[PRP] Mortal Life [Tafari x Faun]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 pm
The journey before the wandering pride was a long one. They'd been traveling for quite some time and Faun was amazed to find more and more lions interested in joining them in search of the place of legend Nilak spoke of. Faun had a lot of lives riding on this bet and he felt a lot of guilt for not being able to guarantee that everything was going to work out.

Travel had been hard and not every stranger the wandering group came across had always had their best interest in mind. There had been plenty stolen and plenty taken advantage of. Faun was learning from these mistakes and part of him regretted leaving the haven in the mists but something in him kept his heart filled with hope and it was this hope that really out shined the doubt that crept up every once in a while.

Right now the sun was lowering and most were huddling up in groups to get some rest. Faun needed some time alone so he'd broken off from the group. The Chevaliers were on patrol so Faun didn't need to worry about the prides safety while he was off on his own. The gray lion wasn't so worried about him self which may have been a little arrogant but Faun was pretty sure of his abilities having served in his pridal military for most of his life. He was a decent enough warrior.

Off in the distance from the pride he'd found a decent enough area where he could watch as the sun's orange glow was slowly swallowed by the horizon. Every little bit the glow started to fade only aided the stars and darkness above which crept more and more until just a hint of the orange glow surrendered to the night. Now the stars were free to shine bright and loudly as there was no moon to hog attention away from them.

Faun went from a sitting position to a laying position resting his chin on his front paws. He sighed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 pm
User Image

Tafari didn't really have regular places he visited. He was a wanderer whenever it came to the mortal lands, if only because no mortals had ever persuaded him to stay very long. Occasionally, when it came to a particularly spectacular female he would stay long enough to provide her some safety, if she needed it, to see that his seed took and that she produced his offspring, but he never stayed to see the cubs and he never got to know any of them. Personal relations with mortals... what an appalling notion.

He spent a fair bit of time on the mountain that was the supposed home for deities such as himself, though he never saw more than one other god or goddess there at a time. The few times he'd been there in recent memory, he had met the goddess of zeal, a curious goddess with more energy than he could stand to be around and at a later date, the goddess of hazards. He had yet to come across a god on the "haven", but he suspected this would surely come about sooner or later. He didn't much care which.

He was in the mortal realm on this particular occasion, however, for he had grown bored of the desolate, freezing rock and sought out a warmer climate. By the time he had traveled down into the realm, it was already getting on into the hours of the night, what with the sun just beginning to set. He sighed and was flying about with his featherless wings, searching for an area that was out of the way enough that he wouldn't have to be bothered with mortal life. Then he spotted the unique group from below him. They possessed muted colors, he observed and since night had not yet fallen, he could not blame it on the cooler hues of the night's light.

He flew over them and eventually landed a distance away. Perhaps he would observe them from afar, he thought, to stave off his boredom, which was greater than his need for warmth or slumber. Yet, that was when he realized that he had landed close to another. The moment he turned his head even slightly, his crimson gaze met the deep blue eyes of a lion laying down. Tafari was still as stone for a moment, before moving slowly into a laying position himself.

"Who are you?" He asked, his voice deep and echoing, as though one had spoken into the mouth of a cave. A pause and then a flick of the ear towards the pride. "Are you with them?" He had never felt inclined to speak with such open curiosity about mortals before, but, he thought, he could always depart if he grew bored of them. They would all be dead in a simple century of seasons, or even less, anyway.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 pm
belloblossom

At fist the gray lion was sure he was drifting off to sleep as there was a dark winged shape that had landed just across from him. The crimson gaze met his own which had Faun blink slowly and lift his head quite curious. This beings voice was impressive and definitely not that of a standard creature. There was something special about this lion like being. While Faun would not say it allowed he could feel a little chill of fear mixed with a bit of excitement. Faun would not assume this was a god but having the experience he'd had growing up around innocence he was pretty sure this was a god.

"I am Faun'Lome and yes they are with me. I am their protector." He was speaking with the confidence of a leader despite his feelings earlier. Some how when he needed to be brave for others it was effortless. Right now he represented this wandering pride and he'd not let their faith be in vein, " May I ask, fair entity, what is it that brings you to my presence? It is an honor to have you show your self and I hope it is forgiven that I speak to you so frankly." He bowed his head out of respect to the not yet confirmed entity.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 pm
Tafari considered the other without moving. It was too tiresome to bother moving now that he had already laid down. He blinked slowly, however, his assent to the statement. The notion of a single lion such as this protecting such a large group was laughable, because all it would take would be the right amount of pressure applied to the little lion's spine and he would be unable to protect anyone anymore.

Yet, Tafari wasn't a malicious god. Leave that to the gods of death and hazards and bad luck. Even the harm he was doing to the ground and insects below him on his paws, turning the living to stone, only lasted for as long as he came into contact with them and even that he could turn off, if he really wanted to. He had forgotten that the mortal realm was effected by his powers, whereas the stone of the haven was not. He brushed a paw slowly against granite grass, making an unpleasant grinding noise instead of the soft hiss that usually came with brushing oneself against grass. He watched the lion carefully for a reaction and then replied at last.

"Boredom." He said bluntly. "And the need for a more comfortable resting place." He shrugged, but the movement was slow and choppy. "I did not choose to speak to a mortal today, it happened on a chance and by my whim." He glanced back at the group. "However, you lot have caught my interest." He went on. "You say you protect them, but who is them? Are they all your kin?" Family groups were important to mortals weren't they? But could all of these lions be related to this one? Someone was certainly setting up his lineage, Tafari thought with some amusement.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 am
belloblossom

Faun watched with great interest as the god brushed him self against the grass. It was dark so before he hadn't noticed but the ground was different than it was before. So many questions unrelated to the conversation being had popped up in Fauns brain but Faun knew better than to be outspoken with such questions. He did not want to offend this being.

"Boredom." At least that was an honest answer and one a mortal could understand. Faun was glad this entity didn't seem to wish them harm which, admittedly, allowed faun to relax just a tad more. "Interesting." Faun mused. "Well. We seem to have something in common at least. We're on a journey to find a place of fable by the sea. A land rumored to be rich in minerals that heal and a haven for those that seek it. As for who they are... I suppose you could say we're a band of lions with a common aligned goal and interest in seeking knowledge and truth." Faun offered a very mild smile to the being before him.

"If it does not offend such a being as your self may I ask who you are? If this question does offend I must apologize." While boredom may have been the reason the entity was here talking to him there still needed to be caution talking to things being. Faun knew better than to offend a being that had power and so he did his best to have manners and show humility.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 am
Tafari blinked again and then nodded ever so. A fabled land by the sea, hm?
"I've seen the sea, but nothing like what you're describing." He remarked off-handedly. He had seen one pride who worshipped the sea, but they were far too tiresome for him to reveal himself too. At least the water-dwelling gods and goddesses were gaining a following, unlike himself, though Tafari did not seek followers. What was the point if they all died off sooner than later anyway?

"A band of lions with a goal... Well, at least you don't have a name yet." Tafari scoffed. "Groups with names always end up thinking they know the best for everyone. They all die in the end, though. Perhaps it's better not to have a name, at least for your like-minded group." Tafari mused, before moving to the question he had been asked.

"I am Tafari, though perhaps what you were asking was my purpose here, rather than my name. If that is the case, then I am the God of Petrification. I have never been anything else and I do not suspect I will ever become anything else, either." He blinked. "Minerals, hm? Why the interest in them?" He asked.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 am
belloblossom

The sea wasn't as he described kind of alarmed him but he didn't have enough evidence to argue his point as he'd never seen the sea nor had he'd ever seen a place like Nilak had described. It was disheartening but he wasn't about to give up on his hope or the lions who put their trust in him hopes just yet. Even if he had the evidence to argue he'd likely choose not to correct a being of power. At least normally this would be the case. He couldn't help but feel something inside him light up in his heart and move his mouth for him while hearing this beings description of groups of mortals. Something inspired him to stand strong even in front of a god.

" Sure an individual dies off but together we leave traces of our self in the wisdom and stories we tell. We record our history and teach stories to our young and in those tales, while some times warped with time, live the hearts and souls and minds and ideas of our ancestors. These tales inspire hope and shine through the ages out living our fragile frames so that maybe one might find the knowledge we leave behind and start recording their own memories. Through blood we also are hopeful our legacies are carried through time and while I may die one day I hope that my offspring and my kins offspring continue on. It is hope that shines through us that makes us get up everyday despite knowing one day mortality will catch up with us and we'll rot back in to the earth." Faun found him self pouring his heart out at this being hearing what little was thought of them. He meant no disrespect but he felt he needed to speak up and he needed to be understood that this group was bigger than them selves and that they weren't merely a waste of breath and energy. It was his job to be the ambassador for this traveling group and his job to make sure with out a shadow of a doubt they were honored by their choice to have Faun represent them.

He was shaking now and he could feel it.

"A god ," Faun's suspicions had been correct, "We are honored to have you in our presence." The shaking subsided a little but Fauns heart was still going pretty quickly.

"We believe minerals, gems, crystals.. what have you... Have healing powers. There also is the belief that each lions soul can be defined by certain minerals. We call them the Soul Gems and each lion has one. " It was a bastardized version of what importance minerals held and if Nilak was here he'd get more specific. Faun's background was more on the scribe side of record keeping than it was to the minerals, gems and crystals.

"My own soul reflects Peridot," He sighed, "Bringer of spring and symbol of purity. That's apparently what mine says about me."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:08 pm
Tafari listened with something that may have been more than his usual smug amusement to the lion called Faun. Such a youthful, naive creature by comparison, yet this lion was passionate and spoke with strength that Tafari hadn't realized mortals could possess in his words. He was impressed, slightly, and was not opposed to listening to the other lion for longer than he may have usually.

"An interesting concept." He said finally. "I admit, I've never taken the time to understand why mortals try so hard. Still, I suppose some may find it admirable for you to try so hard and pass down your legacy, even if I am on the more apathetic side." He shrugged, slowly and with the sound of rock brushing against fur.

The notion of a group that worshiped minerals was interesting and he flexed his stone and bone wings.
"An entertaining thought. I thought rocks and minerals would be below the interest of most creatures. What founded this belief in your group?" He inquired and then after a pause. "How does one find their Soul Gem? It would be rather curious to see if one such as myself managed to have one, somewhere."

Alpaca Chobi
And so his interest grows.

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:00 pm
belloblossom

Faun felt him self relax more hearing the god was actually some what amused by what he said. That was a better result than he could have hoped for. It was seeming this god was merely curious and not a threat but even still Faun kept his respectful composure.

"I have to admit that the rocks and minerals belief is something quite new at least to my part of the pride. We were always among those that sought out knowledge but when we found lions that specialized in that sort of belief it made sense." He shrugged as he was no authority on the studies of minerals or gems but he did his best to answer the gods question, "I suppose the earth has been here longer than any of us and it would make sense that parts of it have a connection to lions and serve as guides. It would know better than us."

"Soul gem," Faun smiled, "You'd have to meet with our Gem Herald. They have special training and knowledge to match up a lion with their soul gem. I wish I could give you more information but honestly... I am not as familiar as they'd be." Faun was mostly a peace keeper at the end of the day. He was most interested in getting the lions to a safe haven.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 pm
Tafari listened intently before reaching a decision. He wanted his questions answered well, he realized and was not inclined to let them be. The notion of these soul gems was interesting and looking at his paw made from stone, he wondered if he may have one himself. As a god, surely he must have some spectacular gem, right?

"I will travel with you." He informed the other. "I need something to do and I am interested in these soul gems you keep referring to. Maybe if I meet your... Gem Herald," All of these names sounded rather pompous to Tafari, but he refrained from saying as much. "I would be interested in seeing more of what makes your group so special and learning about your notions more." Whether he would stay permanently or not was yet to be seen, but to agree to go along for the journey until his answers were discovered was commitment enough for the god.

"Shall we wait to introduce me to your group when the sun rises?" He asked Faun. He wasn't too excited about meeting what had seemed to be a sizable group. Though, he was in a fairly amiable mood today, it seemed. Perhaps he would like it more than he would any other day. Only time would tell and so far it was telling that he would be with this group for a while.

Alpaca Chobi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 pm
belloblossom

Tafari wanted to travel with the group was such welcomed news that Faun found himself at a loss of words for a moment.

"W-well of course!" Faun found him self stammer which was something that never happened. Faun was a well thought out and well spoken lion so this exciting and surprising news was enough to shake up his words. "We'll wait til sunrise then."

That was that. A bond was formed and a new traveling companion was formed.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games