Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:52 am
Itrailde was still very wary of how things were for the pride given everything that had happened in the past. Her leg had healed but it hadn't healed in a way that was going to keep her alive if she ever left out on her own, but she wasn't sure what her place was anymore so she had a great deal of thoughts running through her head about everything. She had sacrificed everything when the fight broke out and had done what she could for those she could and had gotten severely injured in the process. At least she was alive and so were those she had helped. Taking a deep breath she took a seat by the waters edge and stared down at her reflection.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:52 am
Bwana was getting used to his role as a retired king, mostly spending his time strengthening moral after everything that had happened. With the war ended and the pride slowly working its way back to normal, there seemed little else for him to do but slowly help those around him without letting himself forget that he was no longer the leader of the place. It was... strange. Nice, but strange.

As he moved along the lands, he noticed a female not far ahead of him at a river. He sauntered his way over, the large purple lion wearing a kind, gentle expression despite his intimidating size and former title. "Hello, my dear," he offered gently, "how are you this evening?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 am
She looked over at Bwana and gave him a smile, she remembered the celebration they'd had not too long before the disaster had struck their midst. "I am well, just lost in thoughts." Her voice was quiet but not low enough that she couldn't be heard.

"What of you?" Curious to know how he was doing given everything that had happened to the pride he had once ruled over. It was so strange to think of the changes their home had gone through in such little time, yet here they were. "Funny how life works isn't it?" It was a little random but it fit her thoughts.  
"Oh, I am very well, thank you for asking," chuckled the large male, coming up to sit himself down beside her. He had no concerns that she might attack him- this wasn't the rogue lands. Nothing like that happened here, even if you were not completely familiar with lions. Sure, new members might be on edge, but that was all the more reason to treat them warmly. He smiled at Itrailde, thoughtful.

"Yes, funny in a cosmic kind of way. It has been a trying time, hasn't it? But I suppose that's to be expected, all things considered. We deal with hardships and grow stronger from this. These last few battles will also bring strength to our pride, once everyone has a chance to recover, of that I am certain.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

She wouldn't say she was bitter, but she knew if she came across the lioness that had crippled her she would have to leave the area. There was no way she'd be able to look at her and be able to forgive her and knowing that she knew she wouldn't be able to tolerate her. IF she was around still anyway.

"You're most welcome." She replied with a small smile as she watched him take a seat. "It's going to be a bit of an adjustment period for us all." Hopefully the pride would somehow be better off from all it had gone through. Make them stronger as a group and make them appreciate one another more perhaps. Who was to say really. "I'm Itrailde by the way. I am familiar with who you are." Her voice was a little warmer as she began to relax.  
Bwana smiled. "Am I that well-known?" He teased lightly, offering her a polite bow of his head, "I suppose being the former king might do that, who knew? In any case, it is nice to meet you, Itrailde. So many years in this pride and I'm still meeting lions for the first time. I don't know if it means the pride continues to grow, or I'm just a wee bit negligent with meeting all the members." He chuckled merrily, looking down into the water. He didn't mind the lion looking back up at him- he had no regrets about what he had become or the path he had taken in his life. "Is everything well with you, Itrailde? Is there anything I can do to help in this time?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"It is a great deal of names to remember. So I'm sure we can cut you some slack." She gave a small laugh as she spoke, it was pure and genuine and it felt good. There were always new litters, new rogues and hermits coming out of the woodworks. She still had so many to meet herself and she wasn't even anyone important in the pride. She had never taken her role as a noble as being someone of that high of importance. She had considered herself a member of the pride like anyone else and had done what she could to help out. "Unless you can give me a new leg, probably not." She wasn't bitter about it, she was more annoyed than anything because hunting for herself was difficult now. It made her dependent on others and that bothered her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 am
Bwana looked down at her leg as she spoke, unable to stop himself. He frowned slightly, a sad expression passing over his face. It seemed so many had been hurt during the war. It was good it was over now, but considering the cost it felt like it was still a loss for them, even if they had managed to keep their home. How many had died? Fled? Been injured? It hardly seemed fair- this pride was meant to be a place of peace and performing. It was all because of his father. And those stupid former laws.

Now they would get stronger- they would move away from those times with Dromio in the lead. "I'm sorry," he commented softly, "for the injuries you obtained during those battles. If only I had the power, I would go find you that leg." He smiled weakly, though he was a bit crest-fallen. It pained him to see other members of his pride hurting in such a way.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

She smiled at his words, she didn't want him to feel bad for her missfortune. It was in fate's paws what had happened to her, it was no fault of his. "Your words are appreciated." Her eyes were soft and she kept her expression soft and gentle. Glancing towards the sky for a moment and then down towards her reflection. Would she change how anything went? No. She was proud of what she had done for her pride when things had turned for the worst and she wouldn't have it any other way. There was still much she had to adjust to still. She'd get the hang of it in time. "Well Bwana, I do believe the day is slipping from our paws. Would you care to walk with me?" She asked him as she stood up, the limp becoming apparent then.  
Bwana smiled, nodding as he dragged his old body back to its feet once more. "Yes, I would be happy to walk with you," he replied lightly. If nothing else, he could just offer his large body as support for the wounded lioness. He moved up beside her, offering a smile as he made his intentions rather clear just from how he was standing. "You just tell me where to go." Not everyone lived at the top of the mountain- he would have to get directions to find her den. It made him appreciate how easy it was for anyone to find him, if they really wanted to.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

She was glad he accepted her offer. "This way." Leading the way she followed a little known path she liked to use.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games