[PRP]Splish Splash [Ngome, Asteria, Nashina]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 am
"What if I forget I have wings?" Nashina asked as she looked up at Asteria. She felt naked without them, and they weren't even left as wing like markings on the young goddess's sides. Asteria inclined her head at her, smiling at the question. "I truly doubt you'd completely forget them," she assured, nudging the top of her head against Nashina's rump to spur her onwards. "You would still be able to fly without them, anyways. Do you not always say you are more than your wings?" she reminded. Nashina paused, crinkling her nose as she thought on the words the older lioness had just said.

Had she ever said that?

"I don't think I recall that," she murmured and Asteria chuckled. "Well, I'll let you think more about it when we get to the water hole. If you're good, I'll let you show your wings too," she added. It was strange to think the tables were turned now on the pair, but she could only hope that what mothering the currently very confused goddess had instilled upon her was good enough to use on her in turn. It wasn't a particularly long walk to go, but Nashina had stopped at least 4 times to complain about this or that.

Mostly little things.

But she was too big to properly scoop up by the neck anymore, so nudging along it was.

What should have been a 5 minute walk had taken nearly 20, but once it was within sight; "WATER!" Nashina cried, running off ahead of Asteria to go splashing about while the older (in body) lioness watched her. "Be careful! If there are any alligators you get out right away!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 am
demon_pachabel

Ngome opted to leave his wing man for the day, to take a wander around the area and leave Rangi to his lady hunting. The other male liked to think of himself as some sort of irresistible magnet to the ladies, because of the rainbow colors of his mane. Ngome admitted that the mane was nice, but maybe not the attractive end-all that Rangi believed it to be. Either way, Ngome traveled with his smaller friend to keep him safe.

From others, and from himself. Sometimes his ideas were much bigger than his skills and awareness of dangers allowed.

But since this place seemed a little empty, and Rangi requested a day to himself so he could work on 'himself' and better his 'approach' to the ladies (which Ngome knew to mean he wanted to talk to himself in a pool of water and practice the smooth things he said when he met females), it was a good time to get some time for himself as well. He was a very quiet, thoughtful lion. Some described him as deep, like the water that seemingly made up his deceptive mane. Not as amazing as Rangi's rainbow, but hey. Could not have a rainbow without water, right?

He was sleeping near a watering hole, away from the one Rangi was practicing in, when he heard a cry and then a lot of splashing. Opening his eyes, he watched a cub and an older lioness who he took to be her mother in the area.

"Hello," he said quietly, his voice deep and rolling, unlikely to hit very high octaves at any time. It almost rumbled, but there was a kindness to it despite how low and growly it sounded.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:19 pm
When she'd noticed the other lion, Asteria suddenly hurried her step closer to the water, eyeing Ngome warily. He didn't seem bad, but neither had any of the lions that had upset her mother and been left....well, she'd let their current state of being speak for itself. "Hello," she greeted, voice soft, though she kept her distance. Nashina continued to splash in the water, pausing only when Asteria spoke, looking from the older lion, to the stranger on the bank. She tilted her head to one side, then to the other, before looking up to her daughter.

"Can I say hello too?" she asked. Asteria looked down at Nashina, then at Ngome again. "It's polite, so yes," she answered quietly. Where Asteria had been entirely guarded, Nashina was more than happy to scramble out of the water, shaking her butter yellow fur as dry as it would get before she approached the lion with his blue mane. "Hello!" she greeted cheerily, "Your mane is very blue! I like it!" She looked back to Asteria. "Aster! Do you like the blue?" she asked as Asteria drew closer, "Yes, it's nice," she agreed compliantly.

But it didn't seem as much of a compliment coming out of her mouth, than a way for her to keep the good cheer of the small lioness in her company.

Nashina seemed to notice, however, frowning. "Say it like you mean it!" Asteria's shoulders sunk, "I do mean it," she insisted. Nashina huffed again, but didn't press it. Instead, she leaned into Ngome to whisper; "She's just shy around strangers. She's been that way since she was a cub," and then she nodded. Yep. True facts.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:25 pm
demon_pachabel

Ngome was a quiet beast, and had trouble making conversations with strangers. How, then, he ended up becoming friends with a loud mouth like Rangi was beyond him. Rangi was his complete antithesis, loud and flirtatious, with an easy demeanor around females. Ngome found his inability to talk to others all but doubled around females.

He stood stiffly, though the cub caught his attention and allowed him to relax a bit.

Just a little.

"It is very blue, isn't it? Like the water, I've been told." He could not see his mane all that well, and it tended to disappear when he tried to look at his reflection in water since they did quite match. He was sure it was there, of course, he just had not... gotten much of a look at it.

"Since she was a cub?" he looked at the cub, then at the older lioness thoughtfully, though his expression was stoically blank. "You've heard stories, you mean?" Clearly the timelines were not lining up, with a comment like that, but cubs were liable to say things oddly, just to be confusing on purpose.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:54 pm
Nashina inclined her head slightly at Ngome's question, then burst into laughter. "Asteria is mine!" she explained, as if this made perfect sense, preening. "Aster, I'm gonna show him!" Nashina looked back at Asteria who moved, tucking a paw around the younger cub and pulling her close in. "Mother, please," she hushed, settling in as the smaller yellow lioness fussed around the larger's leg.

Asteria sighed. "Mother's memory is in and out and her..uh...form...reflects that on a day to day basis." she explained, looking down at Nashina who just crinkled her nose back up at her mother before sticking out her tongue. "She's...nebulous. I'm sorry if she confuses," she added with a laugh.

Nashina practically bounded out from between her daughter's legs, wings seemingly materializing from nowhere as she flared the little wings out in display. "I have wings! See? And I like your blue!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am
demon_pachabel

Ngome swished his tail behind him passively, watching the odd duo. He was not well versed in Gods or magic, though he had heard some stories of it existing. He chalked those up to being fairy tales adults told their cubs to keep them calm or in line, or to send them to sleep.

He was able to cast any doubts about Gods existing aside as the little cub ran forward and let her wings appear, blinking for a moment and looking very much unphased before sitting down heavily.

"Oh," he said, for lack of a better way to express himself.

He looked at Asteria, whose mother was a Goddess. Suddenly, he felt very nervous around her, as if now he could see the ethereal glow around her that made her something far more special than he had the right to be talking to. he lowered his gaze politely.

"I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean any insult," he said quietly, before smiling at the Goddess again. "Your wings are very beautiful. I would be eager to show them off, too, if I had any."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 pm
Nashina gave him a long, curious look. Offense? She looked back to Asteria with a slight incline of her head. In any other cub, it likely would have been adorable. It still was on her. "Asteria, dear? Am I supposed to be offended?" she inquired.

Asteria, with another careful sweep of her paw drew her mother back into her, with a sheepish embarrassment. "No, no, mother. He's being polite because you just pulled a very big card. You know, the one I asked you to keep put away?" she stressed her words as she brushed a paw over her mother's flared out wings to press them down to her sides. Her attention drifted from the small lioness to Ngome; "Truly, you didn't offend. I apologize. Are you...going to be alright?" there was a nervous tension in her tone, though the source of it was up to question. "If you're worried, I'm not hiding any wings of my own."

Against her leg, Nashina practically sprawled, wings vanishing again in an instant with an accompanying pout. "If you did have them, I bet you forgot. Spoil sport." she pouted, clearly put out.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:57 pm
demon_pachabel

"The thought that you might have wings crossed my mind," he said, and he actually laughed. It was a quick huff of a sound, more like a grunt than anything, but his expression brightened for a moment and he tilted his head to the side before righting himself.

He wondered for a moment what it would be like to fly, but was not sure if it would be a safe topic to bring up at random with this little godlett. After all, she seemed a little impulsive, and the last thing he needed was being dragged up into the sky by a winged cub.

"Well, this is my first time meeting a God and her family, though I think this might not be that conventional, either."

In either case, he felt pretty honored, as he rarely had anything interesting happen to him. Mostly by choice, as he was quiet sort that kept to his tasks and duties without paying much mind to things beyond it. He was very used to order and routine.

This was very far outside normal.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 am
Asteria laughed - a good natured sound at the confirmation of what it was she'd suspected he thought. "No, my father was very much not a God, so I have no wings and...not much really in the way of powers. Small visions, at best." Which really meant she wasn't too special in the shadow of her small mother who was border-lining a tantrum as she was held in place.

Nashina wiggled out from under Asteria's paw to stomp all four of hers, though her attention was kept firmly on her daughter, rather than Ngome. Asteria looked back down to her with absolute calmness before reaching out with a paw to rest it on top of her mother's head. "Boop." It was so out of the blue and silly that it took only a moment for Nashina to process it before she threw herself to the ground and began to howl with laughter.

It seemed Asteria was pleased with this development before she looked back to Ngome again. "No. But I try my best to work around our strange little situation......" she looked down at the Goddess again and sighed, shaking her head with amusement.

"I'm Asteria. I know my mother said my name a few times, but introductions are important," she inclined her head slightly and Nashina quickly perked up to her feet to mimic it. Asteria nudged the back of her mother's rump and Nashina added on; "I'm Nashina!"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 am
demon_pachabel

Ngome watched her quietly for a long moment, as if digesting her words one by one to wrap his head around them. He was not a stupid lion by any means, but he was also not used to such strange things happening to him. He was unversed in Gods and their children, or the time lines that they seemed to follow.

He was doing his best to understand without asking too many annoying questions.

"Visions? I've heard of lions with those before. Children of the Gods. That makes sense, then, that they are not just stories." He would not tell Rangi of this, as that loose moralled beast would quickly start telling females he was able to see God visions, too.

"My name is Ngome," he said, bowing his head at Asteria first, then at Nashina with a smile. "It is a pleasure and an honor to meet you both. I'm sorry if I seemed surprised or confused before, but I think I'm following it all now. Though, even knowing that she is a God... I'm not quite sure why she looks so... very young."

He wasn't sure if it was rude question or not, and his brow furrowed in thought.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces