{PRP} Do You Need a Check-Up? {Farasi x Thais}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am
belloblossom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once a month, Thais set up a small clinic for general health and wellness checkups. She took her job of caring for the pride very seriously. The wild dog felt if something was serious, they’d bring it to her attention right away. But minor aliments often went over looked or ignored. She felt that by making herself easily accessible in the middle of the pride that it would encourage those with something minor to come to her. Plus she got to socialize with everyone.

That was the real perk. Thais got to know a lion or leopard or cheetah before they really needed help. So when they were really sick it was much easier for them to come to someone they knew. She’d set up a small screened area for those who needed some private TLC, just in case. The wild dog stretched herself out in front of her station at ease. Now it was only a matter of waiting for someone to approach.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm
User Image User Image

Farasi rarely went to healers, if only because he rarely got more than a scrape when he was out. He was lucky in that way. He was a fighter, but the Isoba hadn't many, if any, he realized, enemies. And they were so choosy with their members that there were never any scuffles to break up within the pride either.

That said, he did want to consult a healer, just once, he had decided, to get a better lay of the land. He didn't know much about the pride just yet and while Vaiva was doing her best to explain everything, he was soon to realize that she was a hunter, which aren't very high up on the totem pole of the pride. Not that he minded, of course! He was just looking to gain more perspective from someone who knew more about the inner workings of the pride.

So, when he got a thorn lodged into his paw, conveniently and with some discomfort, he limped over to visit an Eir nearby. He had been told to ask for the wild dog, Thais. She was said to have notable markings, so when he saw the mottled stripes on this canine, he knew it to be her.

"Excuse me," He began. "It seems I'm in need of an Eir. Are you the renowned Thais I've been hearing so much about?"

Mahiri was scowling up at Farasi. He had been looking for an excuse to come see an Eir for an age, despite her just telling him he could go approach one even if he wasn't injured. When he finally got his paw stuck in that thorn bush, he looked so pleased with himself that she'd wanted to claw his ear for an added sting, but she had been worried that might give him more to smile about rather than less.

So, she just stared at the healer imploringly, before adding tartly.
"He was so dumb about getting hurt, that if you have something that really stings or something to give him, please do." She told the wild dog with a huff.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:28 pm
belloblossom

She wasn’t left to wait long. Her ears perked as a brown and white lion approached her with a limp. Thais noted that she didn’t know this male or his rainbow serval. If they were here though, it meant someone had invited them. She was slightly surprised though when he asked for her by name.

“Either someone has been spreading good rumors about me, for which I’m grateful for, or someone has been tarnishing my reputation. For which they will be very sorry for!” She grinned widely to take any sting from her words. “I am indeed Thais. Who might you be good sir?”

She looked at the serval with amusement at her tart words. Judging by that, the lion did something particularly stupid to get his limp. “Ah well I won’t know until I look at it you see. But I’ll try to make it hurt as much as possible.” She winked at the serval where the lion could see. “If you’ll lay down I’ll take a look at the paw. You both new here?”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:42 pm
Farasi snorted at the silliness and resentment of Mahiri, batting at her with a swing of his tail, but keeping his gaze on the canine who assured him that she was, indeed, Thais. Excellent.

"My name is Farasi and this pesky creature is Mahiri, my familiar." He introduced themselves and Mahiri nodded with a pleased grin up at the canine.
As Farasi was laying down, Mahiri sitting at his side, he turned his paw so that the Eir could see the thorn protruding from his paw pad. "Yes, we're new. I've come to join the pride with my mate, Vaiva. I understand she's been here a while, so maybe you know her? Female cheetah, rainbow stripes?" He asked, curious to see whether the Eir was familiar with his lovely mate.

Oooh, Mahiri liked this Eir immediately and winked right back at her.
"Yes, please do." She replied with a mischievous smile. She then nodded and grinned a little wider when she was introduced. "Yup, that's me." She confirmed, before moving to sit beside Farasi as he spoke to the wild dog.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm
belloblossom

She watched the interaction between the two and decided they had a health relationship and respect for each other. To her, that meant they would make a good partnership and work well together. That was another aspect of pride health.

“It is a pleasure to meet the both of you. I hope you’ll come to love this home as much as I do. I’d introduce you to my familiar Emilija, but she’s off tending other things at the moment. She finds this all very boring.” Thais enjoyed socializing with members of the pride when they weren’t sick. She felt most tended to avoid her unless they were very sick though.

She made some noises as he proffered the offending paw. “It looks deep.” She glanced at him as he described a cheetah she happened to know well. “Ah yes. Vaiva.” Well well well. One mystery solved. Her lips twitched as she remember the last conversation she had with the cheetah. This lion explained that very well indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:42 pm
Farasi was pleased to hear that his mate had some renown in the pride and he inclined his head towards the other.
"The pleasure is mine." He replied, ever polite. "What sort of familiar is at your side? I know that Mahiri has been eager to see if any of her own serval kind-particularly any males-" He teased his familiar, who merely stuck her tongue out at him in reply. "Are yet in the pride." He went on, chatting pleasantly. "I do suspect this pride will become home to me in no time. Though, if you have any tips about living here?" He asked, very curious to hear her reply.

Mahiri lounged perked her ears at the statement on her companion's paw. She hadn't thought it was so very far into his skin, she had thought he was just a big, dumb baby about it. Peering over his leg at his paw, she looked with concern from the thorn to Thais.
"You will make it better, even if it does sting, right?" She asked the Eir.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm
belloblossom

She smiled. Vaiva had clearly hooked a good one here. Ah if only he had a male counterpart. Thais shook her head back to her business.

"I have a jackal.” She paused to consider. “Hmmmm. A male serval? There might be. One or two. I know there’s several females here.” She thought back to the double serval litters. That had been fun. Kits were underfoot everywhere until they’d gotten paired off. “I’m sorry to say I can’t say I’ve seen one recently.”

“Excellent! I’m very glad to hear that. We’re small but slowly growing.” She glanced at him slyly. “I do hope you intend to help in that direction. Tips, I’d say be sure before you invite anyone in. Otherwise we’re pretty quiet and tend to stick to the background and shadows.”

It amused her how quickly the serval became concerned for the lion’s welfare. “Hold still this might hurt,” she warned mainly for the servals benefit. She hoped he might catch the hint and play it up a little. Without much warning she simply bent down, grabbed the thorn in her teeth and yanked it out.

“Lick it clean a little and then leave it alone,” Thais advised.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:04 pm
Farasi ducked his head slightly when the implication that he and Vaiva ought to have cubs came up. Then, raising his chin, he smiled grandly.
"I assure you, that's certainly one of the plans I hope to accomplish many times over my life in the Isoba." He replied boldly to the Eir. "I suspect you will be seeing more of Vaiva, sooner or later." He added cheekily.

When she informed him that it may hurt a bit, he glanced at Mahiri, who looked suddenly concerned and tried not to smile. He let out a roar that sent Mahiri scampering away with a squeal, before collapsing onto the ground. When Mahiri returned cautiously, he leaned up and knocked her over, only to laugh at her bewilderment and annoyance.

Bending his head, he licked at his paw and smiled at the Eir.
"Thank you, Thais. I will do well in remembering your advice." He told Thais earnestly.

Mahiri swiped a sheathed paw at her companion.
"You scared me, you oaf!" She spat at him, but she was happy to see that he was better already and that he would be better still. She vowed to make sure he was licking his paw properly and told herself she would pick up his slack if there was any.

"Thank you, Thais." She echoed. "Perhaps I shall come back and meet your jackal familiar, later?" She asked. She had been disappointed that no serval familiars immediately had sprung to the Eir's mind, but that wouldn't stop Mahiri from looking anyway! Besides, she was sre that this Emilija would be much more pleasant than Nasrin ever could be. That birdbrain was nothing but trouble.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm
belloblossom

Thais smiled knowingly as the lion initially ducked his head. Her ears flicked as he made his grand statement. “Excellent. I expect next time I see her for her condition to be questionable.” She delivered the statement primly as only a healer could. Oh yes, if they didn’t have several litters, she’d eat her plants without meat.

She was impressed by the roar as she dropped the thorn in a basket where no one else would step on it. Thais chuckled softly as he teased his friend, and the resulting indignation of said friend. “My pleasure Farasi and Mahiri. Do feel free to stop by any time. I do enjoy company.”

Her eyes regarded the serval as she offered to meet her own familiar. She nodded, “yes I think that would be good. She needs more friends. It should be easy to find my den or simply ask around. I will keep in mind you’re looking for a male and send any I meet your way.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:04 pm
Farasi licked his paw a few more time and then got to his paws, nodding once more to Thais.
"I'll be sure to refer Vaiva back to you." He agreed and then began to head out, when he realized that Mahiri was still speaking with the canine. Looking back at the two, he waited until Mahiri caught up to him. "Come, let us go back to Vaiva. I'm sure she'll be amused to hear of our trip to visit an Eir." He told his familiar and off they went.

Mahiri nodded emphatically.
"Yes, I'll be sure to do just that! I'd love to have a friend in the pride. How does she like the flavor of falcon meat? Just wondering." The serval snickered at her own joke and then looked shyly at Thais for a moment. "Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you, then." She said, before turning her gaze to Farasi and seeing him waiting for her. "Bye, Thais!" She squeaked, before hurrying to her bonded's side and following alongside him.

magnadearel
Fin!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash