Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP-Log/Viking] What. you will? (Kristanf x Mohana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 am
Quote:
Another day meant another chance at a viking! This time, Kristanf knew he was going to do it right. There was no way in hell he would let that Sitara or Valkyrie take his glory in a thrall capture again. He was the reaver, and they were just the freeborn at the time! That was his job, not theirs.

This time, Kristanf decided to go out with a smaller group. He had learned some words from other reavers in the pride that could help him in his thrall captured (though, some were impressed he had managed to convince a lioness to lay with him before her servitude began). Kristanf wondered if all thralls would be like that. Shaking his head, he did not dwell on the thoughts. He needed to analyze every mission, for they could have different outcomes. What could be considered an difficult mission one time, may be easy the next.

Pale eyes scanned the area. There was a scent of another nearby, but where. Time to put his tracking skills to use. The lion followed his nose, ears alert for any sound that another would make.

Quote:
Mohana stretched out in the sun and contemplated her life and her plans. She felt more than a bit lost. For so long she’d been focused on staying alive and keeping her daughters fed and safe, but now they were grown and off living their own lives. Even her faithful companion Bipin, the orphaned ratel she had rescued and who had grown up at her side, had left to find a mate and make his own family. He’d promised to return, of course, but until then she was quite alone and she was at a loss as to what to do with her life.

She knew there was no point to linger at this small oasis. Bipin would be gone for awhile and could find her no matter where she went. Still, the small watering hole was pleasant and truthfully, Mo was hoping that it might draw some company to her. She craved purpose for her life.

Perhaps she should follow Bipin’s lead and try to find a mate. The father of her daughters had been a foolish, youthful fling and he’d left the picture quickly when he had learned she was pregnant. But being a mother had flipped Mo’s life upside down. It had made her strong and passionate and brought out the best in her. There was nothing she enjoyed more than caring for others. Maybe she could find a place in a pride. The last one she had tried to join had broken apart and because of that, she had no real place to call home. She knew there were prides around this area, though she didn’t know how welcoming they might be. But all prides needed caretakers or nanny’s and Mo could fill that position well.

This long train of thoughts had Mohana completely preoccupied and she was utterly unaware that the small, deserted oasis had gotten someone else’s attention and that she was not as alone as she seemed.

Quote:
The lion had tracked down the other near the small water hole. He took in her appearance. She wasn't as little as his other thrall, so that could prove more of a challenge for the male. Ah, he'd accept it if it came to it. He remembered some of the tips the reavers had told him about previously about how to capture a thrall. Be Nice, Be rough, Do not take no for an answer. Those were all good options. Opting for the easiest first, the lion strolled up to the other.

"Need some help there, miss?" The lion asked, watching her. He did not want to chase, but if he needed to he would do it better than his last interaction.

"It's not every day I stumble across someone out here by themselves. A lioness as pretty as you too? You shouldn't be out here on your own." He stated. He wasn't out in the roguelands every day. This was his third viking, second as an official reaver status. His first outing had been for almost a month. In Kris's opinion, that was a little too long to be away from home.

Quote:
Lost in her own thoughts, Mohana was badly startled by the male lion’s sudden appearance. She started upright and tried not to appear as embarrassed as she felt. She knew better than to get so preoccupied that she didn’t pay attention to her surroundings. She’d been fiercely protective of her cubs when they were small, but ah, so much time had passed since then that her instincts had grown a little lax. Still, she figured that she could take care of herself. Mo was a peaceful lioness and usually opted for talking her way out of any difficult situation. If that didn’t work, she could run away. That had not been an option with small cubs and with Bipin, but by herself, she was quick enough.

This lion didn’t appear all that threatening though. Yet. And Mo was lonely after all. Perhaps this was someone she could talk to!

“Hello there,” she said with a kind smile. It was in her nature to be more kind than cautious, so his vaguely threatening words slid right off of her.

“Oh, I am doing quite fine, thank you. I know this area pretty well. I was just enjoying the sunlight and the water.”

Mohana realized belatedly that this small oasis could have been claimed as part of a pridal territory without her being aware of it. She thought this area was unclaimed, but she had been wrong before and this wouldn’t be the first time to be chased off my border guards.

“Forgive me,” she said with chagrin, “Am I trespassing? I can leave if need be.” Mohana was nothing if not courteous.

Quote:
So she knew the area well, hmm. That could be problematic. Don't ruin this, Kristanf. the male scolded himself, flashing the female a smile. "Well that's good. I'd hate to see something happen to you out here, but if you know the area, surely you know some good hiding spots." Kristanf was a bit of an awkward lion to speak too. His social skills were subpar, at best.

The lion shook his head. "Not my territory, although I am not sure it is claimed by anyone." His nose lifted to the air. Nothing caught his attention, so the land was free game. "Nope, I think you are good for now."

"Are you out here by yourself? No one is with you? Do you ever get lonely being all alone?" He asked one question after another, not leaving her enough time to answer. When there was a pause in his statement, his ears flickered forward, waiting for the response. He took an opportunity to get closer to the female

"You like the water, huh?" His pride own pride had cliffs surrounded by it. Perhaps he could persuade her to see it. The sunlight... that was a different story. The incessant drizzle the lands seemed to always have could be a turnoff for some.

"How rude of me, going on with no introduction. My name is Kristanf."

Quote:
When she said she knew the area well, Mohana really meant that she vaguely recognized the surroundings. But she was relieved to hear that the land was unclaimed. The last thing she wanted was to offend some kind of aggressive pride.

There was something about the lion’s awkward way of speaking that reminded Mo of her daughters, which subconsciously brought out her mothering instincts and warmed her to him. So she blithely ignored warning bells in the back of her mind that he might not have the best of intentions.

“Lonely? Yes, I do get lonely,” she said, with a sad smile. “All the family that I have are off following their own paths at the moment.”

His quick changes of subject didn’t bother her.

“Yes, I have always liked the water,” said Mo, eyes flicking toward the small pond. “It’s very calm and peaceful.”

Realizing that she was also neglecting her manners, she hastened to introduce herself as well.

“It’s nice to meet you, Kristanf. I am Mohana. Do you live around here?” she asked politely, the very soul of courtesy.

Quote:
"Ah. Then we could change that you know." The lion offered. "You come back to my pride, you will be my thrall." He would not delve into what a thrall was unless the female asked for it. "In return, I offer you my companionship while I'm in the pride, and the companionship of others when I am away."

"My pride is also near water, so if that is something you enjoy, it could be all the more reason to agree, wouldn't you say?" His eyebrows rose, trying to sound convincing. So he wasn't the most persuasive of lions. He was young, and still learning the ways of being a Reaver.

Mohana and Kati. He liked the sound of having those two names in his den. "I don't live too far, maybe a day or two travel depending on the travel party." If he were traveling by himself, he'd probably be back in the two day mark, wanting to stop and rest every so often. Being with others had pushed him to not be as lazy as he normally would be.

"What's say you? Come with me, and you won't be lonely anymore,"

Quote:
Mohana blinked, quite taken aback by Kristanf’s sudden offer and use of terms that she didn’t understand. Become a thrall? What was a thrall?

Still, despite the fact that she had only just met this male and he was essentially a complete stranger to her, she was tempted by the offer. Mo was lonely. Her daughters didn’t need her. Bipin rightfully deserved his own family. Who knew how long it would take for him to find that for himself. And in the meantime, Mohana knew no one. She had no friends, no family, no home to turn to. So the idea of a home, even one that was strange to her, was more tempting than it should be.

Besides, it was quite obvious to her that Kristanf was still a young male, likely trying to prove himself no matter what his pride specifically believed. And the maternal, compassionate part of her yearned to care for him and to help him. Secretly, Mohana wished for more cubs after all. Being a mother was what she was born to do. And maybe there would be others in the pride that she could care for.

She might regret it, but really, she had nowhere else to go and no other options, so she turned to give the male her answer.

“Okay, yes, I will come with you.”

Quote:
Kristanf's eyes widened slightly, and ears perked forward. Wait. What? Did...did she just agree? Well.. Kati had agreed at first, but then changed her mind when he wouldn't hunt her a meal, she upped an changed her mind, leaving Kristanf shocked but the quick disappearance. In the end, he had gotten what he wanted from the female and more.

Trying to contain his excitement, Kristanf just smirked. "Alright then, let's head out. The sooner we get going, the sooner we get you to your new home. I think you will love it." The pale lion told her, walking around the female to admire his prize before nudging her shoulder.

"This way," he took a small step forward, making sure Mohana was in step with him.

Two thralls down. How many more could he gather?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 am
Quote:
Mohana fell in step quickly enough, both bemused and confused at her whirlwind decision and abrupt change in her life. Still, at least she had a plan of some kind now and a purpose. She’d felt lost simply wandering without anything to guide her time. Yes, she was a bit worried since she knew almost nothing about her new home. But still..... Kristanf seemed like he would be good enough company and it sounded like the pride he was part of was a large one. Mo longed for family and now it seemed, she might actually find one. Even if it was found in the most unconventional way.

Forcing herself to relax and not to worry about things she couldn’t control, she followed along with Kristanf and focused her attention on imagining what her new home would be like.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces