[PRP] adventures in.....babysitting? [ renose + ionan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:53 am
For starters, Renose didn't like kids. He didn't really know how to handle them in terms of words or actions (they cried way too easily for his tastes, and couldn't take jokes), and most of the time he ended up feeling like the bad guy when it came to dealing with them. Renose never liked feeling like the bad guy, and so he never liked dealing with anyone younger than him. Yes, anyone younger by even two turns was considered a kid, a child, a baby, and Renose would have to bite his tongue when working around or with them. When he was in a group of others his own age, dealing with littles wasn't so hard. They kept up, they kept quiet, and Renose could handle them by trying to show to his friends he was capable of everything.

But now? Alone in a stable with someone clearly smaller and younger, with no one to impress except some tired herd beasts? It was like a bad case of Fall, really. Today's assignment was to make sure all equipment was properly oiled and put away, lest the cold weather damage leathers beyond repair, and someone Renose had managed to draw this lot alongside someone he was sure he could rest his elbow on. As long as whoever this was - he was sure he knew the name, didn't care to think on it - pulled his weight, they'd be fine.

Or so Renose really, really hoped.

Thaliawen
i hope this is okay??? i am still learning so much about this shop i don;t know

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 am
Quote:
You're doing just fine!

Ionan hated herdbeasts. They were nothing like dragons, without wings and without intelligence. They couldn't share their thoughts like dragons could--and of course, having been raised around dragons, the boy was biased. He fed them quietly, checking their water to ensure that they had enough and that it was clean. He reached out to stroke one of their noses. Every creature had a use, he knew. They were good for eating.

But they sure smelled bad.

"Hey, what's your name?" he asked, looking over to the older boy. "I'm Ionan."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 pm
Okay why was the kid taking care of the animals? Did he have a different task then Renose, did Renose get the idea wrong what was going on? The look on the older teen's face mirrored annoyance and confusion, mixed with a small hint that he was trying to think again and again over what he'd been told to do.

"I'm Renose, and I'm pretty sure we're not in here to take care of the animals." The teen motioned towards the stack of leathers and supplies piled in a corner, making himself almost ill with how much work would be done. "I can tackle all the heavier things if you wanna get to work on the smaller leathers and such. We've gotta get everything done before the sun sets or else we're stuck doing it again tomorrow, and I would honestly rather not be stuck doing this for more than one day."

Cleaning a saddle was easy, cleaning the bridle was easy too. Turns of candidacy had made anything involving cleaning so easy but Faranth, he still hated it so much.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 am
"Aren't we?" Ionan looked up, surprised. Renose was kind of a funny name, wasn't it? Ha, nose. Oh... Leathers. The candidate master had probably mentioned that, yeah. He nodded in understanding. "We'll get everything done, don't worry," he assured the older boy. Things got done faster in groups, and when there was fun to be had. It always seemed like an impossible task at first, when first looked at.

"I'm good at cleaning these," he said. "I've helped my father clean his dragon's straps for turns."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:05 pm
Oh Faranth, he had a rider's kid helping him - or correction, a rider's kid who actually had parents who wanted to spend time with them. Not entirely a bad thing, and certainly not something Renose was jealous of, but it occasionally made dealing with these types more difficult. People who could namedrop their parents often did, and if this kid had someone high up the ranks? It'd be insufferable.

Hopefully they'd finish quickly, the kid wouldn't constantly yammer on about his folks, and Renose could get out of the shed before he smelled any worse. "If you wanna help the animals we can after we finish, but I think they actually have someone assigned to that already. Don't wanna be taking someone else's work from them, yanno." A saddle was lifted and moved, and Renose was mildly surprised not to see any bugs fall out. This place wasn't exactly the epitome of clean, in his standards, but what did he know?

A lot, but moving along.

"If you need me to reach anything for you, let me know. Or if you need something lifted up." Renose was tall, willowy, and towered over this....Iodine.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm
“They probably do,” He agreed, and gave a shrug. Probably one of the weyrbrats. It was a simple task. “Okay,” Ionan agreed. If he needed help, Sure he’d ask for it. But he wouldn’t need it. “If you need any help, you can ask me.”

“Do you like them?” He featured to the animals within. “When I was little, I wondered why they couldn’t talk to me like my parents’ dragons did.” Talkative or not, Ionan loved all creatures. He’d once tried to convince his father to let him bring a tunnelsnake home, when T’rel had been tasked with hunting them. He lifted a saddle and began to clean it.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm
....the kid was a talker. Renose liked to talk a lot himself, he enjoyed the sound of his own voice after all, but he had little to no patience for listening to others. Perhaps his constant tuning out of everyone was why most people assumed he was deaf, or maybe they were just yelling at him for not listening. Huh, whatever.

"I don't really have any strong feelings towards animals, or anything in particular." He didn't like kids, that much Renose was starting to assure himself, but he needed to keep his tone proper and even. His dislike of something should not show enough that it caused issues. "I like dragons, and firelizards, but I don't really want to go out of my way for anything else."

Most other animals on Pern served their use as food or material - why bother liking something like that?

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:49 pm
“My aunt has a feline, but I’ve never been able to touch her,” he said. “My other ain’t has a green, they’re married. Mostly I grew up with my parents’ dragons. Tarmath is kind of like a second mom, and Zeti likes to scold us just as much as dad does when we get into trouble.” He grinned, maybe at a particular memory.

“Mom’s the rule maker though. Her sister isn’t as bossy so we always ran away to their weyr.” Ionan continued with his task. “Did you get in trouble as a kid?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:56 pm
"That's nice." Oh man, the kid kept going and going, talking about stuff he didn't even bother asking. Was he like that at that age? Renose did enjoy talking about himself, but not to the point he was spilling his entire life story out to someone when they were supposed to be working. "Maybe a little less talking, a little more working?"

The teen wanted to be done and out of here. He didn't need to be saddled (literally and figuratively) with someone who wasn't going to pull their weight in chores. He was a lazy individual who worked just hard enough to get by and shard it if he was going to have to do everything. "The sooner we get done, the sooner you can go hang out with your family."

Renose completely ignored the personal question.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:15 pm
A little less talking? But he was working. It wasn’t like he was only talking. “Sometimes it’s easier to work when there’s background noise,” he offered, and shrugged. He noted the older boy’s failure to answer his question. Well. Uh.

Ionan continued to work. “I don’t always hang out with my family,” he said.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:35 pm
Background noise was just that - background noise. Talking was hardly something that could be ignored unless it was someone far away, and Renose just....wasn't in it for conversation with this kid who was trying to deny he wasn't all about his family. Despite, you know, doing nothing but talking about his family. But whatever, he had things to do.

"Suit yourself, but I'm not the type to talk and work." That was a complete and utter lie, as Renose was an absolute chatterbox, but he really didn't want to be stuck in with this kid and these herdbeasts longer than he needed to. There were things he needed to do and other open excuses.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 pm
Not the type to talk and work? Oh. Maybe he could see Rhiyn later, then. His older friend was much friendier than this guy--maybe he had some advice on how to articulate himself better. He didn't want to isolate himself from the other candidates, but what if this was the way every interaction went?

He continued to work, speaking to the herdbeasts occasionally, as one did when working with animals.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:23 pm
Renose figured they were about halfway done, or maybe more than halfway, when he turned back to look at the kid. He'd heard him chatting now and then at the animals, which honestly was better than bothering him with pointless questions, and he cleared his throat. "How are you managing over there? I've got most of the tack on this half cleaned, how's your share?"

It wasn't like he thought the kid wasn't working, but if he'd done his portion he wasn't going to pick up and do someone else's set.

Thaliawen

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff