[PRP Oba] Beastly (Sa'rasnata/Howth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 am
This had been a once in a lifetime trip, a chance to prove he was worthy of the Academy, not just on paper, but in his own head as well. But he had known it wouldn't last. As skilled a healer as his father was, the black market sum Howth had acquired for a handful of the man's stolen tinctures had only gone so far. If he was going to make it home again without doing something unseemly, he was going to have to do it... tomorrow. Just one more day in Oba and he would consider himself satisfied.

Over the course of the week or so that he had been on the mainland, Howth had lost a layer, his deep brown vest permanently making way for the soft green shirt underneath. His mother was going to kill him when he returned home without it, but the truth was, it had been killing him. How could one place be so warm all the time?

He brought up his hand to shield his pale eyes, peering toward the bustling Oban city in the distance. He was still a good distance away. Plenty of time to be alone with his thoughts.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:04 pm
Smerdle

Sara had been traveling with her Mother for some time into Oba. The child was sitting, like the little lady she was, on the back of her new Snaptrotter that her Mother acquired on their last outing to Oba. She blinked as she fixed her veil around her torso to help with the heat. Spotting someone new she leaned forward. "Hello?"

Her voice was small as it carried to the male.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:56 pm
He wasn't much of a kid person, but this one seemed well behaved enough. She hadn't startled him with her presence, at least, and he happened to already know the name of the animal she was riding, which made him feel smart again. There were far too many things on this side of the world that showcased his ignorance, and he had been sorely in need of an ego boost.

"Hello and good day," he said with a welcoming nod. "That is quite a lovely snaptrotter."

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:35 pm
Smerdle

Sara smiled at the elder. "Thank you! Her name is Tulka. My Mother got her in Oba for me. Mom said she's suppose to protect me when she's not around." the child tilted her head as she looked around. "Are you alone, mister?"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 am
"I am," Howth said somewhat hesitantly. He wondered if she was part of some larger operation here, the innocent-looking bait who distracted oblivious travelers while someone else snuck up and whapped them on the back of the head.

He glanced over his shoulder then added, "Tulka looks like very good protection. Do snaptrotters... fight? The ones I've met since I've been here have all seemed very nice." All two of them.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm
Smerdle

The child nodded. "Oh yes! Tulka here has gone after a few Janarim when they growl at me..." she shifted to drop on the sands. Allowing the big beast to lay down. The child reached into the saddle bags pulling out a small bag of sweet bread bites, she offered the bag to the elder male. "Hungry? My Mom and I made these this morning!"

She loved cooking, almost as much as she loved learning magic from her Mother.  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:20 am
"Oh!" So it was to be a drugging, then a robbery. Howth's imagination, already on a roll, urged him to refuse her offer, but his common sense prevailed. As foreign as he was sure he looked, he was also fairly confident that he didn't seem very wealthy. There would be nothing to gain from swindling him beyond a couple of bottles of ink. And on an unrelated but still relevant note, the bread smelled really good.

He reached for the bag, gingerly retrieving a piece and popping it into his mouth as the snaptrotter lowered herself to the ground.

"This is really good! Thank you. Do you and your mother bake for fun or money?"

SwordOfTheDarkOnes
woot woot slowest rper 2018 rite hyar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 am
Smerdle
Ohmygod his mental track is amazing!!!

Sara looked up to the elder as she bounced on the sands. "Fun! Mommy uses them to deal with people easier. She says its easier to deal with someone as long as you have positive reinforcement!"

If the elder were to really analyize that statement the correct conclusion of her Mother training people like one would a beast would be the right mental track. However, Sara was as of yet..unaware of such thoughts as she purely saw these as a way to make friends. "I just like making them to make new friends!"  

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items