[PRP] Lazy Days (Poe, Eadgar & Zuru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:59 am
User ImageUser Image

The lithe cheetah stretched his body out long across the log he was perched across, claws unsheathed and jaw opening wide in a yawn. He had been taking a nap, a very comfortable one, but the sun was getting low and he knew that he would need to head back home. Beside, if he left things for too long, then Eadgar would-

"POE!"

... Come looking for him. Great. With a sigh, Poe lazily slid his gaze up at the black raven floating down to him. The little stick-in-the-mud was glaring daggers at him, red eyes practically glowing in the fading sun's light. Honestly, Eadgar was quite a good looking bird, if he did say so himself, but he could never convince him to lighten up. Ah well, as his best friend and partner, the cheetah would continue to do his best to bring the little bird out of his nest.

So with a grin, Poe threw a sly grin at his friend, "Why, hello little blackie."

"Don't you 'blackie' me!" The raven fluttered down in front of the cheetah, completely unperturbed by being so close to a much larger predator. He had known Poe long enough to not be worried about him eating him. He was pretty sure the a** was too lazy anyway.

Eadger puffed himself up, his feathers fluffing out in indignition, "You've been avoiding me... AND your job." His eyes narrowed, "Don't think I can't tell that your skirting your duties." Judging by the rumpled look, he was pretty sure Poe had been napping. What if a rogue had wandered over the border and attacked him? Yes, he was within the border, but right on the edge! Spotter or not, he needed to be more careful!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:33 am
MangoMeow

Zuru was a large male lion, he was wandering he had been wandering for a long time and didn't think he needed anything else. Unless it was the attention of lionesses that was always nice. He stumbled on a cheetah arguing with a raven. Well, that was a strange sight. He didn't want to interrupt so he just sat there Zuru didn't have a pride or job so he could get away with what the raven accused the cheetah of. He did wonder why the cheetah didn't eat the bird for bugging him strange.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm
Poe chuckled at Eadgar's indignation. He hadn't been trying to avoid him, just... responsibility, but he'd never admit that to the little bird.

Tail curling around his bright-colored leg, the cheetah hummed playfully and bopped his friend on the head. "Calm down, Eadgar. Things have been calm lately anyway. I doubt there's any trouble coming."

Eadger gave him a flat look, unimpressed with the paw on his head and shaking it off aggressively, "Trouble will always come when you least expect it, Poe." The bird's eyes drifted behind the cheetah, snorting at the sight before turning his gaze back, "For example, I bet you didn't even notice the lion sitting behind you."

The black raven scoffed and muttered under his breathe, "Some Spotter, you are.... Utterly hopeless, if it weren't for me."

At first, Poe thought that he'd been kidding, trying to pull a fast one on him, but then he realized the very much serious look on the bird's face. Slowly turning with wide eyes, he blinked at the large male observing them. How long had he been there?

".... Hello. Can we help you?" He opted for the friendlier approach, though he could feel his bird companion flap up onto his head and puff out his wings threateningly.

"What are you doing along the Dumanne's borders?" said the bird with a leery look.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 am
MangoMeow

Zuru grinned at the pair not afraid of either of them, "I am merely passing through seeking lionesses and what are you two doing?" He asked and then chuckled "Arguing the day away?" He teased them they were silly to be fighting out here when he was sure there was work to be done in whatever group they were in rather than standing there wasting time. He wasn't afraid to say so even if it made him unpopular with this strange pair he wouldn't be staying long anyway. He had things to do and females to find and mate with. He was a cocky rogue who had things to do and tails to chase.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm
Seeking lionesses? Well, he was a male of his own heart, that was for sure.

Poe gave a chuckle at his next words, shaking his head. "Ah, but what better way to pass the time?" He could have gone without Eadger tensing up on his head though. Yes, they had a stranger in their midst, but if you immediately went hostile on them, then what could you learn? Laid-back as he was, his job had him scouting and reviewing his findings. Meeting strange lions was part of that job.

So if he had to play the part of friend, he would.

Eadger lifted a leg to bop Poe on the head, throwing a stern look down at him before straightening back up. He made sure to stand at attention and coolly replied, "Well you'll be hard-pressed to find lionesses here. The Dumanne are a cheetah coalition." Not to say that there weren't captive lionesses in their group, but this one didn't need to know that.

He puffed out his wings, "And don't you come any further past our borders!" The cheetah could be as friendly as he felt like being, but Eadger would have no part of it.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:29 pm
MangoMeow

Zuru chuckled "A good way indeed, no reason not to wander and have fun. Do whatever I want before the end of my days whenever that might be." Zuru nodded he clearly was in the wrong place to find what he was seeking. "Thank you for telling me, then I will be leaving this area since I'm not looking to take cheetah females away from their males." He teased he thought cheetahs were too small for his kind to mate with. Zuru chuckled again at the grumpy bird. "Don't worry I won't invade your home little birdy."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:33 am
Said bird puffed up his feathers in an attempt to seem bigger. "Good! You wouldn't be welcome anyway."

That said, he'd be keeping an extra close watch on their borders after this. The nice thing about being a bird? No one thought to look up, and it made keeping a lookout very handy. His little red eyes narrowed at the lion, not trusting him despite his words. Eadgar never trusted easily.

Poe gave a chuckle at his bird companion's reaction, and then opted to ignore the hostility practically burning on his head. "Probably for the best. The females here can be...." How best to put this? ".... picky, about who they associate with." Of course, he had a bit of a reputation with said females, so maybe they were just biased towards him. Though none of them would take a lion as a mate anyway. So his words still stood.

Tail flicking in the air, the male watched the lion with lidded eyes, before giving a wane smile. "Do be careful as you travel though. Not many around here are very friendly towards lions. It may be best to simply avoid any cheetahs you might come across."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:24 am
MangoMeow

Zuru chuckled he thought it was funny that the bird was getting so bent out of shape there was nothing to worry about or get that upset about. Zuru liked Poe a bit more when he laughed as well at his friend's reaction. "Well if you ever want to live on the roads untraveled look me up perhaps we could explore the land together." He looked at the bird figuring the idea of Poe leaving his group would outrage the bird. He turned back to Poe and nodded "I will do that, thank you for the warning."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 pm
And indeed, it served to make the raven squawk and then chitter in irritation. Why, the nerve! They were clearly well-fed and happy where they were, and neither were interested in the rogue life.

There was no question that Eadgar would follow him, regardless of where Poe went, but he liked to think that he knew his companion well enough to know that he wouldn't be interested. Granted, it was largely because their coalition already allowed them freedom when they wanted it, but the backing of a pride was always a reassuring thing.

With a huff, the bird finally scuttled around until his back was to the lion and splayed out his tail feathers to block his view of him. He was done with talking to this stranger.

Poe simply shook his head, ignoring the antics of the bird above him, "Ah, thank you for the offer, though I doubt that I will at this time." He grinned, "My pride is good to me, and I enjoy having a home to return to." The cheetah chuckled, tacking on this last part more to annoy Eadgar than anything else. "But perhaps someday, should we cross paths again."

He curled his tail around his paws, tilting his head, "Safe travels, then, and I hope you manage to find yourself a good lioness to spend your time with."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am
MangoMeow

Zuru nodded he wasn't surprised by the answer he grinned amused he had annoyed the bird. "I wish you both a happy life and farewell perhaps we will meet again someday. I hope your friend finds a mate perhaps that would help him relax." Zuru teased before he headed off to continue his travels.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items