[PRP] Bright leaves (Elekevu x Malai)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:48 am
Polette

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He was hardly ever alone. This was partly because he didn’t like to be alone, the world was too big a place and he liked company. Today was one of those rare occasions where he could not convince one of his ‘family’ members to come out with him. He had a mighty hunger for something juicy and while Flyta would never join him for a hunt for little things Metis usually would. The serval had declined his offer though and so with some resistance he had traipsed off to hunt for something tasty on his own.

Being a genet he ate pretty much anything, he actually happily lived on grubs and bugs and roots that he could dig from the ground but occasionally, he fancied something a bit more meaty.

It was a slow going process, finding mice and rats, even a little lizard or snake would do, but the sun was perhaps too high as the little things seemed to be hiding deep in their burrows because he was having no luck in his search.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Curled up at the base of a short tree, Malai's eyes were watching the movement of the grass carefully. The tip of her tail flicked up and down rhythmically as she patiently waited for a sign. She wasn't sure if she wanted to put forth the effort for some larger prey or just stick to the small snacks that lived in the trees. Those were usually a little easier to obtain, as they weren't always on the lookout for something her size.

With the sun high in the sky, her motivation to leave the shade of her oasis waned; she wasn't that hungry. Though, considering the future, she might want to keep an open eye just in case her luck takes a turn for the worse food-wise in the next couple of days.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:50 am
Polette

The purple genet emerged from a clump of thick grass, not expecting something of his own size to be before him he took a moment to collect his surprise and straighten his maw in to a smile. A genet! He hadn’t seen another genet in such a long time. His parents were the last genets he saw and honestly, that was years ago he was hardly a babe in arms after all. While his mind wandered through this particular situation he simply stood, and stared at the soft green female, with her red face mask.

Of course when he realised he hadn’t blinked, or spoken, he let his grin widen and decided it was rude not to at least say hello. “Greetings!” He beamed making a bee line for the female in her shady hollow. He ambled over though he paused a good bodies length from her, she might not appreciate being disturbed after all. He had spent far too much time with other species of animals, he forgot that not everyone was touchy feely, like his extended family.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:09 am

Malai's eyes focused on movement not too far in front of her; it seemed like it was getting closer, with the rustling getting louder. Her body tensed, and she flexed her claws in the soft dirt. She took a few slow breaths, readying herself for a kill or a fight.

When a purple figure popped out, she was more than a little taken aback. Her first reaction was defense, given that the figure was about the same size as her. After seeing that it wasn't attacking, her defense turned to curiosity - it was like her! Genets weren't the most social of creatures like lions, and she hadn't seen another of her own kind in quite some time. Hearing him speak to her, she wasn't quite sure what to do - she should say something back, right?

"Um...hello." Her body slowly relaxed, though she was now starting to feel anxious about being suddenly thrust into a social situation.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:23 am
Polette

The purple male genet tilted his head curiously, it had been such a very long time since he had seen another genet that he was surprised she wasn’t more willing to speak to him. Then, he faintly remembered how anti social genets usually were and he deflated a bit.

“Sorry to disturb you.” He smiled, in what he was hoping was an encouraging way. “I’v not seen another genet for a long time.” He admitted, taking a small step forward. “Plenty of other things, lions and hares and servals and you know, creatures but, genets. Rare treat.” He beamed, though he realised he had just rambled a whole lot at the female, she would probably think he was crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 pm

"It's...fine." Malai's eyes glanced away, searching the ground for some distracting item. She used a paw to scratch a bit at the dirt, her tail awkwardly shifting behind her.

"I've seen quite a few of those too." They've rarely seen her, but that was her intent. She hadn't really been at a loss with her lack of genet interaction, though - having one come along usually meant she had to interact with it in some way, and she'd usually rather avoid it all together. "A treat, huh?" She let her eyes return to him, raising a brow. For someone who seemed to like being around others so much, why was he all alone?

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 pm
Polette

The purple genet tilted his head curiously, she didn’t seem to be enjoying this interaction, but he really didn’t get to meet other genets very often so he decided to proceed.

“Of course, it’s always nice to meet someone of your own species. It can be fun interacting with other species of course, but when you come across someone like you. It’s very nice, refreshing.” He smiles “Plus meeting a beautiful lady out of the blue is always welcome.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm

"I guess you have a point." Malai hadn't thought too much about interacting with her own species - but she understood the sentiment. Perhaps someone of her own species could grow on her - after all, this male didn't seem so bad.

The compliment definitely took her by surprise, though. Her eyes widened slightly, looking directly into his. No one had ever really commented on her appearance before - probably because she tended to blend in so well with her surroundings. "That's...that's very kind of you." Quickly looking down, Malai ran a paw over her ear, feeling flushed. He hadn't seemed so bad, and now he was making her feel a strange mixture of happiness and nervousness.

Syrius Lionwing
(( Woooah thought I'd tagged this! ;; ))

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:00 am
Polette
I am sooo slow right now sorry <3

Elekevu couldn’t help but grin when she looked away nervously. She really was pretty, though he guessed she had never been told that particular sentiment before from her cute reaction. He tilts hie head gently, being a genet was usually a lonely existence but he ha chosen to live it differently, surrounded by others not at all like himself.

“Do you come here often?” He raised a brow, the line, it was so corny, but he had been by this particular stretch of the world before and never found her here. Perhaps the fates had decided that he was supposed to be here, right now, her to interact with this beauty who was the same as he. Another genet, it really was fascinating to him.

“I live with my family, not too far away from here. I was just thinking how lucky I am to have run in to you, but if you come here all the time, maybe I will run in to you again?” He raised a querying brow, he hoped she would say she lived here, she lived near here. He didn’t want to only speak to her once.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:30 am

"I, um..." Malai fumbled for her words, trying to regain her composure. "...I suppose I frequent this area every so often." Though, honestly, she couldn't really remember the last time she came through here. Being alone meant she didn't have to keep track of herself or her paths - the world was an open path.

"Oh, a, um...a family?" She didn't know why the term made her heart sink; she hadn't thought about things like family since she was a kit. But, just as the word 'family' saddened her, his next comment raised her spirits again. "Really? You think it's lucky?" She could feel the warmth returning to her cheeks, and she looked away while smiling shyly.

"I suppose I could come here more often." Honestly, after this nice encounter, she might just hang around for awhile.

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:36 am
Polette

The purple male smiled broadly. She was going to come back, that was really all he could ask for. “I better be getting back or they will send out the search party.” He chuckled, spending a little time just being a genet was fun but he knew if he was away for too long his companions would come searching and he definitely didn’t want to scare the female off.

“If you’re here tomorrow maybe we will meet again?” He’d raised a brow at the female, a hopeful note in his voice. If she was still here he would insist she came to meet his family, maybe she would come and stay a while with them.

He would ask tomorrow. “My name is Elekevu, by the way, I’ll be back tomorrow I promise.” He gave a nod as he turned away trotting back in the direction he had come.

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games