Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] But Work Needs to Be Done (Sa'do and Alusia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm
He had been there for at least for a few days now or at least that was his entire understanding in between falling unconscious for long periods of time. It was hard to judge even what time of day it was, what day it was other than the occasional information given to him by Rynnsaith. Despite every amount of snide comment and little joke about this being the only time he ever seemingly took a break the oversized bronze dragon had still a hint of concern in his voice. There wasn’t much of surprise that the bronze was trying to do his best to give an impression that he didn’t give the least amount of care over his rider’s health but Rynnsaith wasn’t much for sentiment. At least it meant he got a little freedom from Sa’do’s constant need to be not only doing work around the weyr but training every other free minute they had.

Which meant that every hour he was spending glued to the bed meant another hour he was wasting when there was something to be done. It made his skin crawl with anxiety that he wasn’t following his usual schedule,hell, he couldn’t even tell what day it was to even know what duties and sweeps he was suppose to handling. The blue eyes scanned around, most of the healers were busy and he felt marginally better and other than feeling like the occasional death warmed over but he could deal with it. It wouldn’t be hard to sort of just, wander out of there, except for Rynnsaith yelling at him for not resting like he is suppose to. Sitting up he swung his legs to the side, pausing for the spinning in his head to slow down.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:10 pm
stella cinere
Oops. He got caught!

"And just where do you think you're off to, hmm?" A voice broke through the relative quiet of the infirmary, directed squarely at Sa'do. "I don't think you're quite ready to be back on your feet, you know."

The woman that caught the bronze rider trying to sneak had only just arrived. She was a tall, leggy blonde, whom Sa'do would recognize as one of the usual kitchenstaff. Alusia worked in the Lower Caverns, and was a mother of three. Her son and daughter had both impressed at Uridith's hatching, and she herself had, at one time, been a Candidate herself.

Her story wasn't a secret -- she was Courtesan trained, and she had been known to stir up quite a fuss when she'd been younger and bolder.

Now, she was content to help the Weyr as she could, and entertained in different ways than she had as a youth. While she was no healer, she knew how to comfort and mother those who were ill; and after having raised three children, she knew well how to tend to certain ills. High Reaches needed all the healers it could get, and Alusia had signed up to volunteer her free time as soon as word got out that the healers were in need.

While she did have a limit of what she could do, ensuring that the restless men and women of High Reaches didn't escape wasn't one of them. "Come now, get back in bed, and lie down for me." She spoke in her usual sultry manner, but her body language was firm enough that she wouldn't hesitate to take Sa'do by the ear and make sure the man listened. Sa'do could have been the Weyrleader himself, and she wouldn't be any less convinced to leave him be.

"You're going to need all the rest you can get."

Masterharper
Vice Captain

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:08 pm
It took a moment for the spinning to slowly subside, only to be replaced by the sensation of jelly in his knees as he attempted to stand up again and take a step, then two towards the bed across from him. He leaned heavily against the frame reluctantly glad the the patient in the bed was rather indisposed for the time being. Rynsaith said something along the lines of staying in bed and resting was probably a better idea than planning a sneak out but he quickly ignored him. The thought of putting off his duties for another day would only continue to haunt him like an unwanted ghost.

Taking a few more steps he managed to get around the edge of the bed before a voice with some sort of authority nearly made him jump out of his skin. Turning he saw an older woman, unfamiliar heading in his direction as Rynsaith sent a snicker rippling through him, so much for escaping and getting anything done any time soon. A frown easily found its way to his lips, the brown eyes watching the woman with some disdain of interrupting his plan.

“I feel perfectly fine. I need to get back, I have work to do and sitting around here is only making the situation worse. Besides someone more needy can use my bed instead of myself.” The frown only deepened as he study her over again, there was a sense that she wasn’t going to let him go easily.

“I’ve rested enough.”

Masterharper
DUNDUNDUUUNNNN

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:21 pm
stella cinere

Alusia let a brow arch on her face, and an amused smile tickled the corners of her lips as the man frowned at her. Oh, he thought he was going to get away so easily? Honestly, he looked a mess, could hardly walk, and he thought frowning at her was going to help his situation any? Please.

So it was, she sauntered up to Sa'do with her usual grace. Just because she was no longer actively a Courtesan, or go by the name Lady Saffron, didn't mean that Alusia had lost an ounce of her grace. Her smile broadened, and mirth danced in her eyes. It was clear who was in charge, and Sa'do was not it.

"Darling, please," she shook her head, bridging the distance between them. "Sitting around here is exactly the sort of work a man in your condition should be doing. I would have thought better of a fine man like you, disobeying Healers orders. There is work enough to be done, and it will all be there when you are cleared to leave. Now, are you going to come back to bed, dear, or are you still going to insist on making a run for it?" She asked innocently. She wouldn't be afraid to guide the man back from where he left, or drag him back. Given how ill he'd been, it would take some time to get him fully recuperated -- and some physical therapy would likely be needed with how weak his legs looked.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas