Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven
[PRP] Wingless Flight (Selflessness x Secrets)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 am
User ImageAll right. Now this was strange. Anhunanol knew he could fly, as all gods could, but he didn't have wings to flap. He didn't need them, apparently, as he found himself floating lightly in the air, spinning in circles as he struggled to figure out how to go forward without turning. He tried leaning a little left when going right and that did straighten him out a bit, but he always over compensated and ended up doing a barrel roll or changing direction.

He touched down in the snow with a sigh, his tail twitching from side to side in irritation. Practice made perfect, he knew, but starting was always the hardest part. He closed his eyes for a moment to center himself before focusing on the tip of a mountain ridge. He crouched and pounced into the air again, using his momentum to start off straight. A little turn to the left and he was slowly circling once more, unable to straighten out.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:38 pm
User Image

Kilunzi very much enjoyed flying, especially in her raven form. She drifted in casual formation with her companions Irc and Hem, her shimmering feathers distinct in comparison to their stark black and white forms. They cawed in delight, pleased that she’d joined them for their flight. She cawed back before something caught her attention from the corner of her eye.

There was another deity flying nearby, one she didn’t recognize. That wasn’t too unusual as Kilunzi often kept to herself and only regularly socialized with her sister. Simulizi was the talkative one, after all.

Still, this one was definitely pleasing to the eye, his coat relaxing colors. She wondered who she was but was unsure if she was welcome to approach. Deciding to air on the side of caution, she continued to circle with Irc and ahem at a polite distance, calling out a polite salutation.

“Hello there!” She pitched her voice to carry over the winds and waited to see if there was a reply.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Anhun muttered softly to himself as he managed to get back on track, slowly adjusting his trajectory. He found if he used his tail as a rudder it helped to keep him going towards his goal, and if he pulled up his paws they were less likely to make him veer off course. He kept his eyes trained on the ridge he was heading for, keeping his focus, ears pressed back against his head as he shifted his shoulders a bit to keep him from tilting-

And then someone called out to him. His whole body twitched in surprise and he looked around wildly, sending his near perfect flightpath into a spiral. He gave a startled yelp and quickly focused on the ground so his landing wouldn't be hard. He was pretty good at landing, thankfully, so when he made it back to the snowy ground it was a soft if not graceful landing.

"Oh dear," he said weakly, his voice slightly shaky from the startle. He finally looked up and spotted three ravens flying up above him. Anhun let out a slow breath to calm himself before calling out to them, his whole body hot with embarrassment.

"H-hello! Ah, sorry, you startled me a bit," he admitted with a chuckle. "Still trying to get this flying thing figured out."

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm
Kilunzi watched in horrified concern as the other god was clearly startled by her greeting. The three ravens circled lower watching as he landed with surprising grace considering his startled state. As soon as he was safely down, she hurried to land nearby, Irc and Hem right behind her.

“Oh goodness! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to startle you. Are you alright?” she hurried to ask, her beak clacking in agitation.

Realizing she was still in raven form, she pulled her focus together so she could shift to her normal form and properly apologize.

After a few seconds she quickly reappeared as herself. Shaking out her small, but fluffy wings, she moved closer before settling a polite distance away. Fortunately the male god didn’t seem injured, but definitely shaken up and she needed to make up for that.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:31 pm
"Yes, perfectly fine," Anhun confirmed after doing a little mental check of his body. Everything was fine, nothing was aching, and the only thing still out of sorts was the rate of his heart. Now that he was back on the snowy ground he relaxed and looked over at the ravens as they landed not far from where he stood. The grey raven was the one speaking, it seemed, and he wondered what three birds were doing all the way up here in the Haven. Perhaps they were the familiars of a god or goddess?

Before he could ask, the grey raven suddenly transformed into a lioness, her size and the small, fluffy wings on her back a dead giveaway as to who she was. As if transforming from a bird hadn't been hint enough. Anhun was once more startled, though this time not visibly so though his eyes did widen. He'd spoken with a few others from this realm and he knew that shapeshifting was something that could be done but he'd yet to see it happen in front of him.

"Ah...yes," he repeated, his mind having gone blank. "Just. Heh...still working out flying. I have landing down pretty well, thankfully. Need to start with safety." He grimaced at his own words, hopeful that the goddess didn't think him strange for being so bad at something that came naturally.

Sherpuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:51 am
SilverLutz

Kilunzi was a bit taken back by his response, but was starting to get an inkling that this might be a newer deity, one had who had ascended. Learning to fly was difficult, especially when you didn't have wings. She was lucky that she'd always had raven companions to help coach her. Like any fledgling, she'd been incredibly clumsy at first.

She smiled kindly at him.

"It really is difficult, I distinctly remember crashing into a tree when I was learning. My sister wasn't much better. It definitely becomes easier with practice."

Irc and Hem cawed their agreement. The smaller white male hopped forwards and bowed to the god in a show of respect which definitely caught Kilu's attention. They didn't do that for just everyone.

"I'm Kilunzi," she said with a respectful bow of her own, "Goddess of Secrets. These are my companions Irc and Hem."

"Nice to meet you," croaked Irc. The quieter Hem simply nodded.

"I really am sorry about startling you. I haven't seen any other deities in quite some time, other than my sister. So I was very excited to see you," said Kilu, her tail swishing sheepishly.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:02 pm
The fact that the goddess wasn't laughing at him or making condescending comments let Anhun to believe that she was hopefully the goddess of something not too terrifying. So far he'd only met gods and goddess that had been friendly and helpful and she seemed very sincere in her apology, as well as her own story of learning to fly. His smile turned from one of hesitation to relief, his ears slowly lifting from their place pressed against his head.

"That's good to know," he said, glancing at the small wings on her back. Surely they couldn't carry her without whatever magic all gods had, but at least she had something to flap. Though he wondered if that might make it harder in the long run.

The introduction made Anhun perk up a bit, his grey eyes focusing on each individual as they were introduced. He bobbed his head back when Irc bowed towards him, still a little unsure of how things were done so it was best to mimic, he found.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," he said as Kilunzi drew his attention back, her words kind and earnest. "And don't worry about it too much, I'm lucky it was you that startled me and not...well. Someone else." He'd yet to meet a less than savory god but he knew they were out there. Secrets was an interesting domain, he mused to himself as he took a small step forward, leaving behind the imprint of his body hitting the snow.

"I'm Anhunanol. God of Selflessness. Anhun is fine, though," he said, returning his name in exchange for hers and her familiars. "I'm quite glad to see someone else as well. I know it's just one mountain but it's a bit lonely up here." He'd been told many gods enjoyed spending time down with the mortals but he couldn't possibly go down there yet when he was still trying to figure things out about himself. That and he'd been warned that there were those down below who hunted and killed gods. It seemed no place was truly safe which was a bit worrying.

Sherpuff

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff