[PRP] It’s a dog’s life

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:53 pm
User Image

The little jackal was taking a moment to hunt. Sure, Mángguo would rather be out searching for Ren still, but he wouldn't be happy if she starved in the process. Plus the whole needing-energy-to-do-things problem. There was a mouse crouched in the grass ahead of her, and she furrowed her eyebrows as she focused in on it, hind legs shuffling behind her. It was a little bit catlike, but to be fair, she grew up around lions.

The way she sprinted forward was decidedly not catlike though. She shot forward like a bullet and then leapt into the air before diving forward. The little squeak as she caught her prey left her growling happily, content with the knowledge that she had captured her meal.

Now to eat quickly and continue on her way. She was close, she could tell! And then she could be reunited with Renshu, and maybe investigate this pride he was traveling with.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:45 pm
User Image
Arapawa had never actually been out of the lands he was born in. That being said it was time for an adventure. The lions he lived with, they were out for a few days and he had followed his friends out on their first reaving. Though he had mainly stayed close to the band he’d ultimately decided that he needed a little time alone, a little time to see a world he didn’t know.

That was what had lead him away from the reaving crew and out in to the grassy lands. What he hadn’t expected was to cross paths with another jackal. It wasn’t really that weird for him to see other jackals, the lion family he was a part of were always accompanied by jackals. Of course seeing a jackal that wasn’t a part of the family circle was weird and this was the first time he had met someone not of his family unit.

It took him a few, choice moments to find his voice and when he spoke he wasn’t really sure he sounded like he normally did. “Hi..” well that was good enough.

MangoMeow

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am
Mangguo was just beginning to settle down into her meal when the small voice spoke up. Ears perking up, she turned around and started beaming. Oh, another jackal! It was very often she came across someone like her.

She was practically wiggling in excitement now. Surely it would be fine if she chatted and maybe played with this one first. Ren would be fine with waiting.

Bouncing up to her feet, she hopped closer. "Hello!" she said loudly and cheerfully, never one for being subtle or quiet. She sniffed at him, tail wagging, "You kind of look like a fish."

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm
MangoMeow

The dark male smiled happily, his tail wagged as he returned her sniffle. He chuckled at her words, he looked like a fish? “That’s a new one.” He beamed widely, his sage green eyes dancing happily.

“I’v never met another jackal.. well I have but I’m related to all of them.. Pretty much.” He hummed and shrugged this thought away. “Do you live here?” he tilted his head gently, he didn’t really want to intrude on another’s territory. Though he supposed he had already done that.

“I don’t come from here.” He decided to explain “I live in a pride..” He trailed this was a very unusual for him, how was he supposed to interact with another jackal, that he wasn’t related to?  

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:36 am
She let out a cheerful laugh at his question, "Oh no! I'm just traveling through." The jackal clucked her tongue, "I'm trying to track down my friend, and I know he passed through here not too long ago." She had a fiery look in her eyes, "I'll find him soon, I can tell!"

Mangguo hopped around in circles then, "Oh, I live in a pride, or lived, or well, I used to." She paused to consider that for a second, and then shrugged. "Yeah, used to. Ren left, and I didn't see any reason to stick around without him."

She cocked her head to the side, "What brings you out here?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:05 am
MangoMeow

He smiled happily at the other jackal. She was so happy. He couldn’t help but wag his tail at her. “That’s a shame, being a part of a pride is interesting, yeh, thats the word.” He chuckled softly. The pride he lived in considered him and his brethren to be thralls but the family he lived with thought of them as family. It was a good relationship.

“My partner is out on an initiation, its called a reaving. It sounds kind of, weird, but she wants to be able to come and go as she pleases and this is the only way.” He gave an affirmative nod.

“It’s fun being outside though. I decided to get away for a bit though, lions can be so stroppy and boisterous, especially young ones. Thought I’d slip away for a few hours and see a bit of the world on my own. Glad I did, I met you!” He grinned.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 am
"Well, with any luck, Ren found himself another pride." She beamed, excited to meet all these people he'd surrounded himself with. "I've asked people who saw him, and they said he was traveling with a large group. I'm hoping to catch up to them!"

Mangguo's eyes grew wide in curiosity, "A reaving? Sounds interesting." Her old one never did anything like that.... at least, she didn't remember Ren ever going through something like that. Well, he had to study a lot. Maybe that was like this reaving?

The jackal nodded as she turned back to the conversation, "I'm glad I met you too! And I bet she'll pass this initiation thing with flying colors, and then you'll get to meet a bunch more jackals than just me." She waved her paws emphatically at the end of her sentence.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 am
MangoMeow

The dark jackal grinned broadly. “It is interesting, though its strange being outside of some where you are used to. I know every inch of the stormborn lands, out here, its like, an alien place.” He paused for a moment talking about home felt strange and he felt a little itch in his soul. As strange as it was being classed as a slave in the pride, he missed it, mainly because it was home and he wasn’t mistreated.

“Oh I forgot, my name Is Arapawa, son of Wessex, partner of Aurenia.” He grinned, a little foolishly, he had never introduced himself like this before, but his lion companions often introduced themselves using their heritage, his heritage was short, and wasn’t really very grandios but it still felt nice saying it.

“I’m pretty sure she will pass, I think I’d like to meet other jackals. I really didn’t expect to meet any out here. One of my, I guesss she’s like a sibling, came out with my partners brother but she’s so boring.” He rolled his eyes dramatically. He was still young even though he was an adult. He still enjoyed playing.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:19 am
She nodded, understanding that feeling. It had been strange to leave the Tianxia, but also exhilarating in its own way. She was looking forward to settling somewhere again though. Tail wagging, she crouched, "I'm Mangguo!" She puffed out her chest proudly, "Daughter of the Tianxia," she paused, "... formerly."

And then the little jackal giggled, "Well, I'm certainly not the only jackal out here." Hmm, what did jackals do that this one may have missed out on. Oh! She had an idea.

Grinning widely, she hopped back and forth, "How about we play a game? It'll be more fun with someone new!" And of course, Mangguo always loved a good game.

"Let's have a race! First to that tree out there and back, wins!"

Syrius Lionwing
End off with them running off to play games?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:07 am
MangoMeow
Sounds good let me wrap <3

The darker jackal smiled. He played games with his siblings, he’d also played games with lots of his lion siblings too, they were much rougher. He gave a nod “Sounds fun lets race!” He grinned.

She was nice, this was definitely a new experience for him, he certainly wasn’t used to conversing with jackals that weren’t his family but that didn’t mean he couldn’t. While he was out here he might meet lots of other creatures too. That was quite exciting.

“Lets go!” He barked racing off towards the tree with his new friend.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff