Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Dancing to my own tune (Poe & Chenzira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 pm
User Image

The black cheetah was humming a light tone as he walked, skipping as he walked to his own song. He was scouting at the moment - which meant that technically speaking, he was working, but that was no reason he couldn't be enjoying himself as he did so.

He briefly wondered where Eadgar could be, before shrugging. His bird companion could do what he wanted, and perhaps the little stiff had found himself a pretty lady to spend the day with. Work or not, the call of the fairer sex was not to be ignored! Besides, he was an able-bodied cheetah. He could handle scouting on his own.

With a sway of his hips, he began walking sideways to his own beat. As he approached a small stream, he leapt up and began walking nimbly across it.

Keantha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 pm
MangoMeow

"Shiny? Shiny? Shiny where are you?!" An anxious voice called out followed by almost a cub like chirp of distress. With his attention drawn, it would be kinda hard to miss the bright green and blue male cheetah frantically darting about. For all that he looked like an adult, he sounded like an anxious cub.

"Shiny please where did you go?!"

Spinning in circles, Chen blinked seeing the other male standing there. He paused before racing over, stopping almost in the other male's face asking plantivly "Have you seen my Shiny?"

Keantha

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:01 pm
Distracted as he was with his humming, Poe would have had to have been deaf not to hear the calls nearby. Ears flicking in that direction, he tilted his head to glance at the other cheetah. Well, they were quite the loud one, weren't they? Though they appeared to be searching for someone. He hadn't seen anyone else during his scouting....

And then the other cheetah got right up into his face. Blinking in surprise, Poe took a glance to either side of them, "Uh... Nope. Sorry." He gave him a long stare, wondering if he should be concerned about a random male wandering around their lands. Then again, they were a nomadic pride, and one that favored cheetahs. What did they care, so long as the rogue didn't cause trouble - which Poe doubted he would. He seemed far more concerned about his missing 'Shiny'.

Who names their kid Shiny? What a horrible name.

.... Wait, what if this wasn't a person?

Poe cleared his throat, "If I may ask, could you describe who," or what, "Shiny is?"

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 pm
MangoMeow

Chen blinked at him confused and sad when he said he hadn't seen Shiny. What did he mean by his questions?? "Shiny is shiny. He's bright and pretty and friendly. He's even brighter than me! " Chen giggled the tip of his tail twitching wildly.

Ok, so the boy wasn't the brightest bulb in a pack apparently. Still he seemed sweet enough.

"Shiny sings and dances and we play games together. He rides on my head or back when he's not flying to watch out for us. Shiny is my best friend but I can't find him."

Keantha

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:46 am
Hmm, well that wasn't the most helpful response he could have gotten, but at least he'd gotten a few things. Shiny was brightly colored and a bird of some sort, or at least, he assumed a bird, because what other creature flies? So at least it was indeed a living being.

Unfortunately, Poe had seen a lot of birds today, but as most were flying, none had caught his interest enough to do more than acknowledge they were there.... and not Eadger. Mostly that they weren't Eadgar. But none, that he could remember, were brightly colored. So the cheetah shook his head once more, "Yes, unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone like that."

And then he paused to consider the other male again, before huffing and puffing his chest out, "But I am a Spotter, and if there's something that needs to be found, I can find it."

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:37 pm
MangoMeow

"You'll help me find Shiny?!" Chen's whole face lit up with glee as he began to dance in place. "Oh thank you, thank you! Shiny is my bestest friend in the WHOLE world!! He's the bestest, you'll like him!"

Humming happily, he bounced in a circle wiggling and dancing like a happy cub. "If you help me find Shiny, we can be bestest friends too!"

Keantha

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:13 pm
Poe stared as the other male hopped around in joy, wondering at how old this cheetah was. He was pretty sure he was an adult, but with the way he was acting, he wasn't entirely sure anymore. Ah, well, perhaps he was simply a large adolescent, yet untouched by the realities of the world.

He gave a chuckle at the "bestest friends" comment, "Well then, we'd best start looking." Who was he to let down a youngling in trouble? Besides, it was a good chance to show off, er, practice his skills. "I'm Poe, by the way. Spotter extraordinaire of the Dumanne coalition."

The black cheetah cast a glance around them, making sure to scan the sky as well. A bird would be more difficult to track, given how they could fly wherever they pleased, but not wholly impossible. "Do you know what direction Shiny would have gone? Anything that would have caught his attention?"

Keantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm
MangoMeow

"Friend? What does that word mean? Coalition?" Chen asked curiously his big blue eyes watching Poe trustingly. When he asked about Shiny Chen chirped with a nod "Shiny likes going to visit Mrs. Shiny. Sometimes there are baby Shinies. They are very cute and will ride on my back while I run. I'm the fastest runner in my family."

He beamed at Poe sweetly head cocked to the side, "Is being the fastest runner like being the bestest spotter?"

Keantha

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:36 pm
He didn't know what a friend was? Coalition, okay. Poe could excuse that one because it wasn't a word often used. But 'friend'? Giving the other cheetah a narrow look, he snorted, "A friend is basically what Shiny is." Hm, how does one describe what a friend was? He had honestly never thought about it. "It's... when someone is close to you that you enjoy being around." Sure, that worked.

As Chen continued with describing Shiny, the black cheetah hummed, "Well, could he have gone to visit 'Mrs. Shiny'?"

Poe puffed out his chest as he asked about what a Spotter was, "Not exactly. I'm the best at tracking. Scouting. Keeping watch for anything around our land." He cocked his head to the side, "So finding your friend shouldn't be too difficult for me."

Keantha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:38 pm
MangoMeow

Chen bursted into giggles as he danced around Poe. "Silly! I know what friend means! I did not know what the other word means." He pranced about humming happy that his new friend would help him find Shiny.

"I don't think so. He normally tells me if he's going to see her. He doesn't like it when I get lost looking for him and he has to explain to mama what happened."

Chen's smile was sweet and innocent as he watched Poe, ears perked as he tail twitched. Clearly the boy was a little touched in the head but he seemed sweet enough.

Keantha

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:00 pm
Poe hummed back as he watched the other hop about, unsure if he should really be helping someone who clearly wasn't quite... there. He'd already said he would though, and he wasn't the type to pass up showing off his skills.

Snorting at Chen's explanation, the cheetah turned his gaze around to scan the immediate area. "So wouldn't it make sense to wait for him to get back instead of getting lost, as you may very well have just done?"

He shook his head, "Regardless, we should get moving. I'm sure we'll find traces of him somewhere." Poe motioned with his head and then began walking, confident that the other would follow.

Keantha
I think this is probably about a good place to end this one off at. 3nodding Here or with your next post, I think.

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games