Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:35 am
User ImageThere had been so much to have happened in the pride and currently her brothers were going through the Trails of the King. At least the plague had long since gone, she hoped and they were at a somewhat steady place. The earthquake after the plague had taken so much from them and now her father was dead.

It was just one loss after the other within the pride. It was a wonder they were still clinging on to what resemblance of a life they had left. So few pride members were left and fewer cubs still. At least there were enough left to help rebuild the pride and possibly start furthering lines.

Kicking a pebble with her foot the grey female took a seat, curling her tail around her legs as she did so. Looking towards the murky skies she just let her thoughts consume her.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:48 pm
User Image Times changed and yet as constant as the finality of life, the N'ezi-ozu persisted. Though as with time, so had they changed. The stories of his parents - and even grandparents, before they too had passed on through rituals he had stood watch over - told of how such things had come to an end. Sometimes, Dineo thought longer and harder about such things. More often than not, however, the matters of what was happening in the then and now held precedence. The plague had all but passed, and now?

Now they had more than simply trials of the pride, but the Trials of the King as well. Though perhaps that would weigh more heavily on the mind of some than others - and as he made his rounds, being extra vigilant in his checking up on all in the pride to be certain they were well and had not seen anything of concern, it was he who found himself idly entertaining it.

While perhaps her brothers would have been considered more easily recognizable, Juu, in her posture of something that resembled melancholy, was not a lioness that Dineo would have considered a completely unknown face. Not a friend, but someone you nodded at in passing, and occasionally dropped in to give well wishes upon when something good was happening in her life. Which also meant that checking in when one was looking glum was also completely within social acceptability as well.

"What thoughts are sent to the sky this day, Juu?" he inquired in a low and unintruding voice as he approached, kicking along the same pebble she had before taking up a seat some paces away from her, looking on with as much interest as his serious face could muster.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:18 pm
demon_pachabel

A voice cut through the air and she turned her eyes upon the male who had a mane to match. His presence always made her smile, even if she didn't show it. "Dineo..." Her voice was soft like a whisper but easily heard across the stale air. "Hope." Her reply was simple but it spoke volumes to what she wanted for their pride mates, for their future. She wasn't about to bog him down with her thoughts of worry.

It had been so long since anyone had partaken in the trial that not even she knew the full details of what her brothers were going through. What they must face before one of them became victorious. She watched him for a moment before speaking again, "Anything interesting to report?" While they were secluded you never knew what might happen day in and day out while roaming among the borders.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:36 pm
"Hope, hmm?" he held onto the notion briefly, turning his own gaze up to the sky thoughtfully. Certainly, throwing such a thing up into the sky wouldn't launch it very far, but it did depend on where you were wanting it to land. Close by? Perhaps upwards was as good of a direction as any other if that was the goal. "Hope is good, and we have plenty of it being sent out towards others within our lands." They had more young lions that made it to adulthood and they were beginning to be able to focus on the smaller things alongside the larger ones.

Progress, perhaps?

His attention turned back towards the lands he had been taking his paces through at her inquiry, before he looked back to Juu and shook his head slowly. "Nobody has raised any concerns with me yet, and at the borders all I find are vultures and other birds that wait for time to repeat itself. I dare hope that it will be some time yet before they get another body from us."

AstoriaFallen

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:07 pm
demon_pachabel

"Hmmm Indeed." She gave a light laugh, it was silly thing to dream about but at the same time was it so wrong to have hope for a better future for them?

"That we do. In time perhaps we shall see the fruits of that labor." While she didn't say too much she did speak of things that were important to her. What a grim walk he seemed to of had, nothing but scavengers hoping for an easy meal.

"I hope it is as well." How long had it been since the plague had last shown it's ugly head upon their lands?

Letting out a sigh she watched the trees sway ever so slightly. "What do you think about the Trials so far?" Her eyes fell upon him once again.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 pm
The trials were indeed a thing, and Dineo would quickly admit; "I haven't put as much thought into them as other's have, perhaps. As I am not participating, I try to not romanticize or make light of what may happen during them when I cannot experience them. I can only have my confidence in that things will go well and do what I can to make sure the pride stays protected and safe in the interim." While others may have had strong wishes on where they hoped the result of the Trials would leave them all, he.....

Well, he would be content to live under the guidance of either brother as their leader.

"Do you worry for them, Juu?" he inquired softly. Of course, he wouldn't be surprised if she did - they were, after all, her family. But did she have more reason than some did to worry?

AstoriaFallen

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:28 pm
demon_pachabel

That was understandable. She was only really affected because her brothers were going through it, other than that the Trials didn't have anything to do with the rest of the pride, save a new leader would be in place soon enough. His words rang true though, she shouldn't fret about it too much. What will come to pass, shall. It was for the good of the pride.

She looked away from him and stood up, she did worry. Should she really let that on though, it's not like she HAD to be worry free through the whole thing. She could be concerned for her family members. She paced a few steps forward and then turned and looked back at him, her hair cascading about her eyes as she spoke. "I do.... I... I just have to hope it all turns out for the best." No one really knew how the trials would end. At least as far as she knew it was still a mystery. It had been so long since the pride had done such a thing.

"I shouldn't worry though.. Right?" She asked him, not that she expected him to know the answer to that.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:55 pm
He rose to pace after her, though he lingered several steps behind. "There is no fault in worrying. I cannot tell you not to, because I do not own your feelings. They are your family, after all." It was perhaps a safe answer, but that made it no less true. He could do his best to reassure her, but in the end, he couldn't take away her thoughts. "You worry out of love, after all."

Dineo couldn't say what the trials consisted of, though. But would their pride really have endangered their ruler to be with such things? It seemed more likely a way to determine succession when they had two likely heirs - or more. Children were born in litters.

"Things are getting better, and they will continue to once your brothers finish what has been put in front of them."

AstoriaFallen

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 pm
demon_pachabel
I speak of it being in mystery because no one really knows what the trials entail until they actually finish them orz lol

She hadn't really thought he would pace with her but there he was. His words helped to ease her worry, for now anyway. She gave him a heartfelt smile that didn't last long, one of those, 'I appreciate your words' kind of smiles. "That's what family is there for after all, right? To worry, to love....." Her voice trailed off and she tore her gaze away from him.

"When one of them come out victorious the pride will be able to move on at least." What about her other brother, what would become of him? She wished it wasn't so shrouded in mystery.

"I want to live my life worry free but I guess I'll just have to be the fretful sister for now... right?" Giving him a glance she let out a heavy sigh.

She remained silent then and just stared towards the sky. She wasn't sure she wanted to talk about her troubles for much longer. Why burden him with trivial matters as such?

"Perhaps I can join you while you continue your patrol?" She asked, looking back at the male. It would help ease her thoughts to busy herself with doing something. No one needed her herbal skills currently. Perhaps she could gather some herbs while they were walking.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:36 am
And there she was, looking up towards the sky again. Was she sending more thoughts of hope out towards it? Or was she sharing more of her worries? Certainly, while he'd been willing to take on some of her burden - was that not part of his job in caring for their pride? - there was only so much he could make her hand off to him.

"Only for a time, Juu," he assured. Someday she would look back and wonder why she had ever worried.

Her offer was surprising, perhaps, but Dineo took little time to consider it. "If you wish to, I would not mind the company." It would perhaps give her time to see how the others of the Pride were feeling about current events and even take some solace in knowing how they were feeling about mysterious events as well.

AstoriaFallen

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:38 am
demon_pachabel
Want to do another rp? could be them walking around or just a few days forward ect.

Giving a small nod she gave him a light smile. "It might be a good change of pace for me today." Really it was just going to be a distraction for her thoughts. "If you lead the way, I shall follow you Dineo."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 am
He nodded in turn, taking up stride next to her. "Very well," his voice was low and quiet as he jerked his head the direction he was going to walk in before he began to walk. It wouldn't be a particularly interesting round in terms of excitement, but there would at least be plenty to see for those who looked.

AstoriaFallen
Sure! I'm down/up/sideways for anything smile <3

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out