to such things unless he absolutely had to, though he figured it was true. Rumor was they were mostly males and while that didn't bother him that much he knew it wouldn't bod well for him in the future if any females were interested in him. Giving a shrug he wasn't about to let it get under his fur, either females would ask him to help or not. He was here to oblige though he did want them to really want him and not just because he was a last resort or anything.

He cared about the children he was helping bring forth into the world, and the females carrying them. However Kukhona was the first to approach him and the first to sire any children of his so he was extremely nervous to see the children they had helped create.

He had waited long enough that the cubs would be able to be interacted with but not too long that she hopefully thought he had just wanted the one and one with her and that was it.

Ecavi
I actually forget what kind of a setting they have 'dens' set up in since they move around alot? So gonna just have it open from here XD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:08 pm
User Image

All in all, Kukhona was quite pleased with herself. While her cubs would not satisfy her mother's need for silver huntresses, she was sure they were all perfect. She was looking forward to teaching her girls to hunt and fit into the pride, and helping her boys prepare for life outside.. it had been a sudden and overwhelming distraction from the fantasy of presenting the cubs to their father. She was so sure she was first, but she so readily got lost in motherhood that it was Budek who had to come find her. When she saw him coming she went out to meet him eagerly, even giving him an affectionate headbutt.

"Budek! I'm sorry, I should have come to find you sooner!" she said, wasting no time, "Come and see!"

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:09 am
Ecavi

To be honest he wasn't sure WHEN a good time to come to her had been, so he wasn't the least bit upset at the fact that she hadn't sought him out sooner. She had he paws full after all. When she came into view a wave of relief washed over him and he head bumped her back affectionately in return. His stomach felt tight but he gave her a bright smile despite the nerves, "Please don't apologize I know you're been busy." Following along after her he gulped as he waited to set eyes upon the young lives that were part of himself and the female next to him.

"Are you doing well? Do you need me to get you anything?" He asked suddenly aware of when he had last seen her. "Do they need anything?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 am
Kukhona would never admit it but she had been disappointed to find their litter was mostly boys, but seeing their father again was a good reminder of what they could become. She already dreaded the moment when they would have to leave the pride or be chased out, but Budek's presence alone helped ease her mind. His kind words made her laugh softly.

"Don't worry about us," she said, "The lionesses have been a big help, especially my sisters and my mother."

She snickered again, thinking of her mother.

"She won't say it but I know my mother is disappointed my cubs look so much like you," Kukhona said, glancing over to Budek to see his reaction, "She favoured my father because he was pale like her, my poor brother took after Kuhasa's darker brother so he was doubly cursed. Now my only pale children are sons."

The volume of her voice lowered the closer they got to her den until she was whispering and standing before a small pile of sleeping cubs. Between the sandy fur making up most of the pile and the little tufts of Budek's red hair showing, it was obvious they did indeed take a lot after their father.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:13 pm
Ecavi

When she spoke he felt relieved, of course the other lioness would have everything under control. "I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well."

It was like a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders.

When she spoke he raised his brow, did they truly look so much like him? "I'm sure you're just as much in them as me." He hadn't seen them yet so how was he to know what would be in the den.

Sure enough as they went into the shelter in which the cubs slept was a sea of brown with a couple of white and greys. She was right, his genes stood out in the group. Which wasn't bad though he did notice that 3 of the 5 were male. He wasn't truly helping the pride with new life there since the boys would be leaving most likely around the same time as him.

"Well, at least you can rest assure that when they leave they'll at least have me with them." Not that he was doubting his fighting abilities but you never knew. Nothing was set in stone.

"They're all so lovely." He couldn't help but stare at them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:16 pm
She smiled at Budek when he said their cubs would have him when they left. When Kosan left, Kukhona had been among the most enthusiastic of the bunch to suggest he go with their father. She had felt it preferable to being chased out by strangers at a later date, and she still felt that way now. She wanted her sons to be strong and independent, but they could rely on their father starting out, especially since the current Abaholi had less patience for the Lusizi and they were sent out earlier.

"The girls are Bonakala and Bheki," she said, beaming down at her cubs while introducing them, "The boys are Bheka, Betheku and Balulekile."

She glanced over, grinning. Would he noticed she had borrowed a tradition her mother had started for her first litter?

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:23 pm
Ecavi

While he was sad to know he'd likely never see his daughters reach adult or any of the other litters he might help bring into this pride he was glad to know that he had done some good and brought some life at least into it's boarders. Even if only two of them would be allowed to stay. Every moment he was around he would be sure to be a guiding influence to any and all that sought it and hoped he'd be able to share his knowledge with them in the hopes that they'd pass on his teachings in the future to children of their own.

Truly he hoped they'd turn out most like their mother. She was quite the independent sort and he admired that about her a great deal. As she listed off their names he had thought she might have repeated them a few times but then realized that they were all in fact named differently. Smiling he looked over at her, "I have to say, you never cease to astound me." He found what she'd done here quite witty and he absolutely loved their names. "I think their names are perfect, especially the little trend you have going there." Looking at her his eyes twinkled with pride.

While his genes had failed him in producing mostly females he was proud non-the-less of what the two of them had accomplished here. "I can't wait until they're old enough to go out and practice hunting and pouncing." He'd be lying if he said he didn't want to teach them how to do any of that. He wanted to be a paws on father to these cubs.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 pm
Not every father in the pride sought to be an influence on their cubs. Some lionesses might have laughed at the idea but Kukhona was thrilled that Budek was so taken with their children and so keen on helping them to grow. It was a favour she and her siblings had been shown by Kuhasa, and she was pleased to know she had found a male who felt the same.

"It won't be long now," she said, looking back at them, "You're welcome to visit us any time you please. I would love for the girls to know their father."

Kuhasa had been in rough shape when he left, Kukhona was grateful that her mother had welcomed his influence in their family. It would have been jarring to only see him in passing and then limping away after his successor had finished with him.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:00 pm
Ecavi
[tagging in bed from phone haha]

To say he was pleased he'd found such a non traditional partner for his first litter would be an understatement. Beaming at her words he took them to heart.

"Well, you can expect to see more of me then." He very much wanted to do all he could for this growing family.

Perhaps he would have someone to say goodbye to him after all when his time came. "Well, I'm going to let you get some rest while they're still sleeping. I'll be back again soon." Giving h er r a nuzzle on the neck affectionalty he turned and left.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:17 pm
Kukhona didn't say anything else but returned the affectionate gesture and watched Budek leave with a smile on her face. She was very pleased with herself and the choice she had made for the father of her cubs. However they had turned out so far, sandy and dominantly male.. she was content and eager to see what the future held for all of them. With a happy sigh, she turned back around to the pile of cubs and settled in around them to rest.

There would be times when they made her crazy and she would feel overwhelmed, but for right now, her little family was perfect.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out