Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:42 pm
Felyn

User Image

For what seemed like an entire life Nilak found him self on his own burying himself in his passion study of crystals. Crystals had always been his specialty but he was also knowledgeable when it came to herbs. Herbs had never been his passion though as Crystals had a kind of energy to them that was hard to some times put in to words.

The blue lion might as well have been from one corner of the known world to the next. From desserts to mountain tops to beaches the lions travels seemed to never stop. From his travels he had picked up fragments of a story about a place that was rich in crystals.

Now, joined by a group of traveling lions, Nilak was sure he was close. The truth was Nilak wasn't one hundred percent sure about the location but he felt that this time he was right. This time there would be the place whispered by many. A place that would be perfect for his studies and a group of lions willing to lend their aid to his passion. Granted their agendas both lined up to mutually benefit each other.

Still he felt a little guilty for not being fully truthful to Faun who was placing his faith in him. He could only hope that his research ended up being correct.

For now, Nilak was taking a break away from the group to study their current direction. He was pretty sure this seemed correct but he wanted to be absolutely sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:30 am
Alpaca Chobi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Although it had not been so long ago that she and Iphiko joined the travelling group, it was beginning to feel like she had never known anything else except for their company. After a few nights in their presence, Haramia and her travelling companion had both been absolutely certain that they were going to follow these lions home to whatever land they claimed and as soon as that unspoken decision had been made, she had been doing everything in her power to make sure they did so without fail. She had faith in them - and she had faith in Nilak.

Having just returned from a quick hunt, she found that he had stepped away from the group that had remained behind, as he was wont to do. She knew that he was always studying the landscape just as he studied the crystals - it was why they trusted him to lead them to their new home. Of course, having faith did not squash her curiosity and not for the first time, she found her feet following him out to where he had gone alone.

"Are we getting any closer, Nilak?" She asked, familiar and confident as she strode up to stand next to him. Her eyes swept out at the horizon to look at whatever it was that he saw. She didn't know these lands and it rankled her a bit that she was so useless at helping.  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:27 pm
Felyn

The pale blue lion did not notice that Haramia had joined him until she spoke up. It took him a moment to gather his thoughts about her question if they were on the right path before he gave her a very decided and thoughtful answer.

"I believe so," Was the truest thing he could say. The truth being he really did believe they were on the right path according to his studies but also that his belief might not actually be correct. It reasoned out enough for Nilak to be satisfied. He did not want to give an answer that might be deemed untrue.

"The concentration of minerals in the earth suggest we're getting closer." He padded his paw down hard on the ground. To most, it looked like pebbles, dirt and a collection of weeds but if one was to look harder it would be noticeable among the dirt were bits of white.

"Quartz. Very common but its becoming more concentrated along this path. If we pay attention to these signs we will find what we are looking for." He held up a still small but more impressive chunk to Haramia.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:20 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Of course, Nilak would not be looking for where they were headed by keeping his head in the clouds. Feeling foolish, Haramia dropped her bright eyes to the ground and sunk a bit lower as he pointed out what he was following; at first she saw nothing but bits of rock and dirt but, as she realized exactly what it was that he was looking at, she parted her maw in a careful 'o'.

"I never would have thought to look for that," she said softly, lowering herself down to her belly so that she could push at the debris with one of her paws. Some of it seemed almost glimmering, like it had been laced with threads of glitter.

Gem stones. Of course.

"So the thicker this.. vein gets, the closer we will be to the land we seek?"  

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:57 pm
Felyn

"Exactly," Nilak gave her a very assured nod. "We're bound to find the place we're looking for if we pay attention to these signs. They are subtle but they are important." He placed the quartz back down on the ground very carefully.

"Most don't pay attention and these subtle signs are often over looked. Quartz is a very common mineral. To those that pay attention it holds answers," Nilak was getting long winded so he took a moment to gather his thoughts.

"You know I have to admit that I am not used to be around so many lions." He admitted, "It's nice to .... well... not be stuck in my head so much. Minerals get me pretty excited and I find I can't shut up after I get going." He laughed, "So if I am boring I apologize. It's nice to have a captive audience. This whole journey is exciting." He felt gitty about everything and he hoped his theories and studies ended up correct.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:30 pm
Haramia watched his animations from her vantage point, belly-to-earth. It put him at a peculiar angle against the sunlight but it let her study ever shift in his expression and the subtle way his eyes grew distant when he was thinking about his craft. Nilak was a lion full of passion and it made her want to do her best to learn from him, to gather all his bits of knowledge up for herself.

"Oh, don't be silly!" A small smile pulled across her maw as she pushed herself back up, abandoning her quiet study of him in favor of dissuading his self fears. "There's not a single thing I've found boring so far. Who else would I learn all these bits of knowledge from? No one, that's who!"

The words ended with a small laugh and her bright eyes dropped to skim the vein of Quartz that he had pointed out. Now that she knew what to look for, she felt silly that she hadn't noticed it before he pointed it out.

"I know what you mean, though. It has been just Ifu and I for so, so long. It's odd to be surrounded by so many other lions, especially ones with such purpose. I've found it hard not to get swept up by their ambitions. I think I almost want to be at our new home more than they do." She tossed an amused smile over her shoulder at him at her words, teasing. Yet even she could not keep her thoughts from the gems and the earth for very long. "What other gems do you think we should be looking for? Will we be able to see anything else beside the quartz?"

Felyn

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 pm
Felyn

"They do seem to all have purpose. It is refreshing," He agreed fully with this statement. In truth this had been his deciding factor on if he was going to travel with these lions in the first place. Both parties had their needs and both parties mutually benefited from traveling together. Nilak didn't fully like admitting that he himself was getting something out of this journey but it was undeniable that the blue lion was having his back scratched by this agreement.

"Quartz is probably the easiest sign for us to find as it is the most plentiful but I do suspect we should also see flecks of other mineral ores such as Malachite and Turquoise to name a few." He looked down at the quartz vein and studied for signs of examples as if the two of them being on the topic for miraculously spawn another type of ore but the only thing he saw was more examples of quartz.

"Maybe if we walk up a little further we can find something.. Follow after me and keep a keen eye on the ground. There might not be ore here but there could be a little ways up." He padded off in the direction the quartz seemed to lead looking quite hopeful.

((If you want to gam-a-fy it roll a 4 sided dice. 1 - Small flecks of Turquoise ore 2 - Small flecks of Malachite 3 - The vein of quartz turns rosier 4 - More of the same type of quartz.))  
Felyn rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 pm
Haramia was more than excited over the prospect of searching with Nilak as he suggested it. Truthfully, a part of her felt like she must have been a nuisance by now with her eagerness to eat up whatever knowledge he would spew out at her. She knew that she would not have been able to tolerate so many pestering questions but he seemed no different than the first day he had swept her up with his gem chatter.

"Alright," she agreed immediately, falling into step behind him and keeping her eyes glued to the ground. In the back of her mind she wondered what they must look like to unfamiliar outsiders, walking one behind the other with their necks craned toward the earth.

As she wandered behind him a pace behind, she began to note each of the bits of rock and gem that speckled the hard packed earth beneath them. It was a mix of different things, tiny flecks that had perhaps been churned up over time, but nothing seemed much different than what they had already seen. Perhaps a bit thicker, a bit more, but not much else.

Disappointing!

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 pm
Felyn

Time had passed and the distance between the two lions and the pride was now at a point where Nilak, regrettably, had to call an end to the search. He was completely disappointed that he couldn't provide Haramia with something more exciting than Quartz. Quartz was exciting in its own right but he wanted to impress Haramia with a new type of ore.

The blue lion had stopped his padding and looked behind to face Haramia.

"We're going to have to turn back now. I don't think we're going to find anything today." The tone he was using had tinges of disappointment in his tone. Nilak would likely have this episode rerunning in the back of his brain for days after this failure of a search. He'd remember and he'd make it right some how. The pursuit of minerals and love of knowledge of the them was something very near and dear to his heart that he wanted to share.

"This is most regrettable."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 am
When Nilak finally spoke up, Haramia had known it was coming. Her excitement over their hunt had been growing dim as she realized that no matter how far they went, nothing changed. It was, she supposed, better than the quartz vein diminishing but it still provided no clues as to where they needed to be.

"I understand," she admitted quietly, picking her head up and letting her eyes raise from the ground to his own, settling on him and the resolve he had gained with his choice. "At least we know this direction is perhaps not quite the right one? Tomorrow we could start again and head more North than East?"

She sounded hopeful, but she still wasn't sure how he made his decisions. She was learning, it was true, but this was his realm for now.

Haramia mustered her best, hopeful smile and turned back in the direction that the rest of their pride waited. They could not go far from them safely and it was best that they rejoined them so they could all travel forward as a group. Even she, headstrong and curious, could not argue with that.

"We'll find something soon, Nilak, I am sure of it."

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:30 am
Felyn

"Yes I agree. North seems more promising." He was impressed by Haramia's sense of direction. "Would you be willing to scout with me again?" He asked the question with a childish hopefulness to it. Not a side that Nilak showed often.

The words of encouragement was exactly what Nilak needed to hear at that moment. His maw formed a warm genuine grin that she believed in him. Things were uncertain but with uncertainty came possibilities. It wasn't an out right full on failure and even if it had been there would be knowledge gained.

"I am sure we will," He agreed, "We can't be too far off. These quartz veins are very strong and there has to be a reason for that..." The lion trailed off in to thought before returning back to earth.

"But yeah lets head back. We have much to discuss."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:03 am
It was nice, for once, to see that hopeful side of him - it brightened his otherwise serious demeanor and made him seem, for once, not to be a creature so far beyond her comprehension. She admired him, she had to admit, but it was a breath of fresh air to know that he was just as hopeful and unsure as she felt sometimes.

"Of course I will," she offered with a smile, "I love learning from you."

It was true, too. There had been few things since she left her pride that made her feel so excited again. She hoped they would find their place soon and she could begin learning about things other than quartz - but she'd liked learning about that too.

Without another thought she stepped in line beside him, looking around them now that she didn't have to have her nose glued to the ground, and let him lead her back to their temporary camp. One day, she hoped, they could go out on hunts like this and when they finally retired for the day, they would be heading back to this home they had been looking for.

One day.

Alpaca Chobi
Fin? heart

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items