Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:14 pm
User Image

Warm bed of pelts, meat set to the side and some water was enough to keep most any lion in their den for a day like today, but as much as Shi wanted too, she couldn't. Raising up from the comforts of home she dragged herself out of the den and into moist air of her home pride. Since birth the prides lands had only adjusted by minimal temperatures over her lifespan. "It shouldn't feel like I'm swimming each time I take a step out of this den." She muttered callously to herself before taking the worn path from her dens entrance and began the brief walk towards the primary gathering area that played host to most of the prides members. Not that she had been eager to add the warmth of that many bodies to the moisture in the air, but todays journey had a purpose.

Him.

Seeking out a male to start a family hadn't been her first goal, no, she had been bound and determined to become a Reaver and with effort eventually a Captain. Following in her mothers paw steps would be a struggle at first though entirely worth while in the end. Shi had considered the options laid before her and had made an educated decision that although she would be interested in that route it would impede her following her pridal duties of bringing new, strong Stormborn into the pride. So forfeiting her goals for a small period of time was the first call she had made in her young adult life - time wasn't of the essence to become a Reaver.

Following that decision she had made a few more - the decision was, which male? Fortunately the Stormborn were of no shortage in storytelling and gossip, most of which was true, so finding the males worth approaching was an easy task. It was just a matter of getting it over with, at least her own family line spoke for itself in most cases. Both parents were now Captains and her siblings had goals as well. Shi wore pride on her face as she set her golden gaze on the crowd to seek out the male she hoped would be there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These sort of gatherings weren't really something Ensis enjoyed. He never had and he never would. However, if he wanted to go on Vikings, it was the best way to find out who was recruiting to go where. Not that Ensis went as often as some Reavers, but he didn't always stay home.

He didn't value glory, or treasure, or anything beyond his own combat skills really. But he was a reliable addition to any Viking, so the white male tended to be accepted whenever he offered himself to a Captain.

Still, this was looking to be a more boring gathering than usual. Ensis sighed to himself, watching the mass of lions moving around him.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm
There he was. Good, solid reaver. The thought was crisp, clear, and helped Shi to step with confidence towards the male. He was pale, and the shades of green seen during early spring. The colors she most associated with a strong, and healthy environment. Everything about him was precisely what she was searching for, but that was all based on hearsay.

"Ensis?" Shi had the upper-paw. Her research allowed her the fortune of knowing his name before he likely knew hers. So as she approached she used that fortune, out loud, to get his attentions. "You don't seem at all interested in being here." A small smile crept to her lips as she spoke to him, his lack of interest didn't take away from his reputation for her - these crowds were often useless beyond a drunken dispute here or there. So, entertainment, at most.

"I'm Shi, would you like to get away from here? Take a walk?" Though she posed them as question they held an undertone of persistence. If he denied her she wouldn't take the hit lightly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 pm
The lion twitched as his name was called by a completely unfamiliar voice, turning to locate the origin of the sound. Pink eyes blinked as they settled on a young lioness whose markings were in gold, instead of the green that graced his white backdrop.

She didn't seem to want a conversation, but the Reaver wasn't certain what she did want as she invited him to take a walk with her. Still, he supposed he might as well indulge the lioness, given that she was right - he really didn't want to be here.

"I suppose," the male replied simply, looking to Shi to lead the way.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:30 pm
To her surprise he didn't contest her suggestion for them to leave and so the smile never faded. When she was satisfied, simple as his answer had been, that he would follow she turned away from the crowded area and began to lead him to a more secluded section. "Were you celebrating anything?" Her question was tossed out there aimlessly, certainly not her goal. Simply a way to pass the time until they reached a crossroads - one of the paths lead to her den and the other, she had in mind, lead to the cliffside - so to speak.

"Or were you simply attending it in passing?" Again, the question was another time waster before getting to the real purpose of her requesting a more personal moment with him. Once far enough away from the chatter she felt it would be fine to start bringing up her proposition. If things went poorly she would use the crossroads as a place to part ways, but otherwise she felt confident it'd end in her favor.

"You seem to have a rather impressive reputation." Shi spoke with a matter of fact tone. "Something to be admired, considering the number of lions I've seen fade into the background." Her mind automatically went to the big blue lion, father of the warlord, who was currently working to correct his drunken behaviors. "It's also something appeaing for females hoping to produce ideal offspring for the next generation of Reavers." The lioness spoke calmly, continuing with her matter of fact tone throughout the conversation, but she paused to allow him a chance to speak.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:33 pm
"No, no celebrating," the lion replied. It was an odd sort of conversation they were having, but Shi seemed to be an odd sort of lioness. Not bad, just unexpected. "I simply feel obligated to be attend," he explained.

Ensis blinked as Shi mentioned his reputation. He honestly wasn't aware he had one, and couldn't imagine what it was for. As for fading into the background, it was a large pride and he certainly wasn't one to do anything noteworthy. He had no intention of challenging for Captaincy at the next Breytast Vindar or anything like that.

"What reputation is that?" he asked, completely failing to comprehend her follow-up comment about the next generation of Reavers.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:09 pm
"Ah" She remarked at the answer he provided. Shi had to wonder if the celebrations had been for a Viking of his own? Or was it one that happened to be going on at the time. She couldn't tell most times, everyone seemed to enjoy celebrating whenever they had the chance. Mint beverages all around! The thought made her chuckle lightly until he blinked at her statements.

Did he not know? Shi was taken aback by his lack of reaction as most lions would have begun to boast and parade verbally about a reputation - any reputation. She could have made up a fake one and they would have jumped all over it. Unfortunately it took the authenticity out of their reputations to boast so loudly. This moment just wasn't what she had expected and so she nearly lost her train of thought.

"Well, for one, you have a keen eye for those that belong here." Most reputations weren't developed at their borders, but some of them could be. Those that handled the Askorun handled the possible next reavers, captains or even warlords entrance into their home. The responsibility in itself was impressive when Shi stopped to think about it. "I've also heard you perform well on Vikings, a Captain wouldn't second guess choosing you to join their band." A smile tugged at her lips again helping to extinguish whatever shock was leftover.

"Would you be willing to help me?" Her golden gaze had wandered for most of their conversation, but eventually found their way to his eyes. "I mean, with the next generation of course. Only an able-bodied reaver will do." Proposing the question a different, would that help? If he didn't catch onto this time around she supposed she would have to be entirely transparent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:15 pm
"Oh," was Ensis' response as he worked through what he was being told. He knew he'd lost a number of challenges with lions looking to join the pride, but he hadn't quite seen them in that sort of light. He did know that he could find a Viking whenever he wanted time away from the pride, so that made sense.

But as to what she was asking of him...the pink eyes blinked rapidly as he realized he was actually being propositioned. Ensis rarely spared any thoughts for sexual intercourse, as he generally saw it as being of far less importance than other pursuits. Still, he wanted to be absolutely certain he knew what he was getting into here.

"Are you telling me you want cubs? From me?" the lion asked bluntly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 pm
Shi watched as the cogs appeared to be turning in his mind at her explanations. They seemed to be satisfactory enough for him because he seemed to realize where this conversation was headed. Was that all I had to do?! Her mind was swirling about at the fact that she had buttered him up to propose the question in a fashion that would compliment him and convince him in the same manner. She should have known it would have been better just to get it out there.

"Yes, in simpler, more transparent terms that is what I would like to do." It took everything in her not to roll those golden eyes to the sky at what she said. "Before I go throwing myself into the ranks I'd like to produce at least one litter of cubs." She stated plainly, that seemed to best possible way to get through this conversation. "So will you have cubs with me?" Her eyes narrowed slightly, but only because she was suddenly unsure of the situation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:41 pm
"Um...if you're sure?" the Reaver replied inelegantly. It seemed too much for him to comprehend that someone actually wanted his cubs. He'd never really given much thought to the idea before. Oh sure, he'd virtually raised his singular Thrall, but that was because he'd seen it as his responsibility to do so. It had never crossed his mind to think about his own potential kids.

And if Shi wanted them so badly that she went looking for him by name, well, he should oblige her, right?  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm
It was fortunate that she had confidence in his reputation because the answer she received was flattering for him. "Yes I'm sure." She nearly snapped, but was able to maintain an even tone. With the confirmation received that he was willing to go along with the proposition she didn't hesitate.

"My den is this way." She remarked and began to head the familiar direction to her home.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 pm
Somewhat bemused and bewildered, Ensis followed the lioness towards her den. He wondered what exactly he was getting himself into, but he was raised that he shouldn't refuse reasonable requests. He had no reason to not want cubs of his own, so he might as well help Shi out.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces