Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Moving Forward (R'hin and Farallen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:13 am
Revel1984
I didn't want to intrude on his interaction with Falienn, so I figured I could just start a new thread. Hope that's okay :0

It was early evening and the packed infirmary was a quiet bustle of patients, vistors, and healers. The harper sat on a stool towards the corner of the room, Konvakith curled up by his feet, and his guitar resting lightly on his knee. He'd been coming here whenever he could, call it 'practising his craft', if you like. But even though it was a relatively small audience compared to what most Harpers were used to playing to, it was the first time in a long time that he had played for anyone. He felt out of place in the hall full of people, but this was more familiar to him.

He used to do this with his sister back at High Reaches, go around and entertain those stuck in the the infirmary. But back then, there was rarely more than a few aging riders and the occasional training accident to play for. Now the beds were filled wall to wall. Many were still bleeding from the hatching, and then of course there were the typical thread-score injuries.

He played gently so as not to wake those already asleep. The song was an old ballad, written long before his time, with a soft and lilting melody. And he sang quietly as he played;

"Once I slept on bed furs warm and safe withing a Hold,
Now I'm glad to lay my head on a cot that's hard and old.
But sing with me a merry catch and days will turn to sping,
My love he is a dragonman, so I'm following his wings.

"With a flitter flutter thrill, and a trumpet and a trill,
And the beat of a dragon drum.
The work it is hard and the hours long,
And still I'm waiting for that hum"

((Here's the tune, roughly.. Couldn't find a version that's played the way I remember, but that's pretty close sweatdrop ))

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:34 am
Farellen was in pain, it wasn't too bad thanks to all the numbweed and Fellis juice but lying on the bed with nothing to do made everything feel worse, all he was doing was sleeping but he'd had enough sleeping, he itched to be on his feet but if he moved his splinted arm, he wanted to scream. He'd just closed his eye and was about to call for one of the healers for more fellis when he heard a tune he knew, he remembered hearing someone coming in but had assumed it was someone needing a healer. He listened to the guitar, humming along until he softly began singing along, at first shaky but quietly musical, he couldn't help it, it was a nice soft soothing tune, he didn't think much of his voice, but he couldn't help singing.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:45 am
As R'hin played, he was surprised to hear someone joining in. Shaky at first but then more confidently. R'hin smiled and lowered his own voice slightly to give the others more prominence. He was good. After finishing the song, R'hin glanced around. A few people had been listening intently before, but most were now sleeping or talking quietly to one of the visitors that had come. He didn't think anyone would mine terribly of he does for a moment. Holding his guitar by the neck, he stood up and scooted h is stool closer to the boy's bed.

He didn't recognize him, but from his injuries he looked like he must have been one of the candidates. "Hey, you're pretty good. Are you a Harper?" he asked him.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games