[PRP] moving on up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:03 pm
After meeting with Njia, Ciro headed towards the War Lord's quarters. It was now or never. Ciro was ready to become Captain, and wanted to prove to himself and his pride that he could do this. All he needed though, was acceptance from the chief at hand.

Ciro hadn't personally met Zjarri'fol. He may have come across her a few times during the pride, but other than that nothing.

There were a few ways for Ciro to become a captain, either he would take over his old captain's band in the event of his death (he was very much still alive) or he would need to be appointed. The reaver hoped the list of his accomplishments would be well enough for the other.

It was now or never. The lion strolled up to the female Warlord, a small glint in his eye. "Warlord Zjarr'fol, I do not believe we have had the pleasure of actually meeting."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:32 am
The lioness was speaking with another when her company pointed a clawed toe towards a lion approaching her. She didn't turn around right away, but she instead took a slow inhale. An unannounced visit could mean any number of things, not that she had had a bad experience, yet. To her surprise as she turned around her pink eyes settled on a well muscled, dark coated, and eager looking male. The eagerness was well calmed, suggesting experience and a cool head.

"No, I don't believe we have." She smiled slowly and warmly. It wasn't necessarily inviting, but pleasant enough for company. Zjarri kept her reactions well guarded and under control. "I've seen you in passing - though you haven't been present for a while." She admitted casually suggesting that it's possible he either was out reaving or perhaps in hiding? She presumed the earlier and caught onto why he might be here, but she wasn't about to let herself get wrapped up into assumptions - he had a case to present to her afterall.

"Ciro. What brings you here?" She finally asked, recalling a nickname she had heard before for the dark lion.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:56 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

"Indeed. I've been assisting with a few other Reavers on their own vikings, as well as training my newest thrall into thralldom." Those who knew Ciro knew he did not take thralls. Something was different with the female he had ended up keeping for himself, and already he was struggling to figure out how thrall-ownership worked. He wasn't doing it well, it was obvious to those who would see the interaction between Ruka and himself, however he was determined, and wouldn't let his stubborness nor the white female's get in the way.

"I have come with a request. I wish to lead my own band, become Captain. I believe I can tell you numerous accomplishments that I had done, as well as many ways I have benefited the pride as a Reaver. The problem is, I know I can do more, and while I respect my current Captain, I am held back from releasing my potential for the pride by staying in this position." His voice was calm, low, although his heart was racing inside.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:15 am
KasaiLoki

"How intriguing." The words were passed slowly as she seemed to ponder over what he had said. Training was an accurate way to describe what happened, but peculiar. "You have a few?" Her question related to the way he had spoken.

By the time she had fashioned her second question he had seemed to form one of his own, ultimately it was the one he had likely made the trip for.

Silence was hers to hold onto while she considered what he had said. Though he was composing himself on the outside his words gave him away, his heart was likely a flutter. She worried about what that might mean for his future, but was reminded that excitement often caused the same reaction as she recalled her own entrance into becoming a Captain. Captaincy was an honorable position, one that was often earned throug respect and devotion to the pride - the lion before her had both.

Moments had passed while she let her pink gaze wander over him slowly. The act was purposely and gave her an opportunity to watch him squirm a little - something her seat in power afforded her. "I believe that you have likely achieved numerous things, if memory serves me well." Zjarri'fol didn't pause long before continuing. "Would you care to tell me about these accomplishments? Or perhaps one that builds a foundation to lead towards your goal." Her ears flicked ever so slightly as a boisterous group made noises not far from them, but when it became apparent they weren't about to show up and ruin such a moment she flicked them back towards her company.

Then waited.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Ciro shrugged slightly.

"I have a bird bond named Gwenhwyfar," he advised, "and then the most recent addition in Ruka." The spitfire of a lioness if Ciro had none one. The only reason he ended up claiming her was so his Captain would not. He knew what kind of touchy feely lion that male was, and it would not benefit the pale beauty one bit. The Reaver, however, would not let that be known to the War lord.

The lion before Zjarri did not flinch as she was silent. He had heard stories of this tactic. What sort of Captain would he be if just her glance and silence could make him squirm in the spot. Instead, his gold gaze stared right into her light one.

"Perhaps my most recent one," well, recentl-ish. "Somehow one of our thralls managed to make it past the border undetected. She has the mere mindset of a child, but she was found a few miles from here." That was the mission that started Ciro's mindset in becoming his own leader. He was proud of that accomplishment, if merely for the fact he had made Astrus happy her mother was home. "Rest assure that thrall is under constant watch so it won't happen again." Astrus would make sure of that.

"Also, we have a new member who passed her duel first try. If it is not too bold to say, I was the one who found her on a viking. She will be a great asset to this pride." Ciro loved seeing what Njia had become. He was no traditionalist, and liked to see the pride flourish equally.

"Under my guidance as a Captain, you will see more of these lions and lioness thrive like the rogueblood has."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Impressive.

She laid back her ears and raised them again almost immediately after. "Sounds like you have some good individuals to use for a second set of eyes, as well as support with bringing home goods." Her words were carefully chosen. The position of Thrall had begun to see a new light recently.. and often times they were seen as near equals or treated better than even some freeborn. The changes had made her shift in her seat a little on more than one ocassion. She wasn't about to wage a war on the subject, but she did mean to raise it a number of times - if things would just settle in the pride for more than a day.

"I'll make a note of that." Her nose wrinkled at the thought of their Thralls getting loose. "Have you got any idea who might have been there?" Zjarri was intrigued that one of their own was relaxed enough to let something like this happen. It was fortunate that Ciro was around to catch sight of it. "That type of indiscretion cannot be tolerated, and I appreciate that you've made certain it won't happen again."

"Oh?" Under the guidance of him... Zjarri could have almost giggled. The rogues that had gotten in recently had been lack luster. None had gotten her attention, but that didn't mean a few good ones didn't seep through. "It seems you truly are an asset to the pride." Her eyes were still focused on him, but she had taken them off of him to look at the ceiling while she thought about what he was requesting.

"It sounds like you understand the laws of our home, the requirements of the position you are seeking - and those laws you don't understand, you will." She mused lightly and her eyes returned to him as she spoke. "Do you have any friends that may already be a Captain?" Her request might appear odd, but new Captains might need guidance aside from the norm. If anything she'd be willing to help, but leaving the pride as the Warlord was not an option.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Ciro found himself shaking his head at the question. "I don't, and I could not get her to tell me either." She probably didn't remember with her mindset. "And I agree."

"My own Captain has taught me well. Whatever laws I do not understand I will learn quickly." Although he was unsure what that would portray to. He'd find out, if it were to ever come to it.

Her next question found the reaver shaking his head. "Only my own. I have reaver friends who may with to become Captain in the future however." It was a weak offer, but the male continued. "I am always open to traveling or learning from other Captains though. You were a successful one to have become the War Lord, however I do not think you would be best suited (no offense). But, if you have recommendations I would gladly hear them and seek them out." He flashed as smirk. "Although, I would not be against your own guidance, should you wish." At least he kept the offer out.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:04 pm
Zjarri'fol remained silent as he continued to speak. Captains teaching Captains were a vital part of maintaing their standards - if there were any. She smiled slightly as he continued to speak and even at his honesty.

"I don't believe I have time to leave the pride long enough to support you the way you may need supporting." She mused lightly, but attempted to wash away any concern of having offended her. "I'm sure you'll find others among the rank that will gladly work along side you." Her thoughts drifted to Sabia'deimos, the lioness she'd grown to know as a best friend.

"No, no. I won't be your guide." She removed the polite offer. "You'll find that most of the learning will likely be in the field." Thoughts of her own vikings came to mind as she recalled dark scenarios that were not about to fade from her memory. "The times might be trying, devastating, and plenty of work. But everything is a learning experience which you will eventually pass along to another." Zjarri almost wished she could drop her rank and head to the wide, wonderful world. It was so easy to get lost in the vastness of the roguelands.

"Did you have any plans?" She queried lightly, merely curious now.

KasaiLoki

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:39 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

“Ah…” Ciro chuckled. “That busy war lord schedule, hmm.” He jested, shifting his paws in the first of the den. He probably was starting to overstay his welcome.

“That is my intention.” Ciro said casually. He hoped others would strive to be like him one day. (At least in the rank aspect, not necessarily in her personal life. Ciro wasn’t ready to share the ladies.) “I guess only time will tell.”

He gave the darker female a curious look. “Plans?” He asked, head tilting. “For…?” he questioned, an eyebrow quirked.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games