Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 pm
User Image Aedan and her had split ways, it had been something she had needed to do though. She knew he didn't love her and that was okay, she would always hope for the best for him but she needed to get out into the world and discover things for herself. It's not like she was dependent on his company, she just needed to learn to be her own lion without anyone else being with her.

At first things had been awkward. She felt lonely and uncertain of so many things but she hadn't done a terrible job at adjusting. Soon she was a natural but there was still something missing. While she knew that her affections for Aedan had just been a deep rooted infatuation, she did miss him.

He had been her closest friend for many years.

Giving a sigh the pale female looked about the lands she was now in. They were foreign to her and she was a little worried about what might be around each tree or rock. She hoped she was in a place that was at least friendly or welcoming to strangers. If not she'd be in trouble.

She wasn't much of a fighter.

Giving caution to the wind she just figured she'd let fate take the lead and see what came her way.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm
AstoriaFallen
I need to find his cert. xD He's an Apothecary.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The large lion made his way close to the borders, staring hard at the ground as he moved. His nose sniffed at the earth, and his eyes moved slowly over the dry grasses of the plain; the apothecary was on a mission gathering some essentials for the pride -- some roots, wild flowers, and a few types of grass. Chinedu was glad for the activity, though not every lion seemed to like to dig and paw through the earth. It allowed him to travel to the borders, to leave the stress and anxiety and grief behind him as he focused on providing remedies for the healers and those ailing at the heart of the pride.

Chinedu himself had once hoped to be immune, but with age, it became more clear that he suffered the same fate as his gruff father. The sickness had pegged him, but not as badly as his father had suffered. . . at least not yet. Now, the white and black, angry, bitter lion he had called father had passed. It had happened suddenly, quickly, and quietly, but wasn't that what they all wished for, in the end? Ndale had been a troubled soul, with a troubled heart -- Chinedu had feared his father more than he'd loved him, and he hoped that maybe now, his spirit could find peace. Still, it was different, knowing that he now only had his mother left -- and she was about as fierce as Ndale. No, the lion had grown up with a rough family, and had known well that his parents were not in love -- though he suspected they had grown fond of one another in their stubborn sort of way.

Chinedu himself had grown up independent, though far warmer and more sensitive than either of his parents. He did not begrudge his lot in life, and even though he knew his fate, he was the sort of lion who looked at the silver lining. He was sick, but he had a home, he had safety, and there were all sorts who gave him the love and attention his parents had rather lacked.

So it was, the lion had decided that he could best serve his pride by helping bring in supplies; any remedies that might help cause temporary relief from the sickness, in hopes that maybe, he could help brighten their days.

Today was no different. The dedicated worker had a small pouch to carry the herbs and flowers and roots he dug up; he looked a bit messy, with dirt under his claws, and leaves and twigs sticking out of his mane, and his nose stained with pollen, but he'd clean himself up later -- after the digging and searching was done. Trotting up a small hill, he was so engrossed in his hunt for the perfect plant, that he almost missed the sight of a strange lioness ahead of him. It was only her scent that caused his ears to p***k, and finally make him pay attention to the world around him.

Who on earth. . .?

Well, the pride was a welcoming pride, but they did have some borders that could doom a lion. "Er, excuse me! Hello!" He called out, his voice a bit rough from sickness and lack of use. He hadn't spoken to anyone this day and had been on the hunt for goods since dawn. "I didn't expect to find a visitor here," he explained, hoping the lioness might not bolt.

If she didn't know where she was, well, it was possible she'd high-tail it the other way as soon as she figured out who they were. Not everyone took kindle to a group of diseased lions.

Uta

Shy Mage

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:24 pm
Uta

A voice cut through the air and caused her to pause in her steps, eyes wide for a moment as she sought out the owner and finally locked eyes on the dark male. At least he appeared friendly and his voice backed up his movements, either that or he was good a deception.

She doubted it was that though and did her best to give him a smile that didn't say, I'm lost. "Hello," responding lightly she assessed the situation and by his next words it was clear she was likely on a prides lands since he referred to her as a visitor. "I'm a visitor? Am I in a pride?" Figured asking was the best way to get an answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:06 pm
AstoriaFallen

Chinedu was glad when the female didn't turn aggressive, and even more pleased when she didn't turn to run. The Kitwana'antara always welcomed visitors, despite their situation, and so long as rules were adhered and quarantine zones avoided, it wasn't actually a dangerous place to be. A little news from the outside world sounded pleasant, particularly since it would mean he'd get some first, before the Scouts had to report it in. It might be a small thing, but Chinedu found that a little break from his elusive hunt would do him good. The plants could wait -- at least for a moment or two.

If Velia had hoped not to look too lost, she had given herself away completely by sound surprised about stumbling into pridal territory. Perhaps the guards needed to reinforce some of these borders if the lioness was taken unawares. "Well, you're only in it a little way," he offered helpfully. "We're pretty much by the border, so you're not too far in. You've found the Kitwana'antara," he stated with a small tail flick, watching the lioness for any sort of reaction. Maybe she'd heard about them... then again, maybe not. "I take it you weren't coming to visit by choice?"

He cleared his throat a little, though his smile never wavered. Chinedu sat down, wrapping his tail loosely about his paws as he waited.

Uta

Shy Mage

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:43 am
Uta

"You're really the first living soul I've come across in a very long time." How long had it been since she'd seen another face? A while anyway since she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen Aedan so it was a very long time indeed. Watching him as he relaxed she figured she was in safe paws where she was, though she knew nothing about the pride in which he was a part of.

"Would you mind telling me about your pride?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 am
AstoriaFallen

The lion gave a small twitch of his tail as she explained the situation. "Ah, well I'm glad to break up the monotony, then. It can be a lonely world out there." Though he'd never lived a day alone in his life, Chinedu knew their pride was a bit more isolated than most. Still, that didn't mean he couldn't feel the pang of loss, or the desire for company when the nights were long and the sickness present; there were many in the pride who ached for those who were no longer with them.

Thankfully, though, this strangers looked well for having been alone for so long -- but he wondered if she would soon flee as soon as he explained. This was when the dark furred lion gave a small dip of his head, an ear flicking thoughtfully. "Er,--" he hesitated just a moment at her request, before giving into the inevitable. He almost wished the guards or a scout would come along -- someone who was better prepared at this sort of surprise. Another small clearing of his throat -- this time it had nothing to do with his sickness -- before he found the right words. "Well, we're a close-knit pride. We're ruled by a King and Queen, and tend to keep to ourselves. We work alongside leopards, hybrids, and even some hyenas -- anyone who finds themselves on our border is welcome." He smiled, as such words were quite genuine. He loved his pride... but it came at a heavy cost.

"The...uh, problem is that many of us in the Kitwana are... sick." His ears flattened a bit closer, lost in his plush mane. "There's a disease that runs through many of the lions n the pride. Not all lions, or lion-hybrids, get it but some do. It's why we rely on outside help -- non-lions aren't affected by it, and some of the lions in the pride are as healthy as anyone. We do take care in making sure visitors and guests don't contract the sickness, though, so rest assured you're perfectly safe here, or talking to me." He carefully glanced up at the strange lioness, offering her a self-deprecating little grin.

"But I know it's not for everyone. You're welcome to stay on these outer perimeters as long as you need! If you need water, or food, I can certainly direct you to where you'll be provided for; one thing we have are some of the best healers around," he added, almost like it was some sort of joke.

Mph. But he was certain it would fall flat.

"I"m an apothecary myself. You caught me farther out than I usually go, so I'm afraid I'm not used to explaining all this." He confessed with a small sigh.

Uta

Shy Mage

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:27 pm
Uta

The fact he was so pleasant truly helped settle her nerves, especially given her circumstances. She probably knew more than most how lonely it really could be but she wasn't about to just go on about her woe's she was bigger than that. Plus there was different kinds of lonely.

As she awaited anxiously for him to tell her about his pride she couldn't help but notice his hesitancy and she curled her tail around a foot and listened as he finally began to speak. When he mentioned that there were many in the pride that were sick she wondered what kind, but he carried on explaining and she gave a small nod of her head.

Still, just because they were sick didn't mean that the place was terrible right? She felt her heart ache for those that were sick and those that might be deterred by the information they had been told. "I am sorry to hear that such an illness ravages your lands. I am happy to hear that there are those of you who do what they can to try and prevent others from contracting it."

She was a little nervous but hearing that he was one of those such lions who were well trained in the art of medicine made her relax still.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 pm
AstoriaFallen

Chinedu was glad that the lioness hadn't bolted away at the first mention of their illness. He knew it could be quite off-putting to deal with -- and part of him didn't blame them. Who wanted to be around the ill? They were a colony of plagued lions, and yet, life very much continued in their pride lands. Not all within were sick, and even those that were could still go on and live productive lives. Was it so wrong to want to keep living, to have a family, to resist dying out? Was it so wrong to keep their pride alive?

Thankfully, the pale lioness didn't seem too disturbed by where she had landed. He gave her another smile and a small shrug. "No need to be sorry," he assured. "We may be cursed, we may have a disease, but I promise, we're no different than any other pride. We're a hardy and independent lot, if only because most just stay away, and I get it... Who would want to raise a family here? And yet, I was born here, and I don't regret my life. It might get cut shorter than some, but I feel I cherish it more. Every day is a gift, and we have to live by that motto here." He wasn't, of course, trying to preach to the poor lioness, but he certainly didn't want her to think the pride was to be pitied. It was an unusual pride, but they carried on.

Uta

Shy Mage

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Uta

Listening as he spoke, it struck her heart strings in a way that just shook her. Placing a paw against her chest she looked at the ground for a moment, could she have that much passion for a place? She had thought she had such devotion to Aedan but it had been nothing more than an infatuation, which had taken her a few years to realize. Thinking about her home she had left, she wondered if she would of had that kind of a connection to it had she been able to stay there.

"I think that is a beautiful motto." Her eyes found his and she gave him a smile. "Would it be okay," Looking around a moment she refocused her attention on him, "If I stayed here a time?" She wanted to get a feel for her, see if this was a place she could call home.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:19 pm
AstoriaFallen
I think that's a wrap?

Chinedu was surprised by the lionesses sudden intrigue. He couldn't have guessed she would have asked to linger, much less stay a while. Most travelers turned the other way as soon as they came upon the Kitwana'antara, and part of the lion didn't blame them. Dealing with the sickness wasn't exactly pleasant, and the loss the entire pride felt with each passing was palpable. But life also was at play within the pride. How many cubs were born? How many lives did they save on a daily basis? Most of the pride didn't just succumb without a fight, and they made every day worth their while, for it could well be their last.

Giving a swish of his tail, the lion offered Velia a smile. "If that's what you'd like, you're more than welcome to linger. There are some parts of the pride that are quarantined. Those are closer to the heart of the pride, and well within its borders. Get too close and you might not be allowed to leave," he warned gravely. "But the lands closest to the borders are fair game and quite safe. I can notify the guards, and you'll be otherwise left alone. If you follow me, I can show you one of the safe watering holes, and some of the sights our pride has to offer."

He wouldn't take up too much of her time... But he would make sure she was comfortable. "Follow me!" He beamed, happily encouraging the other to follow. And with that, Chinedu began his border-tour, hoping the lioness might enjoy what the Kitwana'antara did have to offer.

Uta

Shy Mage

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Uta
Yee! That's a wrap!

When he smiled she couldn't help but feel welcomed and it was a wonderfully peaceful feeling for her. "Oh that's wonderful to hear. I can make sure to steer clear of any spots that are quarantined." She didn't want to cause any issues, though would it be so bad if she found herself stuck here if she were to accidentally cross into the quarantined zones? Listening as he continued on about a few other things she gave a nod of her head. She could be sure to keep all of that in mind and make sure to remember the do's and don'ts of the pride she was currently in. When he asked her to follow him she gave a bright smile and tagged long after the kind male.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games