{PRP}Come See Our Home!{Farasi x Vaiva}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 pm
belloblossom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vaiva was the happiest cheetah around. She'd found her long lost mate. What could possibly be better than that?! They had had a good feed on his catch, then had gone and caught a little more for her pride. Now she was bringing him and his familiar back to the pride. Thinking of his little serval friend, she glanced toward the mini cat. It amused her the serval was also rainbow colored.

She shifted her catch of prey slightly as she let her eyes drift toward the lion beside her. He was all she wanted to look at. She couldn’t get enough of him. To actually see him walking beside her was more than a dream come true. She could only hope he came to love the pride she’d found as much as she did.

Nasrin drifted contentedly along on the air currents above the pair. She wasn’t out roaming like she usually did when she was searching for Vaiva. So she was drifting not far above the pair as they walked and easily in conversation range. The three felines from above made such an odd grouping to her bird mind.

The hawk considered each carefully. First was the slim and spring loaded cheetah she knew. Vaiva was the essence of speed on the ground as she was in the air. Next was the bulking lion, full of brawn. She was looking forward to getting to know him. Then there was the smallest of the group. Farasi’s bonded familiar, a serval. It remained to be seen if she and that one would get along.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:56 pm
User Image User Image

Farasi was pleased as could be. Between having his mate back at his side and being accepted into a new pride with Mahiri, it was hard to imagine him being happier. Except...

"Vaiva," He started, a little hesitantly. "Do you know what became of our children?" He had gone from their sides during sometime in their adolescence and he missed the chance to watch them grow up. He was certain that with their second litter, he would not make the same mistake and walked closer to Vaiva, the thought alone bothering him. He would love her for eternities to come.

And then there was the matter of the new pride, too, he thought. He had warned her that it would take him some time to adjust, since he had been so used to rogue life, but she was happy here and so he would not ask her to return to the life they had known. He was happy to be with her and so he would adjust to this new life of theirs, somehow.

"Also, is there anything I ought to know about the Isoba? Anything drastically important or anything?" He inquired, not wanting to leave the more serious question of the fates of their offspring hanging on its own in the air.

Mahiri trotted beside her bonded, glancing often back up at both him and his colorful mate. They looked similar, Mahiri and Vaiva and there was often a bit of teasing banter between them about it. Still, Mahiri didn't mind and she had remarked that the feathered friend Vaiva kept as a companion had distantly similar markings of solids and spots to Farasi. That usually kept any particular remarks at bay.

Glancing up at the bird now, she stared at it for a moment, unblinking, before she smiled at the other and winked, before looking back at her fellow felines. She wouldn't ever quite understand Vaiva for taking on a prey-beast as a familiar, but that seemed to be a trend in this odd pride, so what was Mahiri to say on it, really? Nothing seemed to be an alright go to, for the time being at least, so she left it at silence and listened to the others talk.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm
belloblossom

It was a question she should have known was coming. That knowing did not make it any easier to deal with though. It hung heavy in her heart that she had no clue on what had become of their first children. Now, her having to admit to him that she was a bad mother made it worst. Perhaps it was best done now before he actually saw the pride. That way he could leave her if he wanted with no obligations.

Resolute, she set the prey she was carrying down and turned to face him. “Farasi, I’m so sorry. I’m a terrible, terrible mother. I lost them, and I was never able to find them again. I have no idea where they are or how they are doing.” A small sob escaped her as she sat down, sure her mate would be horrified and disgusted with her now.

Mutely she shook her head and waved a paw at the serval beside him.

Their matching coloring was not totally lost upon the only bird of the group. The falcon wondered if it had been purely chance and the need for a familiar, or if her resemblance to the lion had prompted the cheetah’s actions that day.

Nasrin was surprised to learn more about the couple. She would never have guessed they had had a litter already. It appeared to be a tender subject though. She circled down to land on the cheetah’s shoulder comfortingly when she sat down. Although Vavia couldn’t talk, she could.

“Mainly the pride encourages bonding to certain familiars. Mahiri already qualifies you in that sense,” she translated the vague paw waving. “Another is we move in secret usually. We don’t let others know our pride is there.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 pm
"You...lost them?" He echoed, stunned. He stopped walking and then looked at her, before moving to her side and rubbing his nose against her cheek. "Oh, Vaiva, dear, I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Something may have happened..." He didn't want to suggest what, but he went on."I'm sure you did everything you could to find them." He told her. "I'm not mad at you, Vaiva. I'm sad, of course, but I can't help but think I"m also at fault. I had my reasons for leaving, but maybe if I had stayed, we'd still be a proper family." He sighed and then nudged her gently.

"Come, my love. I still wish to see the pride we are to stay in, if you'll still have me and not let something like this get in our way." A pause and then. "And I'm sure if you are not opposed to the notion of another litter later down the road,
we can keep our eyes fixed on them, right?
"

Well, that was certainly a surprise, Mahiri thought, with her maw hanging open slightly. She looked at Farasi, who's eyes were misty, but he was blinking them back and holding his composure together rather well. She admired her bonded companion for this reason and then turned to the bird as she landed on Vaiva's shoulder.

"Ah, how convenient." She remarked a reply. "And must all who wish to join have a familiar with them?" She inquired, ready to get moving again and flicking her tail against Farasi's paw to indicate this very thing.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:47 pm
belloblossom

Her head and shoulders drooped lower and her tail laid limp in the dirt. She was a bad mother. In the confusion of his pride coming to claim him and in her grief she’d lost track of her adolescent offspring. Unable to find any trace of them, she’d been forced to give up and hope she’d taught them enough to survive.

Vaiva thought Farasi might start to scold her, and prepared for it. She wasn’t prepared for his sympathy. The cheetah turned her face to cry on his warm, fuzzy shoulder. “I looked and looked Farasi. It was like they were never there!” She looked up at him as he took some of the blame. “No, they were my responsibilies.”

She smiled warmly at her mate as he accepted her and her flaws and promised her another litter. “I’d love another litter to raise with you.” She slowly got to her feet.

Nasrin ruffled her feathers. She’d been unsure about the lion, but his reaction proved to her he had a good heart. Although she doubted the two paid much attention to her and her little speech. They had found each other and were once more comforted by each other. It would make a good tale to tell someday.

One was paying attention though. She clacked her beak at the serval. “Don’t be stupid cat. Vaiva found me after she had joined the pride.” The falcon waited for Mahiri to make the connection. To be fair, she admitted to herself the serval didn’t know their history. “They don’t have to have a familiar to join. Only to be suitable to the pride.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:16 pm
Farasi continued to nuzzle his mate, blinking away his tears and swallowing back anything that may have been his own need to cry. He was sad at the thought that their beautiful first litter may have been gone, but he let it be at that. When he felt his mate shift, he moved slightly over so that she could get up. Walking close beside her in case she needed to lean upon him as they walked, he asked.

"I look forward to when that happens. In the meantime, perhaps you could tell me some of your favorite parts of the Isoba?" He inquired, before taking the prey she had caught and carrying it for her.

"Stupid?!" Mahiri cried out indignantly, her ears flattening. She glared up at the feathered nuisance. She'd much preferred the creature when it was silent. "That's rich, coming from you, you... you birdbrain!" She spat hotly, before turning away, tail straight in the air, as she went to curl up beside Farasi, kneading his fur as she sought his attention. Not being used to having to compete for it, she was persistent until he got up and waved at her to start walking. Like, she knew where they were going, she thought sulkily, before they started walking along with her. Finally, she thought, shooting daggers at the bird from time to time.

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:52 pm
belloblossom

She really could not have asked for a better, more perfect mate. The thought of raising another litter with him, like a proper family, really raised her spirits. Vaiva rested her face against his fluffy mane for a moment to compose herself, then gave him a soft smile. She purred to reassure him.

“I’d love to. They live deep in this dense, misty forest. You’ll probably blend in really well actually. Most of them prowl by night, but a few go out in daytime.” She paused to consider what else she loved, and smiled as he picked up her prey. It was hard to talk and carry stuff. “Oh, my twin is there too.”

Vaiva came to her surroundings as an argument between their familiars suddenly appeared to become headed. She watched them wide eyed, hoping either would hurt the other. “Nasrin, be nice and don’t call her names.”

All this mushy stuff made her pinfeathers crawl. She hoped they wouldn’t be like that all the time. Just as Vaiva moved to stand, she fluttered up out of the way. Good thing too, since the little serval took offense to her comment.

“Takes one to know one!” She mocked the feline. Nasrin rolled her eye as the cheetah scolded her for name calling. She settled into a bit of a sulk herself as she floated above the trio; still close enough to hear, yet definitely out of reach of short kitty paws. It was slightly regretful he had had the distaste to bond with a sassy feline like her.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:25 pm
Farasi rumbled a reply, a throaty sound, deep and comforting, for his maw was currently occupied with the meat his mate had caught. It sounded nice, he thought, of the forest and the mist. With his thick fur, the cool air would be comforting to him, he thought with a smile.

When his familiar's high voice reached his ears with a complaint, he swung his tail around and bapped her on the muzzle, causing her to sputter out his fur, before finally coming to walk underneath him, sulking and hissing. Finally she posed a question with a whine, but he had to admit, he was growing curious too and so he looked to his mate for her reply.

"Why I oughta-" What was going to be a threat was cut short by Vaiva's mew and she caught Farasi staring disapprovingly at her. "Well, she started it!" She protested, only to be met with his stare again and so she trudged unhappily under her bonded, where she walked with them, staying in his cool shadow.

After a while of silence, she finally voiced in a high whine,
"How long is it until we get there?"

magnadearel

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm
belloblossom
Fin with you I think.

Vaiva eyed the pair of familiars and wondered if they’d be able to get along. A sharp look stopped any further quarreling. She hoped they could eventually find they were friends, or at least kept their spatting where it wouldn’t affect the family. For the cheetah fully intended to start another here. With the help of her mate, things settled down into an uneasy truce for the moment among the familiars.

She was hopeful Farasi would adapt to their new home quickly and come to love it as much as she did. There was so many things she could show him. Vaiva was ticking them off in her mind as she walked until a high whine interrupted her thoughts.

The cheetah peered around them as Farasi looked at her in question too. “I’d say we’re there. Granted this is just the outer border.” With how secretive the pride was, there wasn’t any real sign that this land was claimed by a pride like most. It simply looked like more open, empty savannah.

Whatever the serval thought she was going to do would have to wait. She was smug the lion stepped in to subdue her. Nasrin snapped her beak on any further replies as she caught the look from Vaiva. Pah. At least the love birds weren’t all mushy mushy now.

As they walked, she flitted and circled on the thermals. From her vantage she could easily see where they were and how close. Despite wanting to give another biting comment to the serval, Nasrin kept her beak shut and let her cheetah answer the question. Besides she didn’t like the whiny voice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:34 pm
Farasi was as relieved as his familiar to hear that they were nearing the pride and he heard an audible sigh come from beneath him. His mate's familiar had since taken off and he hoped that the avian would refrain from provoking Mahiri's more defensive side until the rest of the trip came to an end.

Nudging Vaiva gently, he looked at her with excitement in his eyes and picked up the pace a little. After all, this was it, the place they were going to start a new life together and he was eager to get there.

Heaving a dramatic sigh of relief, Mahiri was pleased to hear that they would soon arrive, sort of. The outer border didn't look like much and she certainly didn't see this misty forest anywhere. Heaving another sigh, she hastened her pace with the rest of them. Soon, she told herself. They would be there soon and then she would eat and sleep for as long as she'd like.

magnadearel
Fin!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash